ADVERTISEMENT

Portal QB's

Leonard has already committed to ND.

He announced entering the portal and within 4 minutes he had five Crystal Ball picks to ND. LOL

I explained it in the Cam Howard thread.
ND was all set to take Howard, but Leonard notified them he wanted to go there so two nights ago they called Howard & informed him they were going with someone else (Leonard).

i don’t believe that. Purdy is a smart athletic guy with an accurate arm. He made two mistakes against Iowa. That’s it. He knows the offense. His arm is healed. He’s here.
You're right -except he's super injury prone.

If we don't have a decent portal QB next season and our final record is similar to this year's - Rhule is gone. Or should be anyway.

And I like Rhule. But this is the reality if we wanna win.

You're right -except he's super injury prone.

If we don't have a decent portal QB next season and our final record is similar to this year's - Rhule is gone. Or should be anyway.

And I like Rhule. But this is the reality if we wanna win.
Rhule will be here a minimum of 4 years and even then it would have to be catastrophic

If we are unwilling or unable to pony up the going rate for a QB, might as well shut it down.

Because if we ever "develop" a high school QB to be a decent P5 QB, you know what it's going to take to keep him here instead of going to TAMU?

The going rate.

If the plan is to roll with QB's that don't command NIL, we're already set in the QB room.

I could see him telling Sims that he won't be the starting quarterback when the season starts.
That should already be obvious. Needs to tell him that he won't ever see the field unless hell freezes over. Should make it a little more clear.

I don't know.

but our head coach publicly stumped against NIL for our quarterback during the season and our largest collective is being run by a meathead with zero experience succeeding in business.

so, based on that, I suspect he's not.

you're exactly like me

your posts about purdy starting next year and us not landing a portal QB better are literally copy/pasted from my posts earlier in the season about HH

I commend you for it. you're posting what you believe even if it's a hard truth nobody wants to hear.

more can learn from guys like you and me.
Jeezus…get a room

Did we? I saw reports of 87k up to 104k (in which case we got what we payed for). Do you have a link?

I hope i'm wrong. Thought I read it in rhis thread. I hope you are right....and that is what I originally thought to...then I thought I read different..

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Don't believe everything you read on the thread. Highest I've heard before this was 300k but not sure if that's accurate either.

S87LOvE.jpeg

From the recent interview with Rhule he seems content with working with HH and Purdy with the right development as NIL isn’t available for the portal QB we need

• Angry
Reactions: BleedRed78
He seems smarter than that. Duke education and ND education...pretty similar. Duke education and aTm education...not even remotely similar.
aTm has one of the great engineering programs in the country. i know i recruited there for chevron. it's one of chevron's top ten engineering schools.

leonard is headed to notre dame. rumor is that it happened this past weekend. k-state's will howard was negotiating with the irish. they cancelled because they had landed leonard.

this stuff is all arranged for the elites. it's professional sports.

aTm has one of the great engineering programs in the country. i know i recruited there for chevron. it's one of chevron's top ten engineering schools.

leonard is headed to notre dame. rumor is that it happened this past weekend. k-state's will howard was negotiating with the irish. they cancelled because they had landed leonard.

this stuff is all prearranged for the elites. it's professional.

I thought A&M had a great Ag school to, but so did K-State...so toss that out as a requirement.

I will look at that later, and I'm curious if it lists the amounts. But something tells me what most of those guys are making is a pittance compared to what we're talking about for a sought after QB
While I agree the players we currently have who we want to keep should be taken care of, You cant worry about what the other players think about 2 mil for a hired gun for two reasons….
1) The players on the team know we need a quarterback who can win. Theyd welcome a proven qb.
2) those 90 players in 1890 cant get nil elsewhere and they know it. Once they sign on to the collective they are stuck there. Guys making big bucks arent in 1890. So it isnt like they can be mad, they chose to take what they could get instead of hoping on the open market.

If we are unwilling or unable to pony up the going rate for a QB, might as well shut it down.

Because if we ever "develop" a high school QB to be a decent P5 QB, you know what it's going to take to keep him here instead of going to TAMU?

The going rate.

If the plan is to roll with QB's that don't command NIL, we're already set in the QB room.
Totally agree. If this is the case, everyone just accept that we will most likely be a low tier program indefinitely. I mean what are talking about. Why are we in this god awful conference if we aren’t even gonna try and compete. We’ve got to pay up.

ND clearly overpaid for the QB this past season considering the results. Time will tell how it goes second time around.

ND clearly overpaid for the QB this past season considering the results. Time will tell how it goes second time around.
Is it overpaid if it didn’t really cost you anything?
ND has the FUND (Friends of the University of Notre Dame).
Alumni donate to it, & it’s distributed to players based on certain requirements.
So ND didn’t pay for Hartman, FUND did. And that was about $1 million, which is nothing for an endowment of over $20 Billion.
And the ND network set him up with companies & sponsors like Beats by Dre, Under Armour, etc… who paid him another $1 million separately.

And it’s well worth the money paid by others in most ND fans’ opinions.
Would you be upset with possibly 10 wins?

Reactions: BleedRed78
Is it overpaid if it didn’t really cost you anything?
ND has the FUND (Friends of the University of Notre Dame).
Alumni donate to it, & it’s distributed to players based on certain requirements.
So ND didn’t pay for Hartman, FUND did. And that was about $1 million, which is nothing for an endowment of over $20 Billion.
And the ND network set him up with companies & sponsors like Beats by Dre, Under Armour, etc… who paid him another $1 million separately.

And it’s well worth the money paid by others in most ND fans’ opinions.
Would you be upset with possibly 10 wins?
He failed given expectations. Big money requires big results

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT