ADVERTISEMENT

Very interesting read on the demise of the PAC 12

Horrific management. The conference didn't have to die. They all wanted to be part of the Pac but it was mistake after mistake that ended them. We think the Big Ten is poorly managed but the Pac was on another level.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I read somewhere espn offered 30 million (per team) and would have went to 35 million, but the pac had a 50 million figure..
so espn backed out..

Reactions: dinglefritz
Could the school be one of the two that haven’t been invited anywhere but want now into the ACC?

I read somewhere espn offered 30 million (per team) and would have went to 35 million, but the pac had a 50 million figure..
so espn backed out..
Supposedly it was ASU’s president listening to one economics professor that killed the deal. ASU will be fine but it really screwed those last 4 schools.

Reactions: redwine65
The professor was not wrong, he just failed to realize that theory in the classroom is one thing and the real world is the other.

ESPN and other networks were dictating worth, not the Pac 12.

That Apple TV deal sounded like a really bad joke.

“Ten minutes before the meeting was to begin, however, Washington informed the Pac-12 that it was leaving for the Big Ten.

The possibility of playing no games on the major linear networks was too tough of a sell for Washington football coach Kalen DeBoer, two sources told The Times.”

In this article, it was the schools wanting to counteroffer 35 and hoping for 32 in a counteroffer...
I guess I must have been reading something else the last week that said something different...probably a on a pac board..

Supposedly it was ASU. My tin foil hat theory is that ASU did it on purpose because they wanted to go to the Big 12.
That makes sense as well, the crazy professor professor honestly made me think of Berkeley or Palo Alto. You could be right Arizona State doing that

That Apple TV deal sounded like a really bad joke.

“Ten minutes before the meeting was to begin, however, Washington informed the Pac-12 that it was leaving for the Big Ten.

The possibility of playing no games on the major linear networks was too tough of a sell for Washington football coach Kalen DeBoer, two sources told The Times.”

Any PAC 12 coach (or AD) that didn’t take that “deal” as a huge insult shouldn’t be coaching. That meeting must have been brutal for those who attended. Imagine getting pissed on and told it’s rain for 2-3 hours straight.

Reactions: SickOfPractice
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT