ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking the Wisconsin losses

Dec 21, 2020
Not trolling swear, but we are a dismal 1-8 vs these guys since joining the BiG. Ironically, aside from the top 2, my ranking matches chronological order. Maybe I'm just jaded at this point?

2019: Lost 21-37 at home to #15 Wisconsin. Initial momentum squashed by Cruickshank 89-yard KO return for TD. Fought back lead only to give up 55-yd TD pass. Martinez and Mills both ran hard in this one but those big plays were killer.

2018: Lost 24-41 on road to #16 Wisconsin. Never really in this game. Jonathan Taylor 220 on the ground. Although a freshman Martinez was lights out with 450 passing/rushing, back when we though he would be special. Sigh.

2017: Lost 17-38 at home to #9 Wisconsin. Game started with pick-6 for there LB Orr. Aaron Williams returned favor with pick-6 in 3rd qtr to tie it at 17, but it was the Jonathan Taylor show to grind out 21 unanswered. He finished with 250.

2016: Lost 17-23 OT on road to #11 Wisconsin. Huskers were 7th in the nation, what?! This was heck of a battle. Nathan Gerry led a good defensive effort. Badgers even missed the PAT in OT so Huskers had shot to win with a TD, but Tommy couldn't connect with Stan Mo in the endzone on 4th down. It was a gut-wrencher.

2015: Lost 21-23 at home to NR Wisconsin. Y'all remember the Jano run to take the lead with 3:30 to go. We even then forced a punt! We needed one first down! Naw, not the Huskers. Punt it back and lose on a FG. This ending was gross and in typical fashion.

2014: Lost 24-59 on the road to #22 Wisconsin. Gifted 3 fumbles and up 17-3 before the nightmare set in for #11 Nebraska. Melvin Gordan NCAA record 400+ yards and the final nail in the coffin for Bo.

2011: Lost 17-48 on the road to #7 Wisconsin. Highlighted by College Gameday, #8 Huskers rude welcoming to Big 10 from Russell Wilson and Badgers. Little did we know how bad the conference change would get.

2012: BIG championship game. Nothing more needs to be said.

Reactions: Herbert Husker
The game in '19 was the first game I'd been to, actually thought Nebraska played pretty well and was optimistic about the running game going forward. Drives continually stalled between the 20-25 and the kick return was huge kick in the seeds after some good momentum.

The game in '19 was the first game I'd been to, actually thought Nebraska played pretty well and was optimistic about the running game going forward. Drives continually stalled between the 20-25 and the kick return was huge kick in the seeds after some good momentum.

We racked up a ton of yards running, especially with that backside sweep (“bash”) in that game. Seemed like we had figured some things out. Just a flash in the pan in hindsight.

Reactions: FargoNDHusker
Not trolling swear, but we are a dismal 1-8 vs these guys since joining the BiG. Ironically, aside from the top 2, my ranking matches chronological order. Maybe I'm just jaded at this point?

2019: Lost 21-37 at home to #15 Wisconsin. Initial momentum squashed by Cruickshank 89-yard KO return for TD. Fought back lead only to give up 55-yd TD pass. Martinez and Mills both ran hard in this one but those big plays were killer.

2018: Lost 24-41 on road to #16 Wisconsin. Never really in this game. Jonathan Taylor 220 on the ground. Although a freshman Martinez was lights out with 450 passing/rushing, back when we though he would be special. Sigh.

2017: Lost 17-38 at home to #9 Wisconsin. Game started with pick-6 for there LB Orr. Aaron Williams returned favor with pick-6 in 3rd qtr to tie it at 17, but it was the Jonathan Taylor show to grind out 21 unanswered. He finished with 250.

2016: Lost 17-23 OT on road to #11 Wisconsin. Huskers were 7th in the nation, what?! This was heck of a battle. Nathan Gerry led a good defensive effort. Badgers even missed the PAT in OT so Huskers had shot to win with a TD, but Tommy couldn't connect with Stan Mo in the endzone on 4th down. It was a gut-wrencher.

2015: Lost 21-23 at home to NR Wisconsin. Y'all remember the Jano run to take the lead with 3:30 to go. We even then forced a punt! We needed one first down! Naw, not the Huskers. Punt it back and lose on a FG. This ending was gross and in typical fashion.

2014: Lost 24-59 on the road to #22 Wisconsin. Gifted 3 fumbles and up 17-3 before the nightmare set in for #11 Nebraska. Melvin Gordan NCAA record 400+ yards and the final nail in the coffin for Bo.

2011: Lost 17-48 on the road to #7 Wisconsin. Highlighted by College Gameday, #8 Huskers rude welcoming to Big 10 from Russell Wilson and Badgers. Little did we know how bad the conference change would get.

2012: BIG championship game. Nothing more needs to be said.
Soul Sucker.

We racked up a ton of yards running, especially with that backside sweep (“bash”) in that game. Seemed like we had figured some things out. Just a flash in the pan in hindsight.
That's always been the offense. It's like they dipped their toes in 20 different pools over the last 4 years but refused to jump in.

Reactions: headcard
Left the game feeling really good about Mills and them finally letting the offense work around him and if I'm not mistaken they played Maryland and rolled, really tried to fed Mills against Iowa too and had optimism that 2020 was going to be huge for Mills. Like you said though, flash in the pan. Did feel like the games they really tried to get Mills going were the games the offense got in it's best rhythm. Not sure if he was hurt or what but I thought they did themselves a huge disservice not centering the offense around Mills.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT