ADVERTISEMENT

Fitz Is Going To Be Rich

Badger Pete

Walk On
Dec 22, 2013
Dan Webb is the best and most famous lawyer in Illinois. Cats are going to be declawed and will need to back up the Brinks truck to Fitz’ house.

Reactions: Jesseblackshirts43
Dan Webb is the best and most famous lawyer in Illinois. Cats are going to be declawed and will need to back up the Brinks truck to Fitz’ house.

We'll see about that.

OMG, if Fitz hired a famous lawyer he can't possibly lose! Surprised he's not suing for a trillion dollars!

Fitz will end up settling for something less than his full contract. Unless he hires Jackie Childs - then the sky's the limit.

images

Not as big a deal as it might seem. First, likely out of court settlement for less money. Second, not a whole lot different than the huge buy outs of contracts. Third, Northwestern also has all that B1G money as well. Fourth, Fitz is rich already and whether he's coaching or suing he's going to just be richer.

Reactions: ssmill777
Speaking of flaming libs. How have the kiddie drag shows been going? It’s more about the sado masochism element to the reported hazing that I was referring to.
Neither side of the political aisle has a monopoly on bad behavior-The big issue is whether Fitz knew about it, and/or selected players for hazing, and whether someone in NW admin knew about it-but Fitz kept coaching-hard to justify firing for “cause”

I figure you can guess the answers by how quickly it gets settled

I am going to go out on a limb and say that NW had insurance as well. I had insurance on and for my staff just in case someone did something unexpected, malpractice. In that case, lots of extra attorneys get involved.

I would have a difficult time seeing boosters wanting to shell out money for this.

By all accounts prior to this, Fitz was held in pretty high esteem. I believe he will come back sometime after he gets his named cleared. For someone like him, it isn't the money it's getting his named cleared. JMHO

I am going to go out on a limb and say that NW had insurance as well. I had insurance on and for my staff just in case someone did something unexpected, malpractice. In that case, lots of extra attorneys get involved.

I would have a difficult time seeing boosters wanting to shell out money for this.

By all accounts prior to this, Fitz was held in pretty high esteem. I believe he will come back sometime after he gets his named cleared. For someone like him, it isn't the money it's getting his named cleared. JMHO
I had that impression of fitz myself-An alum coach who worked out (Wouldn’t that be nice?)
What do you think about the reports that Fitz was making some kind of signal in practice/games after a freshman screwed up that indicated that that player should be hazed for the screwup?

OMG, if Fitz hired a famous lawyer he can't possibly lose! Surprised he's not suing for a trillion dollars!

Fitz will end up settling for something less than his full contract. Unless he hires Jackie Childs - then the sky's the limit.

images
^^^ dead...

hope not. Butthurt former employees who go straight to litigation fishing for money are amongst the worst humans on earth, IMHO. I'd kick him straight in the balls for this stunt. Shameful.

If Fitz was fired with cause, he isn't entitled to a dime. However, Northwestern and Fitz will probably settle out of court and Fitz will walk away with a few million, but he definitely won't get the full amount of his contract.

....and Fitz will officially never coach anywhere else, ever again...

WHO THE F*CK WOULD HIRE HIM after something like this?
Not sure if you are referring to why he was terminated or for suing. I'm going to say he's likely to be unemployable either way so maybe he's swinging for the fences

Not sure if you are referring to why he was terminated or for suing. I'm going to say he's likely to be unemployable either way so maybe he's swinging for the fences
As an employer, an employee (he was a university Employee) who has a habit of suing their employer for $100M is a just a little bit of a red flag.

I kinda liked and respected Fitz before this. Now I want nothing more for him to be publicly humiliated and become a pariah from football at any level.

Best guess is they settle out of court to avoid a lot of nasty testimony on both sides and embarrassment to the University.

This will probably set back any hopes for a new football stadium for years.

Unless the university has very clear cut, damning and overwhelming evidence against Fitz, this is exactly what will happen. If there’s even a slight crack in the university’s position, they settle out of court for about a 3rd of the $130 million. But to have the university and athletic department drug through the media mud, for many months, and then have to possibly pay the whole $130 mil anyway… They won’t risk that. Fitz is about to be $ 25-40 mil richer.

This is a situation where administrators throwing people under the bus without all of the facts, and assuming that a head coach can control the free will of about 200 people he manages is going to bite them back hard. They will owe him his contract, but they will also pay big for the defamation.

This is a situation where administrators throwing people under the bus without all of the facts, and assuming that a head coach can control the free will of about 200 people he manages is going to bite them back hard. They will owe him his contract, but they will also pay big for the defamation.
Illinois probably not a ‘no fault’ state.

As per usual, the only ppl getting rich here will be POS Scumbag Lawyers. Scourge of our country. Why we’re failing. Lawyers.

Reactions: MargotDeeper
Illinois probably not a ‘no fault’ state.

As per usual, the only ppl getting rich here will be POS Scumbag Lawyers. Scourge of our country. Why we’re failing. Lawyers.
If the lawyers get rich on this one, Fitz will get what they got X2.

If the lawyers get rich on this one, Fitz will get what they got X2.
It’s the principle of what he’s doing. He’ll still be a pariah for filing a suit, as a coach, by any employer. No matter what the profession. Who’d want to hire someone with this nature?

The only viable reason could be aiming retiring to a private beach. Good for him. Would still kick him in his front-butt just outta principle…

Reactions: Dylman
hope not. Butthurt former employees who go straight to litigation fishing for money are amongst the worst humans on earth, IMHO. I'd kick him straight in the balls for this stunt. Shameful.
If I were him I would do the same thing he is doing. It isn't about the money, he isn't going to starve to death but his reputation is on the line and that is invaluable. Consider that NW fired him for cause according to their standard. He has every right to challenge both their findings and their standard of what "just cause" is.

I had that impression of fitz myself-An alum coach who worked out (Wouldn’t that be nice?)
What do you think about the reports that Fitz was making some kind of signal in practice/games after a freshman screwed up that indicated that that player should be hazed for the screwup?
I have not heard that report. If it is true and there is evidence of it, then he is sunk. With all the video that is out there of coaches picking their noses, if he did that and if it was well known, then he is toast. I am always cautious when it comes to "reports" verses evidence.

How many of you have followed the Mel Tucker saga, that is taking a different turn. This COULD be a clear case of the school making a quick decision without all of the evidence. Things like cell phone communications are not easily gathered until it goes full blown legal.

Then you have the situation with Trevor Bauer and the lies the girl told. It cost him millions and he had spend/do that to clear his name by obtaining the evidence. He was originally suspended for 324 days and was cut by the Dodgers over this. Something ain't right. Always believe the women?

As an employer, an employee (he was a university Employee) who has a habit of suing their employer for $100M is a just a little bit of a red flag.

I kinda liked and respected Fitz before this. Now I want nothing more for him to be publicly humiliated and become a pariah from football at any level.
I agree. I thought he was one of the good guys of the b1g. Seemed genuine and never really ticked anybody off. Seemed to do more with less at an institution that really doesn't care that much in a city that really doesn't care about them.

Who knows. The more interesting story will be about Michigan State, and if the contract was legally broken.

Story from The student newspaper – some suggestion by 2 players that Fitz played a role in picking players for hazing-This is the article that caused administration to act-Maybe it’s BS but Then the administration apparently talked to a lot of players:

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT