ADVERTISEMENT

Salesmen vs Businessman

Jul 14, 2019
I feel as if in your program you take a salesman's approach. You have amazing history, multiple Heismans, National Championships, the only show in town and you offer everyone with more than 4 stars. You got the bling and the smile! You draw a lot of talent to your program you have the highest star rating of players in the west but still can't win. The off season is filled with am radio waves talking about your next Heisman hopeful and ways you will win the BIG. You sale your recruits, fans, and players that they are the next big thing. Then as soon as you get punched in the mouth you fold like the cheap suits your salesmen wore day one.

My program takes a business approach we rarely offer a 5 star a few 4 but seek out the hard working 2-3 star men that will punch you square in your mouth. We don't show you NC trophies or hardware on your visits but talk to you about your best proven path to the pro's. You don't wonder who is going to be your coach the following year because we are ok with a loss or two. There will be ups and downs like any business but there is a long term plan of consistency, hard work and dedication. Their may be a bad seed from time to time and they will be kicked off the team they may transfer to a D2 school and be a pro-bowler in the pros but players will be held accountable while at our program no matter talent level.

I even love the “kick em while their down” trolls

Great fricking post. Now, I didn’t read it but I’m sure it was compelling

Reactions: Huskred01
I read the first sentence and knew it was going to be dumb coming from an Iowa fan.

Their program has paid that guy ridiculously to keep them mediocre and with weak ass scheduling to boot.

Iowa schedules scared. Fake ID program.

Reactions: gbr2009
I feel as if in your program you take a salesman's approach. You have amazing history, multiple Heismans, National Championships, the only show in town and you offer everyone with more than 4 stars. You got the bling and the smile! You draw a lot of talent to your program you have the highest star rating of players in the west but still can't win. The off season is filled with am radio waves talking about your next Heisman hopeful and ways you will win the BIG. You sale your recruits, fans, and players that they are the next big thing. Then as soon as you get punched in the mouth you fold like the cheap suits your salesmen wore day one.

My program takes a business approach we rarely offer a 5 star a few 4 but seek out the hard working 2-3 star men that will punch you square in your mouth. We don't show you NC trophies or hardware on your visits but talk to you about your best proven path to the pro's. You don't wonder who is going to be your coach the following year because we are ok with a loss or two. There will be ups and downs like any business but there is a long term plan of consistency, hard work and dedication. Their may be a bad seed from time to time and they will be kicked off the team they may transfer to a D2 school and be a pro-bowler in the pros but players will be held accountable while at our program no matter talent level.[/Q
Go back to your iowegian cave and have someone pat you on your self righteous ass.

I read the first sentence and knew it was going to be dumb coming from an Iowa fan.

Their program has paid that guy ridiculously to keep them mediocre and with weak ass scheduling to boot.

Iowa schedules scared. Fake ID program.
1 top 10 finish about every 5 years, bsc games, lots of top 25's, soon to be 5 straight over NE. Our weak as schedule to date has only 2 losses to Mich and Penn St each by less than a score. We will end the year in top 25 again and another great bowl game! If we count your superbowl against us as a bowl we have two bowl games this year.
Nice Try though!!

My program takes a business approach we rarely offer a 5 star a few 4 but seek out the hard working 2-3 star men that will punch you square in your mouth. We don't show you NC trophies or hardware on your visits but talk to you about your best proven path to the pro's. You don't wonder who is going to be your coach the following year because we are ok with a loss or two. There will be ups and downs like any business but there is a long term plan of consistency, hard work and dedication. Their may be a bad seed from time to time and they will be kicked off the team they may transfer to a D2 school and be a pro-bowler in the pros but players will be held accountable while at our program no matter talent level.
you should do at least one more thing. that's go back to your own board and spout your worthless slanted opinions.

Last edited:

and our bad dc happens to be a product of your gloriously mediocre program

1 top 10 finish about every 5 years, bsc games, lots of top 25's, soon to be 5 straight over NE. Our weak as schedule to date has only 2 losses to Mich and Penn St each by less than a score. We will end the year in top 25 again and another great bowl game! If we count your superbowl against us as a bowl we have two bowl games this year.
Nice Try though!!

Yep....that's some good scheduling Iowa has done huh?

You don’t show anyone NC trophies when they visit cuz you don’t have any to show. Go back to the Iowa Board and discuss how and why Wisconsin will drill you next week.

do you tell your wife's boyfriend about the merits of hard work and dedication in the workplace?

Both schools suck, just one has embraced it for 20 years and it has given a pretty middling result. The other is impatiently trying new pegs in the holes all the time.

Disagree. Iowa fans/alums/boosters are perfectly happy with Ferentz. They have an identity and are in their lane. We wish we could be there right now.

Let go of your delusions.

Nice Try though!!

Wow, look out Bama!

Disagree. Iowa fans/alums/boosters are perfectly happy with Ferentz. They have an identity and are in their lane. We wish we could be there right now.

Let go of your delusions.
No, I don’t want to be them, but I definitely don’t want to be where Nebraska is now at all.

I have no delusions, and just because their fans are happy with what they have doesn’t mean I want it.

I’d much rather have the consistency of a Wisconsin as a program than Iowa.

Only show in town? Are you drunk? Sober up!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT