ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Fitzgerald fired

It is comforting to know that Fitzgerald's last college win was against NU in Ireland....
I dunno man.. not going to pile on. I get the mob mentality to go overboard, but this seems like a bunch of bs to me.

Just like when some woman accuses a guy of rape, and his career is instantly destroyed, people here are rushing to judgement when we don't know what the facts are.

I'm definitely not a fan of this conference, but it's for the political leanings more than the scandals that seem to go along with it.. there does seem to be some correlation however.

We may have gotten a payday for joining, but we've likely retired the cash cow that made it possible in the first place.

It’s crazy. Every time this stuff happens in this conference, which is pretty dam frequently, someone will mention that the B1G kind of sucks (duh). And it never fails that some Nebraska fan will chime in like “No the big ten is awesome, we suck”.
How Bout Both GIF by Joey Bada$$

Again - quote, please?

I said it’s not free for many Husker fans, just like ppv. Crazy, I know!

And everyone who’s spent any time at all playing Sandhills knows what Indian grass is
You're the only person I've ever seen who can take a universally agreed upon term like PPV and turn it into upgrading a cable package.

And a lot of people don't have to upgrade anything. It comes as part of the basic YouTubeTV package. Throw in all the non-Big 10 cities like Phoenix where it was supposedly added to basic cable package and alot of people are covered.

You must be the only guy in America who thinks ordering a football game like a 1997 boxing event is better then upgrading a TV package and getting access to more channels and getting every NU game anywhere in the world that has internet or cell service. I also call bullshit with you watching games because I had to upgrade just to get games on those weird networks like the fly fishing channel or whatever it was the big 12 put random games on.

You claim to be a man of principal. Just admit BTN is far superior to anything the Big 12 had tv wise and you can stop looking like a fool.

Are we essentially accepting blood money from the BIG much like the LIV golfers and the PGA?

Should Trev, if he had any semblance of a moral compass, reign unless we remove ourselves from this conference?

Are we essentially accepting blood money from the BIG much like the LIV golfers and the PGA?

Should Trev, if he had any semblance of a moral compass, reign unless we remove ourselves from this conference?
Huh? The money mostly comes from FOX. People here hate Disney. Should the SEC give their money back?

It’s crazy. Every time this stuff happens in this conference, which is pretty dam frequently, someone will mention that the B1G kind of sucks (duh). And it never fails that some Nebraska fan will chime in like “No the big ten is awesome, we suck”.
Both have been true for the past several years. Time to clean up our own house.

Both have been true for the past several years. Time to clean up our own house.

True. But all that sucks about the B1G doesn’t just go away, like many are saying. The conference freaking sucks, it did when we were less bad and still will if we can manage to be good again. We are still going to be that red headed step child, in a conference full of creeps, win or lose.

Colorado (where I live, have said multiple times) is a surrounding state and outside the B1G footprint

Kansas, SD, Wyo & MO are also surrounding states outside the B1G footprint
I take it you’ll be at the Colorado game… See you there then..

You're the only person I've ever seen who can take a universally agreed upon term like PPV and turn it into upgrading a cable package.

And a lot of people don't have to upgrade anything. It comes as part of the basic YouTubeTV package. Throw in all the non-Big 10 cities like Phoenix where it was supposedly added to basic cable package and alot of people are covered.

You must be the only guy in America who thinks ordering a football game like a 1997 boxing event is better then upgrading a TV package and getting access to more channels and getting every NU game anywhere in the world that has internet or cell service. I also call bullshit with you watching games because I had to upgrade just to get games on those weird networks like the fly fishing channel or whatever it was the big 12 put random games on.

You claim to be a man of principal. Just admit BTN is far superior to anything the Big 12 had tv wise and you can stop looking like a fool.
You are only arguing with yourself, and you’re doing so awfully early in the morning.

I simply pointed out that it costs some fans money to do all those things.

These are the ramblings of a lunatic

Last edited:
You are only arguing with yourself, and you’re doing so awfully early in the morning.

I simply pointed out that it costs some fans money to do all those things.

These are the ramblings of a lunatic
That's breakfast time for me. I don't lay in bed all day.

True. But all that sucks about the B1G doesn’t just go away, like many are saying. The conference freaking sucks, it did when we were less bad and still will if we can manage to be good again. We are still going to be that red headed step child, in a conference full of creeps, win or lose.
For those that believe moving to the BIG was the downfall of our football program I wonder if they will remember Tom Osborne more for the winning or for dealing the death blow to the program and being complicit in aligning the university with pedophilia and sexual deviancy

For those that believe moving to the BIG was the downfall of our football program I wonder if they will remember Tom Osborne more for the winning or for dealing the death blow to the program and being complicit in aligning the university with pedophilia and sexual deviancy
As time goes on, I am remembering TO in two ways.

1. The best CFB coach ever.
2. The dude that is trying to keep the state in the dark ages.

I think that the reason Nebraska didn't try to get into the SEC was due to the fact that, at the time, the SEC had a policy of only admitting Universities in states bordering existing SEC states. Nebraska didn't share any borders with any SEC states at the time.
Maybe. I couldn't find anything on it, maybe my GoogleFu is not that good though.

I can only dream now that we border an SEC state that someone would do some sniffing.

Reactions: king_kong_
Will be fascinating to watch how this all plays out. Since NW bores the hell out of me in every sport, I shall hope the academic side wins this battle and cements NW as irrelevant for the next decade plus.
Right??!!

Plus, a lot of professors HATE sports (there are a ton that clearly love sports too) but this is such a chance for the sports-haters to really turn the screws.

Will be fascinating to watch how this all plays out. Since NW bores the hell out of me in every sport, I shall hope the academic side wins this battle and cements NW as irrelevant for the next decade plus.
there is no question academia will win and the football despising, hoity toity B1G will be outwardly proud

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Maybe they can rent their practice facility to USC and UCLA so they can stay in the Midwest to play back to back big ten road games without having to travel back to the west coast between games
Screen_Shot_2018_04_10_at_1.36.27_PM.png

Reactions: Redblood23
"There are scandals all the time now that people dig their way out of"

Holy crap. Like it's no big deal. Just another sick sexual pervert party at another big ten school.

Maybe it was all the Nebraska "whining" about wanting to play football that caused all the nonconsensual homo erotic slapping at Northwestern this time.

Nebraska needs to leave before the infection spreads any further west.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT