ADVERTISEMENT

Pregame attitude

GBR_Atlanta

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 9, 2015
I was pretty fired up when they showed the Nebraska sideline jumping up and going nuts (along with Illinois) before the opening kickoff. Question, what music were they playing? Does NU do that on the sidelines before home games?

I haven’t been back for a game in a couple years, but I’d love to see some up to date music in the stadium. I’m not saying to full Mikey Bo, but damn…can we play something newer than 1975?

Reactions: king_kong_
Not being a modern music fan, especially rap music I can't tell whether the music they play at high volume all during warmups and before the opening KO is "modern", but it is rap music. I bring earplugs it is so loud, which I take out when the game starts since they turn the volume down a bit. There is definetely an attempt to make the atmosphere more appealing to the students.

Not being a modern music fan, especially rap music I can't tell whether the music they play at high volume all during warmups and before the opening KO is "modern", but it is rap music. I bring earplugs it is so loud, which I take out when the game starts since they turn the volume down a bit. There is definetely an attempt to make the atmosphere more appealing to the students.

That’s cool. It’s good to have a balance. I mean the music right before kickoff. Do the players jump around Iike that to “Can You Feel It?” I mean I love the Jackson 5 as much as the next guy. But is it getting a Defense ready to knock heads??

I was pretty fired up when they showed the Nebraska sideline jumping up and going nuts (along with Illinois) before the opening kickoff. Question, what music were they playing? Does NU do that on the sidelines before home games?

I haven’t been back for a game in a couple years, but I’d love to see some up to date music in the stadium. I’m not saying to full Mikey Bo, but damn…can we play something newer than 1975?
They play different stuff - more modern.

I believe we heard similar tracks - Ozzy - crazy train

Wish I could pinpoint some tracks. I always associate NU kicking with Rolling Stones - Start me up

PS. - I'm hearing the same exact music we play at Memorial at other Big10 stadiums. I once thought we were creative, but it's really not.

Seems pretty corporate.

Anyone else upset at this?

Wish I could pinpoint some tracks. I always associate NU kicking with Rolling Stones - Start me up

PS. - I'm hearing the same exact music we play at Memorial at other Big10 stadiums. I once thought we were creative, but it's really not.

Seems pretty corporate.

They could lose Come Running Boys and my feelings wouldn't be hurt.

Reactions: SickOfPractice
They could lose Come Running Boys and my feelings wouldn't be hurt.
I understand your dislike for the track. It's played as an Irish rock ballad when it was uniquely ours.

It was our original fight song. Behm and Allen sing that song and explain how much it meant.

Personally, my disdain is more for the tractor and solidifying stereotypes.

Reactions: Lars72 and nudan92

Seems pretty corporate.

I’d like it if we could hire some trend setters in our Husker Vision/Audio department. But I’m not that upset about cause it’s always been that way. Even back in the Big XII other stadiums would generally play the same stuff as we do. Seems like it’s 80/90% identical music and 20/10% different or unique to that school. That being said I only went to 1 or 2 away games each year and haven’t been to an away game since before the covid season. (Not cause of covid, but cause we suck)

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
Getting rid of 3rd downs would radically change the game. I’m not even sure how that would work…
People that go to games know what I'm talking about. One of the most annoying things in the world to hear some guy screaming it's third down for as long as he can. We used to make fun of K-state for doing stuff like that back in the day. It's sad.

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
People that go to games know what I'm talking about. One of the most annoying things in the world to hear some guy screaming it's third down for as long as he can. We used to make fun of K-state for doing stuff like that back in the day. It's sad.
They celebrated 1st downs because they saw so few of them

Reactions: cubsker

I know exactly what you’re talking about. I’ve had season tickets for 40 years. It was a joke…

I know exactly what you’re talking about. I’ve had season tickets for 40 years. It was a joke…

Maybe you should give up your tickets?

Things change. The stadium is now loud. Not by crowd noise, but needed speakers and constant influence.

It is now a rock show appealing to the masses. You can always sit at home and watch any Husker game on your 75" HDTV.

Maybe you should give up your tickets?

Things change. The stadium is now loud. Not by crowd noise, but needed speakers and constant influence.

It is now a rock show appealing to the masses. You can always sit at home and watch any Husker game on your 75" HDTV.

What in the actual fvck are talking about? Are you stupid or something? Why exactly should I give up my tickets? Cause I’m old and can’t handle the noise 🤣. I’m 47 you dumbfvck, the noise and “rock show” environment doesn’t bother me at all. I love it. Maybe you should give up your tickets cause we don’t need double digit IQ mouth breathers ruining a good atmosphere.

Also… fvck you 🖕🏻 just for good measure.

Last edited:
What in the actual fvck are talking about? Are you stupid or something? Why exactly should I give up my tickets? Cause I’m old and can’t handle the noise 🤣. I’m 47 you dumbfvck, the noise and “rock show” environment doesn’t bother me at all. I love it. Maybe you should give up your tickets cause we don’t need double digit IQ mouth breathers ruining a good atmosphere.

ron burgundy GIF

These posts seem to come up every year. You know your team is bad when you argue over music. Personally I could give a shit. I never did rap and always found it amusing young farm kids getting into it. I don't go to listen to music ( so called) . I don't need to be pumped up and we didn't have it back in the day. We were a great program that played great ball. If we got back to it I doubt anyone would care about what artificial crap they try to introduce.

Reactions: V-Doub
That’s cool. It’s good to have a balance. I mean the music right before kickoff. Do the players jump around Iike that to “Can You Feel It?” I mean I love the Jackson 5 as much as the next guy. But is it getting a Defense ready to knock heads??

Play “bulls on parade”. Rage against the machine. If you can’t get fired up with that there is no hope.

Don't hold back. Let it out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT