Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2021
Based on on-field results only:

1. SEC
2. Big 12
4. (tie) B1G/Pac 12
5. ACC

don't shoot the messenger. facts are facts. B1G and ACC only conferences with losing records vs SEC this bowl season.

of note: AAC (both teams joining Big 12) went 2-1 vs the SEC

Last edited:

1. SEC
2. Big 12
4. (tie) B1G/Pac 12
5. ACC

don't shoot the messenger. facts are facts.
Since 2014 the BIG is 13 - 10 against the Big 12 7-3 since 2018

So how does your on field results only make any sense?

Since 2014 the BIG is 13 - 10 against the Big 12 7-3 since 2018

So how does your on field results only make any sense?
this is 2021 season only. I would like to see a historical power rankings, too, though! great idea!

1. SEC
2. Big 12
4. (tie) B1G/Pac 12
5. ACC

don't shoot the messenger. facts are facts. B1G and ACC only conferences with losing records vs SEC this bowl season.

of note: AAC (both teams joining Big 12) went 2-0.
I wouldn’t put Rutgers in the lost column since they were asked to fill in with a weeks notice so the B1G was 6-3..

Last edited:
The BIG is 3-1 this season against the big 12 with the lone loss being Nebraska against Oklahoma..
Aug/Sept losses more than made up for by huge New Years Day wins over top 10 opponents

minnesota's boring win over west va in their bowl game didn't move the needle much

1. SEC
2. Big 12
4. (tie) B1G/Pac 12
5. ACC

of note: AAC (both teams joining Big 12) went 2-0.
AAC also went 2-1.. Cincinnati lost.. Also BYU lost to the highly Touted UAB blazers..

Reactions: king_kong_
I wouldn’t put Rutgers in the last column since they were asked to fill in with a weeks notice so the B1G was 6-3..
B1G's best bowl win was a miracle comeback over a 10-4 Pac 12 team. accrued a bunch of pre-Dec 31st wins over .500 teams. very disappointing bowl season for the B1G hurt their rankings a lot.

Big 12 had several great bowl wins over highly ranked opponents.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Aug/Sept losses more than made up for by huge New Years Day wins over top 10 opponents

minnesota's boring win over west va in their bowl game didn't move the needle much
So you're back tracking now? You can't include Oklahoma in that argument if you think you can add the AAC teams lol Neither of their wins were HUGE.. Ole miss QB went down with an injury in the 1st qtr

B1G's best bowl win was a miracle comeback over a 10-4 Pac 12 team. accrued a bunch of pre-Dec 31st wins over .500 teams. very disappointing bowl season for the B1G hurt their rankings a lot.

Lol... Their only wins over highly ranked opponents were Notre Dame and Ole Miss.. Idk how you quantify that as several

So you're back tracking now? You can't include Oklahoma in that argument if you think you can add the AAC teams lol Neither of their wins were HUGE.. Ole miss QB went down with an injury in the 1st qtr
AAC teams are not included in Big 12 ranking. Just an interesting note that both their wins over the SEC were by programs set to move to the Big 12.

OU & their trouncing of Oregon is included in Big 12 rankings, not SEC.

Cincinnati lost to Alabama lol 2-1**
that's right! left that one out.

Cincinnati lost to Bama, but had a much better showing than the B1G champs did against the SEC runner-up.

if the AAC qualified as P5, they'd have a pretty good argument for T-4th or even 3rd. Definitely better than the ACC.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Trying to square this with “on field results only”.

it was boring but it was an on the field result you seem to be discounting
should I not be discounting an ugly 12-point win over a 6-7 team? Minn won 9 games this year. should've been a blowout.

All three losses to the SEC the B1G were underdogs…

Just saying.. The Orange bowl loss hurt the most..

All three losses to the SEC the B1G were underdogs…

Just saying.. The Orange bowl loss hurt the most..
great point! the point spread was heavily weighted in the Power Rankings.

Big 12 went 3-0 against the spread vs the SEC, including two underdog outright winners and a more than two-touchdown cover last night.

B1G went 1-2-1 ATS vs the SEC, with its only win an underdog outright (hat tip to the refs I mean purdue!). iowa pushed in their hilarious loss to UK & 2 B1G castoffs.

best individual performances by a B1G athlete in bowl season:

1. Jaxon Smith-Njigba (OSU)
2. Marvin Harrison, Jr. (OSU)
3. CJ Stroud (OSU)
4. Wan'Dale Robinson (once a B1G athlete, always a B1G athlete)
5. Payton Thorne (MSU)

should I not be discounting an ugly 12-point win over a 6-7 team? Minn won 9 games this year. should've been a blowout.
I had Minny at -4.5 so a 12 point win was just fine with me. And no, I don’t think you can say on field results only and then you know discount on field results.

Last edited:
I had Minny at +4.5 so a 12 point win was just fine with me. And no, I don’t think you can say on field results only and then you know discount on field results.
wait - minnesota (2nd in B1G west, 7-2 conference record) were underdogs against a 6-6 (4-5) big 12 team??

wow. might be just enough to bump the B1G into 3rd.

that line tells me Vegas 100% agrees with these power rankings.

Honestly bowl game comparisons are a waste of time and so is betting on them with so many players opting out of bowl games. Took a lot of interest out for me
best bet of bowl season is OVER yardage of longest TD scored in the game

no need for sides/totals, still fun to watch. that bet hit in nearly 70% of bowl games this season. hasn't been under 50% in 3 years!

wait - minnesota (2nd in B1G west, 7-2 conference record) were underdogs against a 6-6 (4-5) big 12 team??

wow. might be just enough to bump the B1G into 3rd.

that line tells me Vegas 100% agrees with these power rankings.
Minnesota was 6-3 in conference, and we were favored in this game. Yeah yeah I know WV isn't a strong opponent like #9 Auburn (who had just beaten Alabama) was when we beat them....but we won.

The Big Ten was 6-3 in the Bowls. The SEC was 5-8.

Power Ranking the B1G's bowl wins:

1. OSU beating Utah in the Rose Bowl
3. MSU over Pitt (no 1st-round QB, no OC) in the Peach Bowl
4. The Refs over Tenn (156 penalty yards, just a monster performance by the stripes) in the Music City Bowl
5. Minnesota over West Va (6-6, apparently were favored?) in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl

another successful bowl season for the mighty B1G!

great point! the point spread was heavily weighted in the Power Rankings.

Big 12 went 3-0 against the spread vs the SEC, including two underdog outright winners and a more than two-touchdown cover last night.

B1G went 1-2-1 ATS vs the SEC, with its only win an underdog outright (hat tip to the refs I mean purdue!). iowa pushed in their hilarious loss to UK & 2 B1G castoffs.
If you are going to give the refs a hat tip, I think you have to give Tennessee coaches piss poor game management a hat tip as well.

Then ignore the penalty on Tennessee that still would have prevented a TD and then assume Purdue wouldn't have tied the game had Tennessee scored after taking a penalty on 4th down. Which may have led to a FG, meaning a Purdue TD still would have won it.

If you are going to give the refs a hat tip, I think you have to give Tennessee coaches piss poor game management a hat tip as well.

Then ignore the penalty on Tennessee that still would have prevented a TD and then assume Purdue wouldn't have tied the game had Tennessee scored after taking a penalty on 4th down. Which may have led to a FG, meaning a Purdue TD still would have won it.
yes, great call. Tenn coaching staff was terrible! no adjustments, awful in redzone.

frankly, without ohiost's win, purdue's was probably the B1G's best.

Reactions: BoilerN
yes, great call. Tenn coaching staff was terrible! no adjustments, awful in redzone.

frankly, without ohiost's win, purdue's was probably the B1G's best.
They chased points a ton in that game. I didn't really understand. If O'Connell was playing good, maybe I'd understand more, but O'Connell wasn't playing well and Purdue's best WR could barely walk.

Power Ranking the B1G's bowl wins:

1. OSU beating Utah in the Rose Bowl
3. MSU over Pitt (no 1st-round QB, no OC) in the Peach Bowl
4. The Refs over Tenn (156 penalty yards, just a monster performance by the stripes) in the Music City Bowl
5. Minnesota over West Va (6-6, apparently were favored?) in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl

another successful bowl season for the mighty B1G!
There's no need to do a ranking of all the SEC's bowl losses with the excuses listed. It would take too long to read.

Last edited:
Reactions: baseball31ne
Honestly bowl game comparisons are a waste of time and so is betting on them with so many players opting out of bowl games. Took a lot of interest out for me
Between opting out and covid, some teams were barely able to have enough for the payday scrimmage. As we know, some even decided they couldn't play at all.

1. SEC
2. Big 12
4. (tie) B1G/Pac 12
5. ACC

of note: AAC (both teams joining Big 12) went 2-1 vs the SEC
So what’s actionable about this?

What are we supposed to do with this?

We already know this hierarchy is your opinion. Thats fine, but whats the point of constantly bringing it up? Why the obsession?

Maybe the goal is that you simply want to start fights on a message board because you think its fun. If so just let it be known.

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
So what’s actionable about this?

What are we supposed to do with this?

We already know this hierarchy is your opinion. Thats fine, but whats the point of constantly bringing it up? Why the obsession?

Maybe the goal is that you simply want to start fights on a message board because you think its fun. If so just let it be known.
Hmm....if I owned Rivals....I'd create an account on each big site to stir everyone up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT