ADVERTISEMENT

PAC 12 media days

Wow...that comes acres a little conceited. Maybe that is confidence but from my vantage point a B1G invite to some combo of Oregon, Washington and Stanford kills the Pac 12 and the others become very desperate. Any Big 12 school that would go join that would be nuts unless OR, WA & Stan sign some ridiculous GOR like the ACC schools did.

the PAC 12 does have a media rights advantage over the Big 12 in that they (PAC 12) are the only conf that can deliver significant evening content to the networks -- the 9pm Pacific time (8pm Mountain)

the PAC 12 does have a media rights advantage over the Big 12 in that they (PAC 12) are the only conf that can deliver significant evening content to the networks -- the 9pm Pacific time (8pm Mountain)
Maybe...as it currently stands the Pac 12 is in two times zones (Mountain and Pacific) whereas the Big 12 is in 3. Does one have the advantage over the other?

Right now the college landscape is stratifying into 2 top tier conferences (B1G and SEC) and 3 lesser conferences (ACC, Big 12 and PAC). But I think there is only room for 2 lesser conferences with the ACC froze in place now so the Big 12 and PAC either have to duke it out or merge.

Maybe...as it currently stands the Pac 12 is in two times zones (Mountain and Pacific) whereas the Big 12 is in 3. Does one have the advantage over the other?
the big 12 competes with the big ten and SEC in the eastern and central time zones and is clearly getting lapped by those 2 conferences

they will have BYU in the mountain

but a 7 pm kickoff in Provo puts you up against the late night prime time SEC-BIG games and few in the central or eastern time zones - where the majority of the Big 12 resides

Last edited:
Reactions: sandiegohawk
The Power 5 is about to be the Top 2. There just arent that many marquee college football brands left in the other 3 conferences. Everyone is waiting on Notre Dame and the odds are they will be in the B1G. SEC will then gobble up FSU and Miami and BIG probably grabs Stanford and thats probably it. Who is left to take that will move the needle from a $$$ sense? I feel bad for the Oregons Utahs Washingtons UNC Duke and Clemsons of the world because they are going to be up a shit creek without a paddle.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I see oregon/wash, houston/tcu, and nc/miami taking the big to 22 schools.
then the big leaving the door open for a nd/ stanford 24 team league.

fox has told the big commisioner that games like mich vs. gerogia are over..
(nobody gives the big a chance against the sec in the big bowl game anymore)
and that the big has to go to recruiting grounds...like houston, tcu (dallas), miami and nc

wash and oregon are to cover the west coast and give ucla & usc some buddies....
nd for the money and stanford for the geeks..

Reactions: ssmill777
Wow...that comes acres a little conceited. Maybe that is confidence but from my vantage point a B1G invite to some combo of Oregon, Washington and Stanford kills the Pac 12 and the others become very desperate. Any Big 12 school that would go join that would be nuts unless OR, WA & Stan sign some ridiculous GOR like the ACC schools did.
At this stage, you'd be a fool to sign gor contract with the instability.
Plus I think the big dogs left in the pac, are hoping to see a life raft

The Power 5 is about to be the Top 2. There just arent that many marquee college football brands left in the other 3 conferences. Everyone is waiting on Notre Dame and the odds are they will be in the B1G. SEC will then gobble up FSU and Miami and BIG probably grabs Stanford and thats probably it. Who is left to take that will move the needle from a $$$ sense? I feel bad for the Oregons Utahs Washingtons UNC Duke and Clemsons of the world because they are going to be up a shit creek without a paddle.
Clemson will likely be picked up by the SEC.

I see oregon/wash, houston/tcu, and nc/miami taking the big to 22 schools.
then the big leaving the door open for a nd/ stanford 24 team league.

and that the big has to go to recruiting grounds...like houston, tcu (dallas), miami and nc

wash and oregon are to cover the west coast and give ucla & usc some buddies....
nd for the money and stanford for the geeks..
Noone is going to invite houston or tcu.

Noone is going to invite houston or tcu.
acctually thats the first team from the big 12 the pac was looking at.
1.ny 2. la 3. chicago 4. houston on tv market,
the second best recruiting area in the nation,
and they maybe aau bound.

tcu is the dallas area, tv market and recruiting...

they acctually bring more to the table then other teams like oregon and washington...

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
FOX owns a controlling share in the B1G Network following the conference’s decision to not play football in 2020.

I wouldn’t want endless unwatchable blowouts on my network, either.

Keep the B1G teams protected and playing with themselves so morons like you will still believe the illusion the B1G is worth even a fraction what FOX pays itself to air it.

it’s just good business

The Big Ten went 6-3 in the Bowls. The SEC went 5-8.
The SEC teams were playing 2 bowls higher than their usual seeding because they had 2 teams in the playoffs.

their top 2 teams played for the national title after destroying their opponents in the semifinal games

conf strength is determined by top end teams. Only losers cite wins by the middle of the road conf teams - no one gives a crap that your 5th place team beat a 5th place team from another conf

If they're as dominant top-to-bottom as some say...having an extra team in the Playoff shouldn't mess them up for the rest of the Bowls.
The only thing that matters is the top end teams. I don’t give a crap if Purdue beats Tennessee - excellence is determined by your top 1 or 2 teams.

no one gives a crap that your 6th best team is better than another conferences 6th best team

Reactions: king_kong_
I will add that NIL and the transfer portal are two things that will immensely aid a second rate league like the B1G

very ironic for some vocal vermin B1G fans(s)

Except they can't leave the ACC at least as long as it's alive until the mid-2130's by which time everything will have changed.
acc will be no more in 4 years. That is why kevin warren said these next 3 to 4 years are going to be a crazy and rocky ride.

Reactions: BleedRed78
yep both conferences are not done being poached. the pac 12 will just be a couple pac 12 schools and mountain west teams. b12 going to lose kansas, ucf, and likely 1 more

The Pac 12 is dying because for years those moron "fans" have told us how they don't watch games because there is "sooooo much more to do".

Now they are finding out that they don't actually go hiking or swimming 24/7...But they actually DO want sports...but they should have shut their mouth.

How much did you have on Georgia? It's real easy to say you knew they'd win after the game is over.
I’m sure you recall my posting my wagers pre-game, as I always do when fading the b1g

easiest money I made since, well, earlier that very day when I cashed on kentucky and arkansas vs b1g opponents!

3-team ML parlay at more than +500 felt like stealing. absolute lock.

cashing huge bets against B1G teams on New Year’s Day remains society’s greatest hangover cure

Utah covered their number against ohiost in the rose bowl, too.. what a way to kick off the year!

B1G - kings of college football!

Last edited:
The Pac 12 is dying because for years those moron "fans" have told us how they don't watch games because there is "sooooo much more to do".

Now they are finding out that they don't actually go hiking or swimming 24/7...But they actually DO want sports...but they should have shut their mouth.
I lived in SoCal for many years and did plenty of hiking and swimming. I very rarely missed a Cornhusker game, even when they were just on the radio. People make time for what is important to them. If not a lot of PAC 12 sets aren't tuned into games on Saturdays it is IMHO more a function of apathy and less of other stuff to do.

But other than maybe Arizona and Oregon basketball fans, who really gives a shit if the Pac 12 lives or dies?

I happen to follow Colorado basketball, but I really don't care if they play in the Pac 12 or some sort of revamped Big 12. Utah will land somewhere decent, and wherever that is will still be a step up from their former home in the Mountain West. Outside of Utah and maybe Oregon, the NFL is king in this region and college FB is a Saturday undercard. Not my preference, but that's how it is.

Last edited:
How much did you have on Georgia? It's real easy to say you knew they'd win after the game is over.
I pretty sure most everyone knew (not a knock on michigan, it's bout recruiting horses)

Last edited:
But other than maybe Arizona and Oregon basketball fans, who really gives a shit if the Pac 12 lives or dies?

I happen to follow Colorado basketball, but I really don't care if they play in the Pac 12 or some sort of revamped Big 12. Utah will land somewhere decent, and wherever that is will still be a step up from their former home in the Mountain West. Outside of Utah and maybe Oregon, the NFL is king in this region and college FB is a Saturday undercard. Not my preference, but that's how it is.
Yeah, I don't think any of their fans really care.

I lived in SoCal for many years and did plenty of hiking and swimming. I very rarely missed a Cornhusker game, even when they were just on the radio. People make time for what is important to them. If not a lot of PAC 12 sets aren't tuned into games on Saturdays it is IMHO more a function of apathy and less of other stuff to do.
I totally agree, it was always the lamest excuse. They acted like if they did not hike that Saturday afternoon...the trail would be shut down forever.

I’m sure you recall my posting my wagers pre-game, as I always do when fading the b1g

easiest money I made since, well, earlier that very day when I cashed on kentucky and arkansas vs b1g opponents!

3-team ML parlay at more than +500 felt like stealing. absolute lock.

cashing huge bets against B1G teams on New Year’s Day remains society’s greatest hangover cure

Utah covered their number against ohiost in the rose bowl, too.. what a way to kick off the year!

B1G - kings of college football!
No I don't recall you posting any of that pre-game.

Except they can't leave the ACC at least as long as it's alive until the mid-2130's by which time everything will have changed.
Perhaps if the ACC raids the Pac 12 and the Big 12, they could become the #3 conference.

Perhaps if the ACC raids the Pac 12 and the Big 12, they could become the #3 conference.
That's possible but there are no teams left in the PAC or Big 12 that would increase the per team revenue share of the ACC. So the financial gap between B1G/SEC and a number 3 ACC would still be large. Only a full membership by ND would help the ACC raise its per team share (as long as ND didn't demand an unequal share).

Reactions: moralvictories
That's possible but there are no teams left in the PAC or Big 12 that would increase the per team revenue share of the ACC. So the financial gap between B1G/SEC and a number 3 ACC would still be large. Only a full membership by ND would help the ACC raise its per team share (as long as ND didn't demand an unequal share).
Notre Dame holds most of the cards in the direction that future conference realignment takes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT