ADVERTISEMENT

Refs can find their flags....

There is just something wrong here. It happens too often where we seem to get the worst calls from the refs. We could have still won the game, so I'm not laying this loss on the refs (though it is partially on them), but WTF is going on? Why does it seem that for the past 12 years or so it seems that we consistently get the worst from the refs?

Sorry, but the days when you are not allowed to touch the receiver when the ball is in the air are long gone. The defender batted the ball down as the two players collided on a fluttering jump ball. It is not interference.

I am tired of every loss getting blamed on the refs. Nebraska is middle of the pack in penalties called on us, and penalties called on our opponents. The same number of penalties have been called on us and our opponents coming into this game (53) and opponents have been called for more yardage.

Enough with the pointless conspiracy talk and broken record complaining about refs. I would be willing to bet you can't find one losing team's fan board that is not also complaining about refs. It is the least interesting aspect of sport.

Sorry, but the days when you are not allowed to touch the receiver when the ball is in the air are long gone. The defender batted the ball down as the two players collided on a fluttering jump ball. It is not interference.

I am tired of every loss getting blamed on the refs. Nebraska is middle of the pack in penalties called on us, and penalties called on our opponents. The same number of penalties have been called on us and our opponents coming into this game (53) and opponents have been called for more yardage.

Enough with the pointless conspiracy talk and broken record complaining about refs. I would be willing to bet you can't find one losing team's fan board that is not also complaining about refs. It is the least interesting aspect of sport.
Don't be sorry for being wrong.

You have your stuff mixed up, PI is called more now than ever as the game has turned to more offense than defense.

It was a missed call. Betts could have sold it more by stopping.

Your first paragraph is utterly wrong. That qas classic pass interference.

Reactions: headcard
Worst non-call of the day was likely 68 getting on 42 on the Braelen Allen TD run in the 4th Q and basically hugging him.

He is so big, and it is in the middle of the garbage so refs don't see much less call it. 42 was to cover the outside gap that play as the inside 'backer to the motion.

Textbook pass interference. Big Ten officiating strikes again.

Wisconsin sucks.
I dont want this comment to slip through the cracks....an even little bit focused OSU beats those bums by 28 minimum. Wisky, while being the best in our division, also has the lowest ceiling.

Reactions: hephusker
Textbook pass interference. Big Ten officiating strikes again.

Wisconsin sucks.
think about it the refs were never going to call that pi hell they could have tackled betts just before the ball arrives and a no call. Remember our former alumni Barry has the commissioner in his hip pocket. So Barry screws Nebraska again

Shouldn't have been PI, but a hold, no difference a penalty was rightly called.
So it is PI because of where it happened. PI is a weird one because of when it can happen

The call was right...it doesn't matter where the ball ended up because the PI happened before that, if that makes sense.

Now, if the PI happened 10 yards later, they would have waived it off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT