ADVERTISEMENT

QB Recruit Adrian Martinez had an awesome...

HuskerBorn

Junior
Oct 23, 2009
visit but no commit. Visiting Mizzou next weekend. Will get an in home visit from new Vols coach soon as well.

If he had a awesome visit here, I wonder why he wouldn't cancel his visit to Columbia..
I seen where he already had this visit scheduled but now that Heupel is gone to UCF I wonder what he is thinking.

Can understand why he would want to get back home and here from the new Tennessee Head Coach first.

Sounds like the stars are starting to align on this 4 star to Lincoln. Time to restore the order. Hopefully he cancels visit to mizzou and tells the new Tenn head coach no on an in home visit. Also, sounds like his family was impressed with Frost and staff. Good times ahead.

As always, we need to focus on the kids that show up to campus. Until then, the rest just seems like fluff about high school kids.

I posted this in another thread but I'll post it here as well since this thread is about him. These are some quotes from a Land of 10 article.

“It’s kind of funny how things work out,” Martinez told Land of 10 on Friday. “With them coming to Nebraska, and things playing out the way they have so far. I didn’t really feel like UCF was a good fit for me. I wasn’t really liking that school in that way, but I liked them as a coaching staff. And then they make the move over to Nebraska and, obviously, it’s a little bit different.

“It’s a lot easier to recruit to Nebraska than to UCF.”

Sounds like he like the coaching staff but wasn't sold on UCF itself when they were trying to recruit him down there. That is a good thing for Nebraska.

“I think Nebraska is a national power type school. Being the guy I am, I love college football and the history of it and everything else,” Martinez said. “Nebraska has a strong history and a certain amount of pedigree that comes with it. … Nebraska, as a program, I know they’re as good as it gets.”

He knows that Nebraska is a big time football school and isn't blind to that fact. The Nebraska name does still matter to these kids, we just need to winning part back.

Throughout the season, Martinez kept an eye on Frost at UCF and the type of offense he ran. He’s visualized himself in the offense and it’s a message Frost and Verduzco continue pitching him.

“I feel like I’m a perfect fit for his offense,” Martinez said. “My high school coach actually thinks the same thing. When we watched them, he was just like, ‘This offense is perfect for you.’ I agree with it.”

This here IMO is very promising. It's an offense he thinks is perfect for him, his high school coach agrees with him and now he has Nebraska available to him instead of UCF.

I like our chances with this kid but it sounds like he's going to wait and see what Tennessee has to say when Pruitt visits him. I'm curious to know what Pruitt plans on running at Tennessee, I'm betting it's not a high powered spread option attack.

Tennessee hired the offensive coordinator from USC, so I would think they would run more of a pro-style offense. Perhaps Martinez just wants to hear about their offensive plans first, before he makes a final decision.

With Heupel leaving Mizzou, I'm not sure why he would still be interested in them.

I would prefer a recruit weighs his options, talks to his parents, talks to his HS coach, and selects us (or some other school) all things considered, rather than committing now and standing us up at the alter in February.

I would prefer a recruit weighs his options, talks to his parents, talks to his HS coach, and selects us (or some other school) all things considered, rather than committing now and standing us up at the alter in February.
He's likely signing somewhere on the early December signing date and enrolling in January to be ready for Spring practice. He plans to commit somewhere by the end of this week if things go well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Husker-NJ
He's likely signing somewhere on the early December signing date and enrolling in January to ready for Spring practice. He plans to commit somewhere by the end of this week if things go well.
I would say that phrase alone, "Planning on committing somewhere by the end of this week" would be good news for Nebraska. Considering he's already committed to Tennessee...I dunno why he'd be committing to them if he's already committed?

Reactions: hurricane342000
Committed to TN, kicking the tires on NU until he sees how he fits with TNs new staff.

Strange we're losing out on him to Tennessee or Missouri.
Not sure why you say we're losing out to Tennessee or Missouri. Missouri likely is out of the picture already because Heupel just left. He was committed to Tennessee before their coach got fired and when Riley/Langsdorf of course weren't interested for their system. He had visited UCF and was very interested in the coaches but not so much in the school itself. So now those coaches he liked are at Nebraska and he just visited Lincoln with glowing feedback from that visit. So, if anything, it would seem the odds now favor a flip from Tennessee to Nebraska. We'll see what happens. Probably will know by the end of the week.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
Not sure why you say we're losing out to Tennessee or Missouri. Missouri likely is out of the picture already because Heupel just left. He was committed to Tennessee before their coach got fired and when Riley/Langsdorf of course weren't interested for their system. He had visited UCF and was very interested in the coaches but not so much in the school itself. So now those coaches he liked are at Nebraska and he just visited Lincoln with glowing feedback from that visit. So, if anything, it would seem the odds now favor a flip from Tennessee to Nebraska. We'll see what happens. Probably will know by the end of the week.

Yeah, but he didn't commit.

Yeah, but he didn't commit.

OK, so we just now get in on this kid, he comes for an official visit in short notice and the team he has been committed to is going through coaching changes he is not familiar with not to mention his family. So he should not have even taken any time to think about it, just commit on the spot? How often does that happen? I prefer he take his time and not make a snap decision and then change it later with commit remorse.

Sometimes I just don't get it.

Last edited:
So Frost can't do an in home because of coaching the bowl game for UCF? It better not cost us this kid.

Probably will, at this point going forward Frost will only be remembered what he did at Nebraska, no one will care what he accomplished at UCF. Scott's doing this out of loyalty to those UCF players not what is in his best interest, he doesn't have much upside. Probably the right thing to do morally, but not personally and definitely not in Nebraksa's best interest.

Reactions: WHCSC
Probably will, at this point going forward Frost will only be remembered what he did at Nebraska, no one will care what he accomplished at UCF. Scott's doing this out of loyalty to those UCF players not what is in his best interest, he doesn't have much upside.

I would hope he is smart enough to not let it cost his current team

So Frost can't do an in home because of coaching the bowl game for UCF? It better not cost us this kid.
If you're a recruit who would you rather spend your four years with? A coach that cares about his players or one that leaves and completely abandons them? I think that gesture is worth more than an in-home visit to the smartest recruits. And what more can be said so soon after a weekend visit on campus? On the other hand, there is a lot to cover with a Tennessee in-home like explaining what their offense is going to be under the new coaches.

If Martinez is smart (and he seems to be a student of the game) he'll choose the offense that best suits his abilities.

So if you read the note from Martinez, he says Frost can’t do in Home visit this week but he already has done one... his parents know what Frost offers, they’ve seen what the facilities are, it’s not like Frost is done with this kid.

I don’t think he feels slighted by Frost, even if there isn’t an in home this week.

I guess we let the chips fall where they may.

ADVERTISEMENT