ADVERTISEMENT

QB Recruit Adrian Martinez had an awesome...

Let's see........ Frost just got hired a week ago. Martinez just visited this weekend and wasn't even considering Nebraska until Frost got hired. He's been committed to UT for quite some time.

His not committing during his trip is a failure on the part of Frost and if he doesn't commit to us that will be a huge stain on Frost and show that he shouldn't have coached UCF in their bowl game.

Got it.

I think we should just go ahead and start calling him Frosty the Miracle Worker given the expectations of some.

Let's see........ Frost just got hired a week ago. Martinez just visited this weekend and wasn't even considering Nebraska until Frost got hired. He's been committed to UT for quite some time.

His not committing during his trip is a failure on the part of Frost and if he doesn't commit to us that will be a huge stain on Frost and show that he shouldn't have coached UCF in their bowl game.

Got it.

I think we should just go ahead and start calling him Frosty the Miracle Worker given the expectations of some.

I think you are exaggerating my comment. My concern is that IF the kids wants an in home visit and can't get one because HCSF is coaching anoth schools bowl game and that causes the kid to not come to NU, that it sucks.

Think he would bring a matching pair of Frost jammies?
'Tis the season!
rs_1024x759-170414135801-1024.Ralph-Bunny-A-Christmas-Story.kg.041417.jpg

Reactions: huskerfan1414
So Frost can't do an in home because of coaching the bowl game for UCF? It better not cost us this kid.

Not sure you can be anymore plain in your concern that Frost "better not cost us this kid." Your comment was not exaggerated but the comment itself was.

I think you are exaggerating my comment. My concern is that IF the kids wants an in home visit and can't get one because HCSF is coaching anoth schools bowl game and that causes the kid to not come to NU, that it sucks.

I'm all about hyperbole.

Reactions: WHCSC
So Frost can't do an in home because of coaching the bowl game for UCF? It better not cost us this kid.

Not sure you can be anymore plain in your concern that Frost "better not cost us this kid." Your comment was not exaggerated but the comment itself was.

"Better not" was a poor choice of words. "Would be a real shame if" would have been better. Loosing your #1 target at the most important position on the field because you coached your former team in a bowl would make it a questionable decision IMO.

"Better not" was a poor choice of words. "Would be a real shame if" would have been better. Loosing your #1 target at the most important position on the field because you coached your former team in a bowl would make it a questionable decision IMO.

If he didn’t coach the bowl game then what should he do to pick up this commit?

If he didn’t coach the bowl game then what should he do to pick up this commit?

All this was IF the kid was saying that he wanted a home visit, which he did not say. But IF he did, then that is what he could do. IF

Wrong.
Probably will, at this point going forward Frost will only be remembered what he did at Nebraska, no one will care what he accomplished at UCF. Scott's doing this out of loyalty to those UCF players not what is in his best interest, he doesn't have much upside. Probably the right thing to do morally, but not personally and definitely not in Nebraksa's best interest.

Wrong.

Guys guys guys.... everyone calm down. ELE! Everybody love everybody!

No room for any more board "enforcers", that bus is already full.

Trust Frost. You act like Frost doesn’t think about these concerns -but you do! I am sure they are in constant touch and if they sense a problem they’ll get someone to see him. Maybe he made comments like I’m coming just have to let it play out with the Tennessee coaches!

Last edited:
Can't believe how wrong everyone is on this board...

It is soooo obvious that Frost wants to go to Nebraska and leave UCF on GREAT terms because if he fails at Nebraska, he wants to go right back to UCF to coach out the remainder of his career.

SMH :DWinking

Once again, this board saved the day! If people wouldn’t of been up in arms about the possibility of no coaches making an in-home visit, this concern would not have been communicated to the coaches and no visit would have happened. Now we can breathe much easier, knowing that Frost will bring home this QB recruit. :)

Once again, this board saved the day! If people wouldn’t of been up in arms about the possibility of no coaches making an in-home visit, this concern would not have been communicated to the coaches and no visit would have happened. Now we can breathe much easier, knowing that Frost will bring home this QB recruit. :)

Thanks for your kind words. Just doing whatever I can to help the program.

Thanks for your kind words. Just doing whatever I can to help the program.
From the article in the Local Fresno paper, it sounds like this kid is really torn between us and Tenn. So glad Frost gets the last at bat tonight. Hope he can reel him in. His Hudl film from jr. year is pretty dang impressive.

Reactions: headcard
From the article in the Local Fresno paper, it sounds like this kid is really torn between us and Tenn. So glad Frost gets the last at bat tonight. Hope he can reel him in. His Hudl film from jr. year is pretty dang impressive.
Honestly in this particular case I don't understand why he would have any desire to go to Tennessee now in comparison to Nebraska. There couldn't be a more perfect match of his skills than to the Frost offense. Those are his words, his Dad's words and his high school coaches words. Have no knowledge of what Tennessee will run with it's new staff but I'm sure it's not the Frost offense which has been proven at UCF (and earlier at Oregon).

People are miffed that Frost is coaching the UCF bowl game, but that was likely a condition of him taking the job.
Exactly people need to get over it. It's obvious Frost is committed to coaching his team for the entire season and for him that means the bowl game too. Even if he wouldn't have accepted the job until after the bowl game, it's a lot more important to get the right coach here than one recruiting class is. And Frost is certainly the right coach at this time in our program's history.

Have no knowledge of what Tennessee will run with it's new staff but I'm sure it's not the Frost offense which has been proven at UCF (and earlier at Oregon).

My guess is that Tennessee will run a multiple offense. A jack of all trades, master of none offense that requires a lot to work real well.

If you wanted Frost a month ago, and Frost said he is N but wanted to coach his team in a bowl game...

Let him do what he does.
Damn.
Been saying this since Riley was fired, let Scott do what Scott do

Reactions: c2o
Honestly in this particular case I don't understand why he would have any desire to go to Tennessee now in comparison to Nebraska. There couldn't be a more perfect match of his skills than to the Frost offense. Those are his words, his Dad's words and his high school coaches words. Have no knowledge of what Tennessee will run with it's new staff but I'm sure it's not the Frost offense which has been proven at UCF (and earlier at Oregon).
I don't either, but I know better than to try to climb into an 18-year-old's head. Maybe he met a Vol "hostess" during his visit and hit it off with her. Maybe he met a player he really wants to be friends with. Maybe something in his DNA clicks with touching a rock when entering the stadium or he wants to score TDs in a white and puke-orange checkerboard EZ (actually, I like their school colors). It seems to me he is wrestling between knowing Nebraska is better for his skill set, but something else is drawing him to Rocky Top. That is the idea i get from everything I read.

I don't either, but I know better than to try to climb into an 18-year-old's head. Maybe he met a Vol "hostess" during his visit and hit it off with her. Maybe he met a player he really wants to be friends with. Maybe something in his DNA clicks with touching a rock when entering the stadium or he wants to score TDs in a white and puke-orange checkerboard EZ (actually, I like their school colors). It seems to me he is wrestling between knowing Nebraska is better for his skill set, but something else is drawing him to Rocky Top. That is the idea i get from everything I read.

Does Tennessee have a rock they touch too? I know Clemson touches Howards Rock when thy enter the stadium but I don't know much about the Vol entrance..

Does Tennessee have a rock they touch too? I know Clemson touches Howards Rock when thy enter the stadium but I don't know much about the Vol entrance..
My bad. I looked into it. The Tennessee players run their fingers along a marble wall with letterman's names on it on the way to the field. The Rock I was thinking about is a big boulder on campus people are allowed to paint, sometimes daily. A couple weeks ago somebody painted "Schiano Covered Up Child Rape At Penn State".

My bad. I looked into it. The Tennessee players run their fingers along a marble wall with letterman's names on it on the way to the field. The Rock I was thinking about is a big boulder on campus people are allowed to paint, sometimes daily. A couple weeks ago somebody painted "Schiano Covered Up Child Rape At Penn State".

Ahh yeah, I remember seeing that rock when they painted that..

If you wanted Frost a month ago, and Frost said he is N but wanted to coach his team in a bowl game...

Let him do what he does.
Damn.

Yes, I'll take Frost and be happy even if he didn't start recruiting until Jan.2. Just stating previously that the Martinez QB didn't look likely without a visit to close the deal. Just what it is. Not complaining, just stating what I think is happening.

Didn't Martinez and his family just spend a whole weekend here in Lincoln with the coaches? Not sure why they would need another short visit 2 days later to seal the deal - hopefully it did the trick, but what more was there to discuss?

Yes, I'll take Frost and be happy even if he didn't start recruiting until Jan.2. Just stating previously that the Martinez QB didn't look likely without a visit to close the deal. Just what it is. Not complaining, just stating what I think is happening.
hard to say really - maybe this kid ends up with us because Frost decided to not abandon the UCF players .

I really think the issue is one of what is right rather than what is good for Nebraska - I firmly believe that doing things the right way means success for us in the long term.

The right thing for Frost to do was to coach that bowl game

Didn't Martinez and his family just spend a whole weekend here in Lincoln with the coaches? Not sure why they would need another short visit 2 days later to seal the deal - hopefully it did the trick, but what more was there to discuss?

Only his father was on the visit...gotta get moms to sign off

Has 55 not got ahold of Frost yet to tell him how we don't need California kids, and they are all soft?
This is not the Nebraska Way Scott. Need to get out of California entirely!

b86086c3692ef4181c5de7fa0a9a4e8b.jpg

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT