ADVERTISEMENT

Our Embarassing Fanbase

7-2 after tOSU. Every single poster would have taken this record at the start of the year.

Every. Last. Poster.

Let's hope Tommy clears concussion protocol and can go next week.

GBR.

I can think of one that wouldn't. Other than him, you're probably right.

7-2 after tOSU. Every single poster would have taken this record at the start of the year.

Every. Last. Poster.

GBR.

Amen on Tommy clearing concussion protocol... I thought we would be 7-2 after 9 and I predicted a 9-3 regular season.

Reactions: dinglefritz

Every. Last. Poster.

GBR.

The loss isn't what has people upset. It's how they lost. This defeat was one of historic proportions and there should be no defending or rationalizing it..

A blowout in that style is completely unacceptable. End of story.

Nebraska lost 62-3, it wasn't close from opening kick. Nobody should take issue with the fan base belting out; last night was an rear end beating of epic proportion.

Looking at the overall record is fine and dandy, I'm more than pleased with a 7-2 record. I'm also less than pleased with 62-3, it'll sting till we win another game.

There's still a lot of ball to play.

I thought we would be 7-2 with losses to Oregon and Ohio State and sitting in prime position to win the West with how difficult Tex- er, Wisconsin's schedule is. Blahhhhhhhhh. I guess not going to Indy is a blessing in disguise. :(

Every. Last. Poster.

GBR.
I would agree with you on the 7 and 2 record but they way the huskers lost was unexpected. Next week needs to be a win. The crowd and fans need,to get behind the team.

The loss isn't what has people upset. It's how they lost. This defeat was one of historic proportions and there should be no defending or rationalizing it..

A blowout in that style is completely unacceptable. End of story.

Nobody is defending the loss. It is what it is.

But people who thought we were going to be competitive last night were being completely foolish.

Every. Last. Poster.

GBR.
Thanks for speaking for me as a Nebraska fan - no one could ever be as big a fan as you.

I actually disagree with most of your rationale.

Reactions: ssmill777
Nobody is defending the loss. It is what it is.

But people who thought we were going to be competitive last night were being completely foolish.

I don't think it was foolish to expect them to be competitive for most of the game before OSU's depth and overall talent pulled away in the 2nd half. PSU beat them, for Christ's sake. Other way crappier teams kept it close vs. them.

Nebraska lost 62-3, it wasn't close from opening kick. Nobody should take issue with the fan base belting out; last night was an rear end beating of epic proportion.

Looking at the overall record is fine and dandy, I'm more than pleased with a 7-2 record. I'm also less than pleased with 62-3, it'll sting till we win another game.

There's still a lot of ball to play.

No question. But the douchebags that have been hating on Riley from jump street were just waiting for a moment like this. They got it and have come out to play.

We are 7-2, ahead of schedule in year two, and recruiting is going well. I'm tired of the assholes who can't wait for opportunities to bash the staff.

Overall I'm happy at 7-2 but I didn't see the complete ass whipping last night coming. I had the Bucks winning by 2-3 TDs but never envisioned last night's results.

I though we would lose by three TDs with a healthy Tommy. We doubled down when he got hurt to give Fyfe reps since he mig have to start this week. We could have run the ball the rest of the game and it wouldn't have been as bad. But we used the time to get Fyfe reps. Dear God I hope Tommy clears protocol.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I though we would lose by three TDs with a healthy Tommy. We doubled down when he got hurt to give Fyfe reps since he mig have to start this week. We could have run the ball the rest of the game and it wouldn't have been as bad. But we used the time to get Fyfe reps. Dear God I hope Tommy clears protocol.

Yeah Fyfe is one of the worst QBs I have ever seen.

No question. But the douchebags that have been hating on Riley from jump street were just waiting for a moment like this. They got it and have come out to play.

We are 7-2, ahead of schedule in year two, and recruiting is going well. I'm tired of the assholes who can't wait for opportunities to bash the staff.
"Douchebags" and "assholes."

Where do you stand with the Nebraska fanbase, sir? Or are you just that much more intelligent than the rest of us who don't like 62-3?

Inquiring minds want to hear your pompous opinion.

fyfe has gotten no decent playing time. I don't consider getting thrown in against ohio state down by 20 points at ohio state decent playing time.

but yeah he's pretty bad. I hope the pass happy crowd understands a pass happy offense needs a pass happy qb.

riley has 3 more years to get them pass happy qb's and pass happy linemen.

We all hope TA returns this week because we have no shot without him.

Reactions: Archie Graham
My opinion is different; there's 3 more games left that'll decide if we're ahead of schedule or not. The next 2 games at home are very important. Fully expect the crowd to rally the troops.

What if Fyfe has to start? Same expectations?

After what you saw with Tommy getting knocked unconscious, and make no mistake, he was out COLD for a few minutes, why in the world would you want to risk his health for next week? Protocol be damned, he needs to sit one out. If the team, Fyfe, and coaches have any will to win this Saturday, then they will rally behind Fyfe and help him be good enough to win. Just don't make him do more than he needs.

Reactions: saluno22
Seems to me that the vast majority of "our fan base" reacted with, "That was a horrible, embarrassing loss but let's move on to next week, and hopefully TA is okay."

But this is a glorious morning for two groups: the very small number of fans who wanted the Huskers to fall on their face, and the Johnny SuperFans who love to bask in their steadfast fandom, and tell everyone how lucky we are that they are here to set the rest of us straight.

Last edited:
After what you saw with Tommy getting knocked unconscious, and make no mistake, he was out COLD for a few minutes, why in the world would you want to risk his health for next week? Protocol be damned, he needs to sit one out. If the team, Fyfe, and coaches have any will to win this Saturday, then they will rally behind Fyfe and help him be good enough to win. Just don't make him do more than he needs.

I'm not suggesting we do anything inappropriate. If the team doctors say he can't go then he shouldn't. No question.

What if Fyfe has to start? Same expectations?

With Armstrong, 3-0.

With Fyfe, Iowa is a toss-up.

Minnesota isn't good, Maryland isn't good and Iowa is on the road. Like I said in the previous response, which was poorly structured, it's very important the next 2 games are at home.

"Douchebags" and "assholes."

Where do you stand with the Nebraska fanbase, sir? Or are you just that much more intelligent than the rest of us who don't like 62-3?

Inquiring minds want to hear your pompous opinion.
Perhaps you are a troll... if you have don't know who Archie is, then you're not a regular here.

Our AD said so himself...while winning games is nice, but winning games that matter is important. Last night was a game that mattered, big time, ....and we lost 62-3 and our "experienced" DC looked like a complete fool the entire night. I don't think many thought we could pull out the win but last night was an embarrassment of epic proportions.

With Armstrong, 3-0.

Minnesota isn't good, Maryland isn't good and Iowa is on the road. Like I said in the previous response, which was poorly structured, it's very important the next 2 games are at home.

Thanks. You're more confident than me WRT Minnesota. Particularly if Fyfe has to go. We haven't been able to run consistently in weeks.

With Armstrong, 3-0.

If Armstrong can't go, who says Fyfe will start? When TA got dinged up in winnable games, it wasn't Fyfe who was warming up.

Of course Riley isn't going to burn O'Brien's redshirt in a blowout loss. But for winnable games I suspect he would.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT