ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterbacks

TDLaww2020

Walk On
Dec 6, 2017
So ive been thinking about this hard, and i want to know what people think about this.

I think the starter should be Vedral. While i like Martinez, i think he needs a year to fully get back into football (i will catch flak for saying this), Gebbia and O'Brien, i'm not too comfortable with them, while both have run this offense in the past. I like Vedral, because he's had experience under Frost, and almost had the starting job. I think Gebbia will beat out O'Brien (Barely), Martinez will redshirt, and the battle will be between Gebbia and Vedral.

Reactions: 21Husker1984
So ive been thinking about this hard, and i want to know what people think about this.

I think the starter should be Vedral. While i like Martinez, i think he needs a year to fully get back into football (i will catch flak for saying this), Gebbia and O'Brien, i'm not too comfortable with them, while both have run this offense in the past. I like Vedral, because he's had experience under Frost, and almost had the starting job. I think Gebbia will beat out O'Brien (Barely), Martinez will redshirt, and the battle will be between Gebbia and Vedral.

So who is quarterback this year?
As you know vedral is sitting out this season as a transfer

I think genbia will start the season
According to Martinez high school coach he was cleared to play but his dad kept him out
I think Martinez plays and works himself into the starting lineup late in the season
At he end of he day this offense will need a solid athletic quarterback to make it through a full season
I’m not confident gebbia is that guy

Vedral wants to coach
So he will be a very valuable asset to the program
Especially during the transition

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennsyhusker

I’ll bet you whatever amount of money that Vedral won’t see the field this year. Name the amount, I’m in.

So, you want us to start with an NCAA Violation right out of the gate?

I realize this is a message board where opinions are shared and discussed, etc. and the quarterback race will be interesting.

But how do you know any of this? At all? You have no idea what Obrien, Gebbia, Martinez are like as quarterbacks in any system, let alone our current system.

We are already doing the "backup qb is favorite guy on the team" tradition before the starting qb has been picked!!! Only at Nebraska!

Been thinking about this since Dec 6, 2017 as a matter of fact. That was join date, this is first post.

I kid, I kid, post more guy.

What you talking bout Willis?

I believe Gebbia will be hard to unseat barring injury, I'm sold on him as he has an ultra competitive attitude,makes quick snap decisions, a huge arm and has winner written all over him. The S&C will not also improve muscle mass and stamina, but will also improve his speed. As per Carriker, Gebbia runs a 4.59 40 yard dash and his speed should improve! http://www.omaha.com/huskers/carrik...cle_87e3c1a0-124d-5bac-86f5-4b8fbb176ee6.html

Last edited:
When did POB or Gebbia run this offense in the past?

They came from pro style spreads in high school, not spread option attacks..

There is no chance Gebbia runs a 4.59 40. Ameer Abdullah ran a 4.6 at the NFL combine. I'd like to know Carriker's source for this.

Vedra will start as per the OP. His coach abandoned him and took a job with some team whose name I forget, so Vedran will be allowed to play this year.

Vestal will start .... on the practice squad, since he has to sit out this year. My bet is on Gebbia, who is smart, dedicated and more talented than most believe. I don’t see O’Brien fitting Frost’s offense.

Reactions: blackbones
How's this for an idea: Why don't we let the coaches decide who starts at QB.

Gave you your first like old fella. You’re welcome.

Reactions: resdog851
I believe Gebbia will be hard to unseat barring injury, I'm sold on him as he has an ultra competitive attitude,makes quick snap decisions, a huge arm and has winner written all over him. The S&C will not also improve muscle mass and stamina, but will also improve his speed. As per Carriker, Gebbia runs a 4.59 40 yard dash and his speed should improve! http://www.omaha.com/huskers/carrik...cle_87e3c1a0-124d-5bac-86f5-4b8fbb176ee6.html

Oh yeah! Tmart, when healthy, was bloody awesome. Crouch & Tmart had truly unbelievable acceleration. I don't know which one was quicker.....they were both absolutely unreal.

Vestal will start .... on the practice squad, since he has to sit out this year. My bet is on Gebbia, who is smart, dedicated and more talented than most believe. I don’t see O’Brien fitting Frost’s offense.
Check out 1:13, 1:52, and 2:18 in this hudl. Not saying POB will end up with the job. But pointing out he ran a lot in highschool and he isn't exactly Tanner Lee when it comes to running. I posted before that his senior rushing stats and Miltons were very comparable. Milton has more shake and bake, but POB is much bigger and stronger, which might come in handy in the B1G.

Reactions: TribecaHusker

Don't count Tanner Lee out.

Last edited:
Barring an injury, I would bank on Gebbia running this offense next year.
That's what I think as well. The guy will have the plays down and run enough to keep the defense honest. Gebbia will be the most effective distributor to all his new weapons . Vedral will really help all the candidates learning the system. Would be wonderful if Martinez could red shirt and provide a gap between he and Gebbia but time will tell.

Reactions: HuskerDana
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT