ADVERTISEMENT

Revelle placed on administrative leave...

Coaches always support each other. It’s like a super secret club. No one ever does anything wrong. No one ever deserves to get fired. Kind of like journalists. Other journalists always praise them for how fantastic they are when they get fired.

Coaches always support each other. It’s like a super secret club. No one ever does anything wrong. No one ever deserves to get fired. Kind of like journalists. Other journalists always praise them for how fantastic they are when they get fired.
Yep. A lot of Riley's fellow coaches stood up for him too. It's the code.

Kinda reminds me of how TO would support a embattled coach from Iowa st, Kansas, Missouri etc. I always wondered if the reason TO supported those coaches was because he was beating the crap out of them and if they hired someone new that might not happen on a constant basis

Not that it is keeping me up at night, but has anyone heard any more on what is going on with this situation?

Happy for her. Glad this is over. This took too long regardless of the outcome. Now I hope something is done against false accuser's. Maybe it's legal mumble jumble positioning. But nothing worse than false accusations. No matter the outcome, coach ravelle and the softball team and NU have been damaged by this. Just think if this was football, BB or VB!!

Happy for her. Glad this is over. This took too long regardless of the outcome. Now I hope something is done against false accuser's. Maybe it's legal mumble jumble positioning. But nothing worse than false accusations. No matter the outcome, coach ravelle and the softball team and NU have been damaged by this. Just think if this was football, BB or VB!!

Doesn’t look like this is going to go away quietly

Now I hope something is done against false accuser's.
There's a lot of room between her being reinstated and false accusations. Maybe she's just a tough old-school coach and kids today are soft, but maybe she's a desperate has-been who went just a little too far trying to wring wins out of her players to save her job. The article Harry posted makes me believe she's completely out of touch with how to motivate current players. I don't see success in her future.

Reactions: dinglefritz
There's a lot of room between her being reinstated and false accusations. Maybe she's just a tough old-school coach and kids today are soft, but maybe she's a desperate has-been who went just a little too far trying to wring wins out of her players to save her job. The article Harry posted makes me believe she's completely out of touch with how to motivate current players. I don't see success in her future.
Could be right. This year's results were disappointing to say the least. Gonna be tough to get unity in the dugout unless something major changes. Something need to be purged. Football team 2.0 or the coach. I'm assuming the leash is a little shorter.

The group that's going against her reinstatement is an advocay group that has eliminating national letters of intent in their mission of action statement.
They are activists with their base in ny city.
Imo, we can't afford to let this in.

The group that's going against her reinstatement is an advocay group that has eliminating national letters of intent in their mission of action statement.
They are activists with their base in ny city.
Imo, we can't afford to let this in.
This slimeball attorney is going to find out litigating a case in Nebraska is a whole different animal than litigating a case in New York State.

Reactions: huskerfan66
In non revenue sports the coaches number #1 job - even more important than winning - is to stay off the radar of the AD - the junior assistant to the assistant AD handles these sports. Anytime the main AD has to hear about these sports - they are pissed as it distracts from their main responsibilities handling the revenue sports and fund raising.

Unless they are winning a national title very few people should even know who the softball coach is - let alone have a 3 page+ thread on the main football board.

In non revenue sports the coaches number #1 job - even more important than winning - is to stay off the radar of the AD - the junior assistant to the assistant AD handles these sports. Anytime the main AD has to hear about these sports - they are pissed as it distracts from their main responsibilities handling the revenue sports and fund raising.

Unless they are winning a national title very few people should even know who the softball coach is - let alone have a 3 page+ thread on the main football board.
Until a new york group steps in with their money, their lawyers, and their agenda,then, we should all be concerned, not that we can't handle it in house, but we dont really want an agenda placed upon the fans, coaches, admin of Nebraska

Until a new york group steps in with their money, their lawyers, and their agenda,then, we should all be concerned, not that we can't handle it in house, but we dont really want an agenda placed upon the fans, coaches, admin of Nebraska
Fans, coaches and admin... don’t give a crap about the athletes?

"As a result of the issues that were raised we have worked with Coach Revelle to address and alleviate those concerns moving forward."

So.....the athletic department is saying that a coach who has been there 26 years needs training on coaching her players? This program is done now until she is gone. (Not that she has produced much lately anyway)

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Not sure fat-shaming is nice, but sometimes I watch various teams playing women's college softball and I'm like, wow, there are some big girls there.

Have a friend who’s daughter is on the current team. These girls won’t be satisfied until Rhonda is gone. This will get ugly until she’s removed.

Have a friend who’s daughter is on the current team. These girls won’t be satisfied until Rhonda is gone. This will get ugly until she’s removed.

If they "investigated" it and found nothing...they can't let her go and let the kids run the program like that.

I dont know anyone who is involved in this so going off what I read. My SIL, who was a college athlete and coaches, says that you have to coach females differently than males. You have to tread lightly...

Question:

Is there a discrepancy on how coaches are allowed to "coach up" males.....versus females? How male athletes are allowed to treat peers versus females are allowed to treat team mates?

Coach has lost the team. I am a huge RR fan....but gotta move on. Reminds me of the Danny N situation with players revolting

ADVERTISEMENT