ADVERTISEMENT

Revelle placed on administrative leave...

The debate here is pretty pointless because nobody really knows the facts. I can't judge either the coach or the players that complained without knowing the facts. Let Moos figure it out. That's why he gets the big bucks.

The neighbor's daughter is on team...neighbor knew this was coming a few months ago. Said this year's senior class couldn't graduate fast enough.

I'm going to pick him a little more for info.

Omaha World-Herald says concerns lodged by players:

It sounds like there were complaints of overly-long practice times (4 hours) this year.
Nobody complained to the A&M administration when Paul Bryant took the team to Junction, Texas and had 8-hour practices in the 100-degree heat with no water breaks on a dirt field filled with Goat's Heads. Coach Bryant had a stack of bus tickets on his desk and if a player didn't like the situation, he just grabbed a bus ticket and boogied.

Nobody complained to the A&M administration when Paul Bryant took the team to Junction, Texas and had 8-hour practices in the 100-degree heat with no water breaks on a dirt field filled with Goat's Heads. Coach Bryant had a stack of bus tickets on his desk and if a player didn't like the situation, he just grabbed a bus ticket and boogied.
You mean back in the era when smoking was considered healthy?

Yeah, times change.

Seriously, you get on to

Seriously... you guys just don't get it. First, you get on a thread that said Rhonda Revelle is on paid administrative leave, and then, it's as if your surprised the topic is women's softball. If you don't like women's softball, this is probably not your favorite subject, but, it might be somebody elses... Dude!

If I seem like the kind of guy who's interested in his family and what they do, you're right. My daughter played sports and I cared, my grandkids play sports and I care!!! If you don't care about that stuff... that's not my problem.
Sooo...how many softball games have attended since your daughter stopped playing?

Ah yes, back when no water made you tougher. Aint science and learning things grand?

That team went 1-9!

I've never understood why they celebrate that. It would be like if Danny LaRusso after all that wax on, wax off bullshit lost to to some chump in the first round of the 1984 All Valley Karate Championship. Why should we care about the preparation if the end result is pure shit?

A&M is closer to a cult than a college

buncha ring-wearing whack jobs

From the Journal. "Tuesday's statement did not provide details in regard to concerns by student-athletes. Two sources noted several practices this spring approaching four hours in length, though it is unclear if that led to this week's chain of events."
Four hour practice? Well . . . it is softball, so mostly standing around. LOL. I think I could hack 4 hours of that. Do they ever do double headers in softball?

The debate here is pretty pointless because nobody really knows the facts. I can't judge either the coach or the players that complained without knowing the facts. Let Moos figure it out. That's why he gets the big bucks.
Winner winner chicken dinner

Reactions: Baxter48
Four hour practice? Well . . . it is softball, so mostly standing around. LOL. I think I could hack 4 hours of that. Do they ever do double headers in softball?
True. And I don't pretend to know their schedule. HOWEVER, if you had to miss a class because of it, that is the only complaint I would have. Granted I believe they all have access to academic help, but if you're a 4.0 student studying physics or law or whatever I get it. Yes, they should be smart enough to make up for that but I think you all know what I mean

You mean back in the era when smoking was considered healthy?

Yeah, times change.
Why do you suppose the same people who were outraged at the tobacco companies for putting forth the notion that smoking was healthy are now the same people who champion marijuana for all and laud the medicinal properties? I can't quite get my arms around that, I mean, at least cigarettes have "activated charcoal filters". When somebody goes to the legal dispensary and twists up a joint, there is no filter, let alone one with charcoal in it.

Yes, times change.

Why do you suppose the same people who were outraged at the tobacco companies for putting forth the notion that smoking was healthy are now the same people who champion marijuana for all and laud the medicinal properties? I can't quite get my arms around that, I mean, at least cigarettes have "activated charcoal filters". When somebody goes to the legal dispensary and twists up a joint, there is no filter, let alone one with charcoal in it.

Yes, times change.
Dropping science like Galileo dropped the orange.

Yes, times change.
Damn, I definitely didn't think of that. Laughing

This is the only time I remember smoking being mentioned as being healthy..

smoking_01.jpg

Yeah, but I don't think they ever mentioned them being healthy. They just mentioned how satisfying they were. Joe Camel was used to lure people onboard, but they didn't make claims that they were good for your health.

No one really knew for sure (although most thought the tobacco companies knew something) until the Surgeon General's Report in '64.

Yeah, but I don't think they ever mentioned them being healthy. They just mentioned how satisfying they were. Joe Camel was used to lure people onboard, but they didn't make claims that they were good for your health.

No one really knew for sure (although most thought the tobacco companies knew something) until the Surgeon General's Report in '64.
Before I posted this pic I looked for, but couldn't find one I remember seeing where Lucille Ball's doctor "prescribed" she smoke Phillip Morris cigarettes because it was healthy for her voice.

When my dad was in WWII the sea rations came in a box with the food, a packet of instant coffee, a small packet of toilet paper, and a 3-pack of Lucky Strikes. My dad always traded his Luckys away because even then people referred to cigarettes as "coffin nails". People may not have known for sure, but people like my dad had a pretty good idea they weren't good for you.

I've seen a lot of tweets from former players, coaches, etc in support of Revelle saying that she is a good coach and a good person. I'm sure she is a good person, but even good people make mistakes and sometimes it may cost them their job because of it. I don't know what is going on here for sure, but when someone is put on administrative leave, that usually isn't good and has gone far enough to warrant the leave. If it is breaking NCAA rules(recruiting violations, practices too long, etc) then I understand too. Didn't Iowa's Vball coach get fired because he gave money to players who were having financial troubles? Could it be something like that?

The fact that there has been no leaks gives the impression that it was not a players being unhappy over something! If players were upset one of them would have broke silence or at least that is the way it has been in the past in most cases! This has stayed quiet for much longer than normal!

I've seen a lot of tweets from former players, coaches, etc in support of Revelle saying that she is a good coach and a good person. I'm sure she is a good person, but even good people make mistakes and sometimes it may cost them their job because of it. I don't know what is going on here for sure, but when someone is put on administrative leave, that usually isn't good and has gone far enough to warrant the leave. If it is breaking NCAA rules(recruiting violations, practices too long, etc) then I understand too. Didn't Iowa's Vball coach get fired because he gave money to players who were having financial troubles? Could it be something like that?
Look at the Dan K. situation that happened this past year in gymnastics. For all accounts, great coach, well respected, had been here long time. I dont believe just because someone has been here a long time, has support, is s good coach etc....means that something didnt happened.

Before I posted this pic I looked for, but couldn't find one I remember seeing where Lucille Ball's doctor "prescribed" she smoke Phillip Morris cigarettes because it was healthy for her voice.

When my dad was in WWII the sea rations came in a box with the food, a packet of instant coffee, a small packet of toilet paper, and a 3-pack of Lucky Strikes. My dad always traded his Luckys away because even then people referred to cigarettes as "coffin nails". People may not have known for sure, but people like my dad had a pretty good idea they weren't good for you.

It's an ongoing joke that when we are having problems with our singing voice, that it's time for some Lucky Strike non - filters and whiskey. At very least, if they don't help, you won't give a sh*t what your voice sounds like.. Smokin

Our God-coach said it when he was hired. You can get on a kid w/o calling them an m-effer. We don't call kids names. I think there is a distinction between angry name-calling and being in control of your words. If a coach making a surgeons salary can't control their words they need to go find a less stressful job. We have all had coaches that lose all respectability the moment they lose control. Locking a kid in a closet, being abusive, vindictive, is all about self-control. All coaches will connect with certain players and have great relationships but they are getting paid ridiculous salaries to manage a team not build alliances and have enemies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT