ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Tidbits (From Former Player).

Well, I think I am partial to the way Riley is doing things over Anderson's approach. Just my opinion, but could you imagine if by the third practice Riley had told 3 or 4 of the QB's that you just aren't going to get reps. Lot's of mixed views, some might consider that Callahan-esque forcing your system like, even though I would disagree with that. Nice read, interesting to compare the situations.

So you are acquainted with someone who played some football for Nebraska 25 years ago? Sounds like he keeps up with the comments on this board pretty well.

Originally posted by arf_man:

Well, I think I am partial to the way Riley is doing things over Anderson's approach. Just my opinion, but could you imagine if by the third practice Riley had told 3 or 4 of the QB's that you just aren't going to get reps. Lot's of mixed views, some might consider that Callahan-esque forcing your system like, even though I would disagree with that. Nice read, interesting to compare the situations.
I disagree. You cannot have seven quarterbacks trying to get reps especially when virtually none of them have played. I think the bigger issue is how you recruit six quarterbacks and the odds on favorite is an early enrollee frosh in his first week of practice.

I suppose the real question is, is 3 practices enough time to see what your 7 qbs can do? Maybe among the 7 only three really stood out...

Agreed that 7 qbs is a lot to have for a team... It may be time to move one or two to different positions...

Originally posted by timnsun:
I suppose the real question is, is 3 practices enough time to see what your 7 qbs can do? Maybe among the 7 only three really stood out...

Agreed that 7 qbs is a lot to have for a team... It may be time to move one or two to different positions...
Does this mean TA could move to TE, SS, or LB?

Originally posted by WestCoastCornhusker:
Originally posted by timnsun:

Does this mean TA could move to TE, SS, or LB?
Timnsun was talking about Oregon State. However, going from quarterback to linebacker could be a possibility. I remember Donovan Woods (Rashaun's brother) doing this at Okie State. He set a freshman record for passing tds but it became evident that he wasn't going to take them anywhere. They (I think it was Gundy but it may have been Lester) moved him to linebacker and he was a pretty stout backer. He ended up playing in the NFL for a few years...I think he was a Steeler.

Both Woods and Tommy have about the same body type and both are around 6'2 and 225 pounds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT