ADVERTISEMENT

Our Embarassing Fanbase

Wait, what?

Is this in reference to John Parella, our d-line coach hired 9 months ago?
Yes. Why should he be treated any better than his peers were last year by the experts here? Especially given he has no resume.

JMO, but I think 463 is just calling out the hypocrisy on this board by some for the fact that they bash the hell out of 90% of the coaches. Yet they won't touch coach P, because of his Husker ties. I could be wrong though .
Said it way better than me earlier in this thread. Thanks!

I disagree to a degree on this. Yes, we gave up 62. How many times did we not get off the field on 3rd down when we had a RB seemingly stopped short, the QB bottled up but he broke free, or being in position to break up a pass but the ball being placed in perfect position?

I commented to a friend that Barrett's quick release and short-range precision was very impressive to see when you're used to watching Tommy's slow delivery and propensity to throw "YOLO balls". I love Tommy for his heart and leadership, but as someone pointed out earlier last week, you don't hear Riley compliment Tommy's passing skills and decision making very often.

Not trying to excuse the blowout. Just trying to point out we probably only lose by 35 or so instead of 59 if we get off the field on 3rd down a few times. Which now as I write that, is still very bad when you expected to be competitive.

Regarding QB recruiting, how nice would it be to have Borrow as a backup (heck, might even be starting for us)? I believe we were in his top 3 before he chose Ohio State.
Pelini never offered.. Riley did

Reactions: saluno22
JMO, but I think 463 is just calling out the hypocrisy on this board by some for the fact that they bash the hell out of 90% of the coaches. Yet they won't touch coach P, because of his Husker ties. I could be wrong though .

Yeahhh, that's it...people won't touch JP because of his Husker ties.

Signed,

Barney Cotton

Reactions: huskerfan1414
JP is doing reasonably well considering his first ever opportunity to recruit and coach division 1 players is at Nebraska
he was at a place called Northern Michigan University the last 2 years and then 1 year of JUCO coaching prior to that

give him time he may turn out to be great

Too bad Bush left. At least he would have been another option.
Um, no. Bush's stats at Iowa Western are pretty bad. He is throwing about 45% with 3 TD and 8 INT. He has also fumbled 8 times, losing 7 of them.

Um, no. Bush's stats at Iowa Western are pretty bad. He is throwing about 45% with 3 TD and 8 INT. He has also fumbled 8 times, losing 7 of them.
Seems like he would be an improvement for us if Tommy can't go. </sarcasm, sort of>

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT