ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Fitzgerald fired

They will never amount to anything if their field restoration project is only budgeted for $800!
ask should GIF

If you don’t tell a white teammate to cut his hair – it’s a big problem.
As I said in a different post, I do believe it is very wrong to have rules for some and not others, and to tell black players to cut their hair short but not white players.

However, I also think that sexual assault is worse than telling a black man to cut his hair, while most of the wokesters in the big ten don't.

Reactions: king_kong_
The guy that has the most contact with players and a big part of setting the culture is usually the strength and conditioning guy

Sucking and being in the better conference are not related. We sucked all on our own. Our success in the B1G has been set up from the very beginning. We were supposed to be the powerhouse of a weak West.

Ehhhh! Sorry Nebraska. Tell 'em what he's going home with, Johnny! I'll be very happy, Bob! You've won a year's supply of Del Monte mixed vegetables! And thank you for playing B1G West football.

But seriously, it was all there for the taking. Still is. Coach Rhule is doing what should have been done since the firing of Coach Solich. Build the program. You can't just think about one star player changing everything. You have to build a foundation. Now, what does that have to do with a conference? Nothing. Our lack of success is our own undoing. Our conference affiliation has nothing to do with that.

Damn well stated sir! 100% on the money.

Nah. Bad hires have been the downfall, regardless of conference. And getting dominated by Texas led to taking our ball and going to the BIG. I don’t regret the move, just the failures that have followed.

Well stated....I miss watching the Texas Bonghorns like throwing away all my money. I'm damn happy to be far away from them.

Well stated....I miss watching the Texas Bonghorns like throwing away all my money. I'm damn happy to be far away from them.

Yes. This is so much better……. Except way worse in every single imaginable way.

You betcha! Firing Pelini was incredibly stupid.....God help us.
I don't know if you are kidding but I agree.

Bo had the program humming in terms of a floor that was pretty ****ing good. If he was still there, with NIL and more than likely some staff changes/upgrades, NU would be a top 12 playoff team pretty much every year.

Bo had the program humming in terms of a floor that was pretty ****ing good. If he was still there, with NIL and more than likely some staff changes/upgrades, NU would be a top 12 playoff team pretty much every year.
Revisionist history. Sure, and unlike Frost, we beat the teams we were supposed to beat most of the time, but we also got boatraced when it mattered most……and he was an incredible D-bag and an embarrassment. Within a year or 2 we will be where the program was when Bo was at the helm. Hopefully, we will beyond that in both quality of team and how the Big Red goes about it.

Revisionist history. Sure, and unlike Frost, we beat the teams we were supposed to beat most of the time, but we also got boatraced when it mattered most……and he was an incredible D-bag and an embarrassment. Within a year or 2 we will be where the program was when Bo was at the helm. Hopefully, we will beyond that in both quality of team and how the Big Red goes about it.
It is not revisionist it is how it went.

You know why Bo had games that mattered? Because he won a lot.

He was not a D-bag, he is just like all of us. Do you think the coaches like the fans? They don't.

And if you get embarrassed by a coach yelling during a game...that is a "you" problem.

It is not revisionist it is how it went.

You know why Bo had games that mattered? Because he won a lot.

He was not a D-bag, he is just like all of us. Do you think the coaches like the fans? They don't.

And if you get embarrassed by a coach yelling during a game...that is a "you" problem.
Dude tried to torpedo the program on his way out. Met with the team and talked trash like a bitter b!tch. D-bag supreme.

We were an unranked team by the end of Pelini - his 9 wins against weak teams didn't fool the pollsters. - and he was trending downward. That sure wasn't good enough for a coach to survive long term when we were in the Big 8/Big 12 - even Osborne started feeling heat when the program slipped temporarily in 1990/1991 (and it hadn't slipped to the level it was at by the end of Pelini).

We were an unranked team by the end of Pelini - his 9 wins against weak teams didn't fool the pollsters. - and he was trending downward. That sure wasn't good enough for a coach to survive long term when we were in the Big 8/Big 12 - even Osborne started feeling heat when the program slipped temporarily in 1990/1991 (and it hadn't slipped to the level it was at by the end of Pelini).
You can't get to 10 wins without getting to 9.

The weird idea that Bo was hurting the program is just that, weird.

I get it, he did not want to give HJ's to every Husker fan, I get that hurt the feelings of a lot of fans.

Dude tried to torpedo the program on his way out. Met with the team and talked trash like a bitter b!tch. D-bag supreme.
Not true, in his recorded rant he told the players to give the new guy a fair shot but stated Eichorst was a Cuunt and he’d rather work at McDonald’s than for that guy, while also stating, not that there’s anything wrong with working at McDonald’s. Then the meme of Bo working a McDonald’s window came out and was a classic.

Not true, in his recorded rant he told the players to give the new guy a fair shot but stated Eichorst was a Cuunt and he’d rather work at McDonald’s than for that guy, while also stating, not that there’s anything wrong with working at McDonald’s. Then the meme of Bo working a McDonald’s window came out and was a classic.
And Eichhorst was a ****!

Dude was a horrible AD and an amazingly weird hire.

You can't get to 10 wins without getting top 9.

The weird idea that Bo was hurting the program is just that, weird.

I get it, he did not want to give HJ's to every Husker fan, I get that hurt the feelings of a lot of fans.
Right, because sitting in Memorial Stadium and watching Nebraska need a last second miracle to beat a team as anemic and talentless as a Northwestern really should have given me positive vibes about the trajectory of the program.

Right, because sitting in Memorial Stadium and watching Nebraska need a last second miracle to beat a team as anemic and talentless as a Northwestern really should have given me positive vibes about the trajectory of the program.
What about beating OSU and Michigan? Or back to back top 10 teams in Mizzo and Okie State?

What about beating the shit out of OU at night at night?

Look, I get it...but pretending like he sucked and didn't win 9.5 games a year because he didn't give you a HJ is just weird.

Here is what you should say: "I hated his attitude and I hated that he didn't love me as a fan and didn't want to give me a HJ's, BUT he did beat the shit teams and sometimes beat really good teams but also got blown out...but in the end, I would rather have his 9 and 10 wins instead of crap seasons...and I can also give myself HJs"

I can see both sides of the argument. My take is it is a college sport. While the stakes are high and everyone in the administration and Athletic Department need to be super-serious about it, it should also be fun. Fun for the players and fun for the students and us fans. It should also serve to develop young men. The "us against" pick one (fans, AD, administration, conference, media) did not do well to develop young men to function in society. The screaming, rudeness, sullen behavior, pants pissing, etc. was not fun. At least it wasn't for most fans. Whether good or bad, the world has changed. Temper tantrums, foul language, backstabbing your superiors, being a total jerk, etc. is no longer tolerated in most workplaces no matter how good a guy is at what he does (nor is hazing or sexual harassment). I was glad to see Bo go.

I'd like anyone to explain Bo's coaching versus Wisky, jet sweep after jet sweep and not adjusting. Gordon just scored again.
IIRC Will Compton said on bussin with the boys that Bo changed the linebacker assignments the night before a big game. I’m guessing that was the game…,,

Reactions: Laner2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT