ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Nebraska football, Matt Rhule have had ‘talks’ about head coach job

It would be a bigger surprise IF Trev DIDN'T have any talks with Rhule. More interesting to me though, is how many coaches (or their agents) did Trev talk with. And who (if any) of those coaches he talked with turned Trev down after initially talking about the job.

I've no doubt we are helping a lot prospective coaches either looking for another job,or a job, or a raise, build up their asking price....what I am really curious about is how many are genuinely interested in us for something besides leverage....and I don't know that answer.

I do find it odd Rhule is in a hurry to coach again so fast. Guy has piles of cash...may as well take a season to kick it and enjoy life.

I've no doubt we are helping a lot prospective coaches either looking for another job,or a job, or a raise, build up their asking price....what I am really curious about is how many are genuinely interested in us for something besides leverage....and I don't know that answer.

I do find it odd Rhule is in a hurry to coach again so fast. Guy has piles of cash...may as well take a season to kick it and enjoy life.
I don't think that's how most elite coaches are wired. They don't know what to do with themselves which is what Trev said he is looking for in a coach.

I’ll be glad when he hires somebody tired of all the top secret info on coaches, when TA walk to the podium and there is guy standing with him I’ll believe it then, the rest is bullshit

Reactions: cornwoman
It would be a bigger surprise IF Trev DIDN'T have any talks with Rhule. More interesting to me though, is how many coaches (or their agents) did Trev talk with. And who (if any) of those coaches he talked with turned Trev down after initially talking about the job.

Lol, some of you folks are just relentless.

Does it really matter if any turned it down? People turn down jobs all the time if it doesn't fit their needs. Doesn't mean they didn't consider it.

Naw, that would ruin it to know who had interest and who turned it down. What would people have to speculate about? By not knowing, people can say so and so was offered and Trev said you have to take Joseph and another coach and they said no and the deal was off or some such version of the truth.

I don't think that's how most elite coaches are wired. They don't know what to do with themselves which is what Trev said he is looking for in a coach.
Bingo. The good ones don’t sit and collect buyouts to try and “stick it” to their former program. The ones you want are hard working grinders who don’t play childish games like that

There's been zero to no flight-tracking during this search and no reports of a NE chartered plane on the tarmac in Fayetteville. 🫤

Does it really matter if any turned it down? People turn down jobs all the time if it doesn't fit their needs. Doesn't mean they didn't consider it.
It doesn’t matter to the delusionals around here. Most refuse to acknowledge that Meyer, Kiffin, etc .. have said they aren’t interested. TA is going to have a real hard time getting Rhule to sign on the dotted line. Right now I see it 50/50 between him and BoB, and BoB ultimately getting the job.

It doesn’t matter to the delusionals around here. Most refuse to acknowledge that Meyer, Kiffin, etc .. have said they aren’t interested. TA is going to have a real hard time getting Rhule to sign on the dotted line. Right now I see it 50/50 between him and BoB, and BoB ultimately getting the job.
Wow, more idiot rhetoric from the king of 30 IQ dolts. Bravo loser, bravo.

Well obviously some people don't care. Fine if they don't. But personally I'd like to know who was being considered so I could get a better feel for the overall thinking involved and the types of coaches Trev was interested in.

Reactions: ssmill777
At this point is either Urban or Rhule.

If you had to choose one, you bet the farm on the former. You fing dump cash on the formers lawn.

Last edited:
At this point is either Urban or Rhule.

If you had to choose one, you bet the farm on the former. You fing dump cash on the formers lawn.

More absolute delusion

0% chance Meyer spends one second more even thinking about nebraska then he does on the underwear he puts on in the mornings
40% Rhule. Proving to be a hard sell to him
50% BoB best bet to end up with the job
10% Patterson

More absolute delusion

0% chance Meyer spends one second more even thinking about nebraska then he does on the underwear he puts on in the mornings
10% Patterson
Shut the f u c k up. I could staple your face between a pig, cow, and a baboons ass and youd still look like a modern day Picasso.

Last edited:
More absolute delusion

10% Patterson
Love how everyone on this board knows nothing except you. Now that there’s smoke, you’ve got it so that when Rhule is hired you can say you knew it all along. Idiot.

More absolute delusion

10% Patterson
Decided to do some research on your posts. A month ago you claimed Rhule would never come to Nebraska because he has much better options. In another post you put it at 10% that he comes to Nebraska.

Now he’s at 40% in your post here. What gives? Seeing the writing on the wall and want to get out in front of it? When he is announced as the coach you can now say he was a close second to BoB in your mind? Take your garbage elsewhere.

Decided to do some research on your posts. A month ago you claimed Rhule would never come to Nebraska because he has much better options. In another post you put it at 10% that he comes to Nebraska.

Now he’s at 40% in your post here. What gives? Seeing the writing on the wall and want to get out in front of it? When he is announced as the coach you can now say he was a close second to BoB in your mind? Take your garbage elsewhere.
He's just some dumb asshole that sits in his parents home being the loser they knew he would grow to be.

Reactions: headcard
More absolute delusion

10% Patterson
What the hell would you or any of your 9 personalities spamming up the board know about anything going on in the program?

Reactions: headcard
FWIW, from what I’ve been told by the fam who are boosters (big Italian family that’s been funneling money into the program for like, 60+ years, hated Frost, etc.), Rhule doesn’t seem to want the job and urban has stepped in but other boosters and a lot of people don’t like him.

I’m not in Nebraska anymore and haven’t been for awhile but I think for certain that this continues to be ever evolving

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT