ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterback?

MackDaddy87

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2018
Ashland, NE
Think who will Nebraska starter quarterback Adrian Martinez or Andrew Bunch for this Saturday? And will Matt Masker step up as back up if Bunch starter?

Cam Taylor's name was brought up by one of the coaches after Gebbia left as a guy who has some pretty good film from high school. He was being recruited by some other D-1 programs as a QB. My bet is that he's the emergency guy although Mazour at least should know the offensive playbook.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
To actually answer the original question, I will be shocked if Martinez plays Saturday. Not because of inside info, but because even small knee ligament strains make lateral movement very painful and take a while to heal. I'm just hoping for Michigan.

If Tom Brady had the same injury then Tom would play because his style of play can deal with having a brace and his lateral movement might be painful but can be limited and still successful. Amart doesn't even fully know what he is doing physically on the field...he doesn't really know how to take contact and is awkward in collision situations. Throwing a kids with a healing knee into a game, when his primary threat is running, and he still is awkward with contact is a bad idea. And Bunch is better than any backup we have had in a long time.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I would be surprised to see Martinez at all vs. Troy even if he is medically cleared. Long term mental framework will guide the decision. If Martnez does start, to me that will be telling about what the coaches think of Bunch's ability to lead the offense to a win.

I would be surprised to see Martinez at all vs. Troy even if he is medically cleared. Long term mental framework will guide the decision. If Martnez does start, to me that will be telling about what the coaches think of Bunch's ability to lead the offense to a win.

If he’s cleared to play then why wouldn’t he play?

Reactions: otismotis08
If he’s cleared to play then why wouldn’t he play?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it was reported that Martinez did not practice with the team on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. As far as I know, his status right now (within 48 hours of KO), is still "day to day". All of this suggests that he is border-line physically ready to play. In my mind, "medically cleared" and "ready to play" are distinctly different; he might be the former but not the latter. JMHO.

Cam Taylor's name was brought up by one of the coaches after Gebbia left as a guy who has some pretty good film from high school. He was being recruited by some other D-1 programs as a QB. My bet is that he's the emergency guy although Mazour at least should know the offensive playbook.
He was interviewed a few days ago. I liked what he had to say, and how he said it. Not a bad guy to have in an emergency

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT