ADVERTISEMENT

Postgame PC

Husker.Wed.

Athletic Director
Feb 13, 2004
Omaha Metro
Rhule’s PC made me sick. More of the same - we were close and we will get better. We almost won despite our mistakes, blah, blah…

Up to this point Rhule has done everything possible to make us believe he understands our fans. But that upbeat PC fell short of what many of us wanted to hear because there was no contrition that the game was an absolute $h#$show, nor did Rhule point the thumb in my opinion.

How about? "I promised we would run – we didn’t or couldn't when we needed to. I promised we would win the 4th Q – we didn’t because of my decisions. I promised we wouldn’t beat ourselves including penalties - but we did. I promised we would take care of the ball – but we didn’t. I have a $72 million contract, I let the State of Nebraska and all the fans across the country and at the game down, and I’m deeply sorry."

I can't see NU making a jump until the HC, coaches and players actually are angry about losing. Say what you want about Bo, but that guy hated losing and he showed it.

This was just another in a long line of adequate-good defensive efforts ruined by an offense that commits jr high mistakes, does not use obvious assets (e.g. TEs), goes away from what is working, and refuses to make changes when needed.

Loop Waiting GIF

Rhule’s PC made me sick. More of the same - we were close and we will get better. We almost won despite our mistakes, blah, blah…

Up to this point Rhule has done everything possible to make us believe he understands our fans. But that upbeat PC fell short of what many of us wanted to hear because there was no contrition that the game was an absolute $h#$show, nor did Rhule point the thumb in my opinion.

How about? "I promised we would run – we didn’t or couldn't when we needed to. I promised we would win the 4th Q – we didn’t because of my decisions. I promised we wouldn’t beat ourselves including penalties - but we did. I promised we would take care of the ball – but we didn’t. I have a $72 million contract, I let the State of Nebraska and all the fans across the country and at the game down, and I’m deeply sorry."

I can't see NU making a jump until the HC, coaches and players actually are angry about losing. Say what you want about Bo, but that guy hated losing and he showed it.

This was just another in a long line of adequate-good defensive efforts ruined by an offense that commits jr high mistakes, does not use obvious assets (e.g. TEs), goes away from what is working, and refuses to make changes when needed.
I think you watched a different PC than I did. I think he handled it quite well.

I won't watch the press conference. If Rhule can't figure out he needs to run the ball 80 percent of the time, we won't go to a bowl and we won't build on anything.

Would not gloat about the D. They were good but they got gashed on the 4th and whatever for the TD and let the runner get into FG range on the last run. Do you think that the Buckeyes, Penn State etc. would allow that? That would be a desperation throw. I actually expected it would be complete. D will get gashed next week IMO...Minny actually sucks on offense so I would not get too giddy.

Maybe wait another day and rewatched the PC. Certainly wasn't upbeat, but it almost sounds like you were hoping Rhule would throw a tantrum after his first game... no thanks.

Looking forward to improvements next week. A lot of season left and a lot of potential wins out there.

Would not gloat about the D. They were good but they got gashed on the 4th and whatever for the TD and let the runner get into FG range on the last run. Do you think that the Buckeyes, Penn State etc. would allow that? That would be a desperation throw. I actually expected it would be complete. D will get gashed next week IMO...Minny actually sucks on offense so I would not get too giddy.
So, 2 plays in the 4th you're talking about.

Well – I see you are probably not a Huskers fan, And also probably a millennial. You don’t mention teams Nebraska cares about, and you want instant gratification. Rhule seems to know what he’s doing, competes with a Solid team his first time out with Nebraska. Wish we could’ve won, but I’m glad-And relieved-that I’m upset we didn’t Win a game we should have won, Instead of consoling myself that at least we didn’t get blown out, or that We didn’t lose by more than one score, or any of the other things that we have felt the last five years

Why is the D getting gashed next week?

Reactions: Laner2
I know the OP has what he thinks the coach should say in mind, but come on, how often does that happen after the first stinking game?

The guy who could do no wrong has showed he isn’t perfect, but now he can do no right?

Talk about extremes…

Well – I see you are probably not a Huskers fan, And also probably a millennial. You don’t mention teams Nebraska cares about, and you want instant gratification. Rhule seems to know what he’s doing, competes with a Solid team his first time out with Nebraska. Wish we could’ve won, but I’m glad-And relieved-that I’m upset we didn’t Win a game we should have won, Instead of consoling myself that at least we didn’t get blown out, or that We didn’t lose by more than one score, or any of the other things that we have felt the last five years
Wow…another close game apologist. Btw, Frost was losing close games and not getting blown out. Last night’s game was just a Frost flashback. Nothing more. We sucked.

Reactions: Yantzeee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT