ADVERTISEMENT

Revelle placed on administrative leave...

Sounds like another Connie Yori situation. Complaints from players about her.

Sorry to hear this. A long-time successful coach, was in athletic administration for a year or so too. Good news is the asst coach is good and capable of taking over.

She’s kinda been on the down slide lately but instead of complaining why don’t the players just transfer

this is todays society, if you don't get your way call mommy and daddy and have them complain to the athletic department. grow the f..k up and deal with it. she has been there for a long time and now somebody is bitching about her, sad situation all the way around.

this is todays society, if you don't get your way call mommy and daddy and have them complain to the athletic department. grow the f..k up and deal with it. she has been there for a long time and now somebody is bitching about her, sad situation all the way around.

I don't know what the details are and I personally would not make this statement without some, but there is something to this in general.

Seems like more and more younger people just think they should get what they want, yesterday, and if they don't get the answer they want then they are being wronged and complain, a lot. It feels like society is teaching people that if your feelings are hurt, the person who hurt them head's should roll.

Not sure if this is student's complaining or if she did something wrong. However, I went to three softball games this year and you have never seen such a lifeless team. Regardless of the outcome of this, Moos needs to make one of his hires here as well. When you get crushed by Drake in a double-header you know you have problems. This is a Joe Paterno/Bobby Bowden situation. Some people don't know when its time to go, so someone has to tell them its time and usher them out the door.

Reactions: Baxter48
Worked in college athletics for over 10 years, and it never ceased to amaze me how many complaints we'd get from parents over VERY minor things, even stats and which player we used in a story on the website for a game. Considering she brought in a bunch of transfers after the season, I am guessing a few people know that they won't be playing anymore so they are elevating complaints to try to get her removed.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
I have no direct knowledge of the situation. But any investigation and being placed on leave is not going to turn out well. Hands are tied. Even if admin finds not enough wrong doing to terminate.....coach has lost the team. Would be hard to move forward. And, the last 3 seasons have been a struggle.

Rhonda has a reputation for high character and is well respected amongst coaching peers. Admin thought so highly of her a few years back they brought her on as an administrator. She has the most wins of any Husker coach. She has been here 27 years.....played here.

If she needs to move on....I trust Moos in that decision. But it would be sad, after all she has given, for this situation to punctuate her career here.

She’s kinda been on the down slide lately but instead of complaining why don’t the players just transfer

I don’t know who is complaining, it may not even be a softball player considering she is working in Admin as well. Heck it may not even be a player complaint. All the press release says is that the university takes seriously any concerns raised regarding their student athletes. It could be anyone that works in or around the softball program voicing a concern about any number of things that affect the softball players or other athletes.

I just have a problem, generally speaking, with telling the player to leave instead of following proper channels in the complaint process. What does that solve. If the coach is doing something illegal or inappropriate they should be held accountable, just like the player is when they do something wrong.. If you find out the CFO of your company is cooking the books, do you just quit and leave? If your boss is sexually harassing a female employee, do you quit and leave.

Just because she has been there for 35 years, doesn’t mean she didn’t do something wrong.

Danny Nee also worked for a long time and then had this same issue. Does anyone doubt that the complaints were accurate?

Does Moos seem like the AD who would put someone on leave if a few players or parents complain about minor stuff?

I would say if Moos did this he has sufficient cause. I am not going to say the person in question is guilty or innocent but can we trust the AD and his process and let the investigation play out before rushing to a conclusion either way?

I have no clue what she is being accused of. But there are some big time national coaches who seem to have her back. This could get ugly.

I agree. I am sick of this crap, not everything is going to come up roses, some things hurt, some things take blood sweat and tears. Not everyone can be number 1.

From the Journal. "Tuesday's statement did not provide details in regard to concerns by student-athletes. Two sources noted several practices this spring approaching four hours in length, though it is unclear if that led to this week's chain of events."

I don’t know who is complaining, it may not even be a softball player considering she is working in Admin as well. Heck it may not even be a player complaint. All the press release says is that the university takes seriously any concerns raised regarding their student athletes. It could be anyone that works in or around the softball program voicing a concern about any number of things that affect the softball players or other athletes.

I just have a problem, generally speaking, with telling the player to leave instead of following proper channels in the complaint process. What does that solve. If the coach is doing something illegal or inappropriate they should be held accountable, just like the player is when they do something wrong.. If you find out the CFO of your company is cooking the books, do you just quit and leave? If your boss is sexually harassing a female employee, do you quit and leave.

Just because she has been there for 35 years, doesn’t mean she didn’t do something wrong.

Omaha World-Herald says concerns lodged by players:

I've seen nothing but positive things about her from former players and fellow coaches - but sometimes losing can change a coach. Revelle had pretty much nothing but success for her first 20 years here. The last 3 years have been bad, and she may have taken her frustrations out on a few players. It's easy to be nice when you're winning, but some don't know how to cope well with failure.

It sounds like there were complaints of overly-long practice times (4 hours) this year. That could be an NCAA violation as you are only allowed so many hours of practice per week, so that might be why they have to investigate.

I recall reading, on this board, comparisons to Mike Anderson a decade ago as far as treating some players like garbage. So I don't think this is new/recent.

Omaha World-Herald says concerns lodged by players:

I've seen nothing but positive things about her from former players and fellow coaches - but sometimes losing can change a coach. Revelle had pretty much nothing but success for her first 20 years here. The last 3 years have been bad, and she may have taken her frustrations out on a few players. It's easy to be nice when you're winning, but some don't know how to cope well with failure.

It sounds like there were complaints of overly-long practice times (4 hours) this year. That could be an NCAA violation as you are only allowed so many hours of practice per week, so that might be why they have to investigate.

Ok players lodged complaints. There has to be more to the complaints than what is in that article because no one is being put on administrative leave for going long at practice. There would not be a single coach working in the NCAA if that was the case.

Well... maybe if you had daughters and granddaughters that are athletes and they play/follow women's sports you might care. Seems to me that your option is to not read a thread that involves women's sports.

Yeah I'm not so sure bout this..I know I'm supposed to care, but take my daughter for instance...she danced her entire childhood, I know I'm supposed to like it if she does it, but if I'm being honest it was effing brutal to watch...and her teacher always scheduled their recitals on fathers day. Seriously?? Father Day?? You're killing me Smalls.

everybody talking about how longs she's been here and how successful she's been.....reminder, Sanduski was a long time successful coach as well. let the situation play out and let moos do his job.

Well... maybe if you had daughters and granddaughters that are athletes and they play/follow women's sports you might care. Seems to me that your option is to not read a thread that involves women's sports.
Nah, I think he is right. I mean, you might follow female sports but it sounds like you follow them BECAUSE your have family that plays it/follows it.

That is like a dude that becomes a vegan because his wife becomes one...you do it but you aren't really into it.

I would guess that even on this site, dedicated to Husker fans...that less than 15 of us have ever gone to a Husker softball game because WE wanted to go.

And that is okay...it isn't a bad thing. Shoot, I coached wrestling and got invited to Husker and Mav wrestling shit all the time and never went, it bored me.

Nah, I think he is right. I mean, you might follow female sports but it sounds like you follow them BECAUSE your have family that plays it/follows it.

That is like a dude that becomes a vegan because his wife becomes one...you do it but you aren't really into it.

I would guess that even on this site, dedicated to Husker fans...that less than 15 of us have ever gone to a Husker softball game because WE wanted to go.

And that is okay...it isn't a bad thing. Shoot, I coached wrestling and got invited to Husker and Mav wrestling shit all the time and never went, it bored me.

Seriously, you get on to

Seriously... you guys just don't get it. First, you get on a thread that said Rhonda Revelle is on paid administrative leave, and then, it's as if your surprised the topic is women's softball. If you don't like women's softball, this is probably not your favorite subject, but, it might be somebody elses... Dude!

If I seem like the kind of guy who's interested in his family and what they do, you're right. My daughter played sports and I cared, my grandkids play sports and I care!!! If you don't care about that stuff... that's not my problem.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Interesting take... it could be that the new generation expects more from their elders. The days of “I have seniority so I’m good at my job and deal with anything I do” are over. Thank God.... I have been patient enough over the years with inept leaders that were put in place because they had been there a long time or because they were capable once. If speaking up is complaining, then complain away. It also could be the older generation actually having to do show competence which is probably threatening.

ADVERTISEMENT