ADVERTISEMENT

Positive Thoughts

Oct 7, 2012
Offense:
- We have some playmakers at WR in Toure, Betts and Manning. We are stretching the field so much better than last year. Glad to see Betts and Manning finally get some touches. Frost seems committed to getting them more PT with his post-game comments... Very encouraging.
- Frost also seems to have a newfound commitment to the run game. The last couple games he has really stuck to it instead of the typical abandonment we have seen in the past when we get down. I made a post last week about this, but I really am starting to see some improvement in Frost's in game coaching the last couple weeks.
- Martinez's decision making the last 3 games has been great

Defense:
- No obvious weaknesses that any team has been able to expose
- Luke Reimer is absolutely balling out
- Braxton Clark filled in nicely for CTB
- Chinander called a great game

Our defense is going to keep us in most games. Yes, OU may be a little overrated this year, but they are still very talented. If today was any barometer, we can match up with every team on the schedule and at least be able to compete. Frustrating that we lost another game that easily could have been ours... But it's also somewhat encouraging how we battled.

Now the bad... Special teams and Penalties... No need to re-hash this; its getting to be a broken record. I do think Frost finally sees the light and hires a special teams coach this off-season if he survives. I think Frost is finally starting to figure some things out, and I never felt that way in years 1-3. No expectations for the rest of the year. I see 5 very winnable games still on the schedule, but I also remember how I felt after Illinois...

GBR, let's get a big win next week vs Sparty!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT