ADVERTISEMENT

PSU-Iowa

I think Iowa's offense sucks but, they still beat the number 4 team with a very good defense. Hard to judge the hawk offense, if there's been any improvement, based on today's game.

Reactions: CriticalObserver
You got damn lucky today but no way you're the number 2 team in the nation now. That's ok because it's going to make it even sweeter when we bring that BS to a end.
Sometimes better to be lucky than good! Nebraska's defense is much improved! Just can't seem to get over the hump though! Losing is contagious but seems like you are used to it!

Reactions: BigAssTurkeyLeg
Sometimes better to be lucky than good! Nebraska's defense is much improved! Just can't seem to get over the hump though! Losing is contagious but seems like you are used to it!
We do need to figure out how to handle losing as fans. It's been tough for us to deal with.

You have had quite a bit of experience with it. Can you give us any tips on how to cope?

What a shithole school. They rushed the field as the #3 team in the country? Has that ever freaking happened before? Isnt the something unranked teams do when they beat a top 10 team? I guess you cant act like you have been there before if you havent. If this were basketball Iowa would be considered the Cinderella team. How embarrassing to the entire conference that a top 5 team rushes the field after a win. Iowa fans just made the B1G look like a group of 5 conference.

Last edited:
I think Iowa's offense sucks but, they still beat the number 4 team with a very good defense. Hard to judge the hawk offense, if there's been any improvement, based on today's game.
Congrats to the hawks in the win. I will say that they dont win if Clifford doesnt get hurt. I will also say that it was a major cheap shot by PSU to go after Iowas qbs leg after Clifford got hurt.

Also hopefully your DB isnt out for long. That was extremely sad to see.

Congrats to the hawks in the win. I will say that they dont win if Clifford doesnt get hurt. I will also say that it was a major cheap shot by PSU to go after Iowas qbs leg after Clifford got hurt.

Also hopefully your DB isnt out for long. That was extremely sad to see.
Yes if Clifford does not go down, it would of been tough for the Hawks to win. That being said, depth is important. Two years ago Clifford did not start against Iowa, but came in and lead PSU to a victory. So sometimes backups do help, just not in this game. Parker dialed Hawks Defense up and crowd joined in. That was the difference.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
It’s frustrating to go from the performance against Maryland to what we saw yesterday. Even though, Petras’ numbers weren’t bad after his 1-9 start. I don’t know if Iowa would have opened things up earlier if Clifford stays in or not. It seemed like Iowa was almost too calm in their approach once it was obvious the back up was getting eaten alive.

What a shithole school. They rushed the field as the #3 team in the country? Has that ever freaking happened before? Isnt the something unranked teams do when they beat a top 10 team? I guess you cant act like you have been there before if you havent. If this were basketball Iowa would be considered the Cinderella team. How embarrassing to the entire conference that a top 5 team rushes the field after a win. Iowa fans just made the B1G look like a group of 5 conference.
And what will happen when Nebraska finally knocks off a top-10 team at home? It will happen some day, I mean, it has to, right? Shatel or Dirk thought there would be a field rush last night. Alas, not meant to be…

Lol Mr Phillips was a perfect gentleman wait that was when you were winning.
Mr Washington another perfect gentleman you all clambered over.
Is there a saying about stones and glass houses

Thank you for proving my point yet again. In the middle of a massive scandal, involving decades of abuse by your current coaching staff and you want to talk shit like this on another team’s message board. Iowa gonna Iowa.

Yes if Clifford does not go down, it would of been tough for the Hawks to win. That being said, depth is important. Two years ago Clifford did not start against Iowa, but came in and lead PSU to a victory. So sometimes backups do help, just not in this game. Parker dialed Hawks Defense up and crowd joined in. That was the difference.
NU is the only team in the country that can travel with 1 QB.

Old Wives tale I was told as a youngster was you can throw stones in Iowa and never hit anybody of intelligence, so keep chucking them.
You guys literally ignored everything they did and and kept playing with them.
Hay wasn't there also a guy linked to a murder?
Want to get back to your old ways I guess recruiting these guys will help

I'm 59, so after 40 seasons of awesomeness (1962-2001) and 13 seasons of good-not-great football (2002-2014), losing so often still feels odd.

Here's to a kiss-worthy upset on Black Friday!
Started watching in '62. Devaney 101-20-2 and Osborne 255-49. 35 years of winning kinda got us NU fans used to winning.

To say the last 2 decades have been "odd" would be an understatement.

I got on a bus in 1971 to go from Virginia to Nebraska. Sat down across from a young guy, and he says, "where you from?" I said Nebraska. He said, "man you guys really have good football teams."

Took a flight to LA a few years ago, sat down, and the dude says, "where you from?" I said "Nebraska". He said, "man, your football team really sucks these days."

I agreed.

Started watching in '62. Devaney 101-20-2 and Osborne 255-49. 35 years of winning kinda got us NU fans used to winning.

I got on a bus in 1971 to go from Virginia to Nebraska. Sat down across from a young guy, and he says, "where you from?" I said Nebraska. He said, "man you guys really have good football teams."

Took a flight to LA a few years ago, sat down, and the dude says, "where you from?" I said "Nebraska". He said, "man, your football team really sucks these days."

I agreed.

Cool story grandpa Boomer.

Did you have anything to do with the success of either other than being a fan on a bus or a plane?

Reactions: Flick2.0

I agreed.
If I had $100 for every Iowa Citian who has said to me, "Oh, how the mighty have fallen," I'd be able to retire. As it is, I just need to leave Iowa ASAP.

Don’t you Iowa fans have some injured players to boo?

Hilarious reading the PSU boards today, repeatedly calling your fan base out for yesterday’s classless display and your posters for being the most delusional and approval-seeking of anyone in the conference. Nice to see your true colors being exposed.

Lol Mr Phillips was a perfect gentleman wait that was when you were winning.
Mr Washington another perfect gentleman you all clambered over.
Is there a saying about stones and glass houses
If you Iowa folks wanna play the big boys, you better get yourself some of those type characters. If not, those type characters on other teams are gonna beat your ass to a pulp.

We learned the hard way from Oklahoma and Miami.

Cool story grandpa Boomer.

Did you have anything to do with the success of either other than being a fan on a bus or a plane?
I made the same level of contribution as you and I are having on a message board, or did you play on that '70 team?

If you did, I was at the Oregon game when Dan Fouts was QB, and Bobby Moore aka Ahmad Rashad was the RB.
I go back a way.

By the way, don't call me Boomer, please. I was stationed in Oklahoma for 2 years during 1972 and 1973 and NU lost twice. It still haunts me.

As far as calling me grandpa, that's great-grandpa to you sonny.

So we not allowed to actually talk a little past history on this site?

Now if you don't mind, it's time for my warm milk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT