ADVERTISEMENT

Pat McAfee

RedMyMind

Assistant Head Coach
Aug 22, 2017
What's the appeal?
I don't love him or hate him but I would never watch him voluntarily.
My boss watches him around lunch time and I've caught a decent amount of shows but it just does nothing for me. I think the biggest gripe I have is his voice. The male version of Rosie O'Donnell.

Does ESPN and the like just suck these days?
I'd rather spend time on here or listen to random youtube people.

Last edited:
What's the appeal?
My boss watches him around lunch time and I've caught a decent amount of shows but it just does nothing for me. I think the biggest gripe I have is his voice. The male version of Rosie O'Donnell.

Could not agree more.

What's the appeal?

Most punchable face on TV.

Reactions: MargotDeeper
What's the appeal?

I tried watching his show once, didn’t make it five minutes.

i don't mind him. He's a little over the top at times, but don't mind that. He's definitely polarizing and you either love him or hate him. Right now I prefer him on Gameday to pretty much everyone except Rece Davis.

His FG kicking bit on college gameday for 30K is pretty cool/fun.
The rest of it, he doesn't do much for me. And I am that "bro" type but I don't really get it.

With that said, the atmosphere that College Game Day brings to a campus is still amazing.

Whaddyou mean "Youtube People?"
i5JPRV.gif

I don’t mind him on when he is on his show with his people. On college gameday he tries to hard to steall all the attention. He can bring a lot of energy to that show but all of it isn’t positive.

I know they are trying to find a replacement for Lee Corso but Mcaffee should stick to doing side bits like his kicking challenges and leave the analysis to everyone else on game day

Reactions: BTF69
I don’t mind him on when he is on his show with his people. On college gameday he tries to hard to steall all the attention. He can bring a lot of energy to that show but all of it isn’t positive.

I know they are trying to find a replacement for Lee Corso but Mcaffee should stick to doing side bits like his kicking challenges and leave the analysis to everyone else on game day
Yeah, this is where I am at.

Game Day is what, 2 hours long? He should have like 4-5 segments that last 2-3 minutes, that is about it

And everytime he gets up to stand on the table I’m like “This is how Lee Corso is going to die because Mcaffee is going to slip while standing on the table and fall on him”

I like McAfee for a few reasons:

1. He gets great, unabashed interviews from players and coaches. The only time I’ve ever heard an NIL agent, for instance, speak was on his show. Same with countless players/coaches.

2. Regular guest appearances by hall of famers are awesome. Who wants more corporate suit talking head opinions when you can hear Chuck Pagano, JJ Watt or Aaron Rodgers talk football?

3. He’s a real bet on himself success story. His deal with ESPN is a licensing deal and he still owns 100% of his show during the term and when it’s over. Has made hundreds of millions doing it his way despite the many many haters/losers.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I like McAfee for a few reasons:

1. He gets great, unabashed interviews from players and coaches. The only time I’ve ever heard an NIL agent, for instance, speak was on his show. Same with countless players/coaches.

2. Regular guest appearances by hall of famers are awesome. Who wants more corporate suit talking head opinions when you can hear Chuck Pagano, JJ Watt or Aaron Rodgers talk football?

3. He’s a real bet on himself success story. His deal with ESPN is a licensing deal and he still owns 100% of his show during the term and when it’s over. Has made hundreds of millions doing it his way despite the many many haters/losers.
Kevin Abstract What GIF by BROCKHAMPTON

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT