ADVERTISEMENT

Other Week 2 Games

Illinois defense looks like it's taken a big step back this year. Lost their DC and some talent. Really struggled vs Toledo last week.
They played a pillow soft schedule in a league with zero speed or QB play

They suck

• Haha
Reactions: vighawk
They played a pillow soft schedule in a league with zero speed or QB play

They suck
The ONLY reason they were even over 500 last year is because they had 32 takeaways, which is insane.

Which means they got a lot of bounces....this game a KU dude fumbled but another KU guy fell on it. Last year, some Illini guy would have fell on it.

Last year, for the most part, was smoke and mirrors.

Reactions: king_kong_
I do love KU's offense though.

If we could have hired Liepold and also gotten a DC like Tony White, that would have been ideal. I just don't think Satterfield is very good.

Reactions: c3o
The scary part, SOOOO many Husker fans, even ones that post here, were IN LOVE with Illinois FB last year and Bert Billema.

They should have lost to Toledo, they will lose to KU and lose next week vs PSU.

I do love KU's offense though.

If we could have hired Liepold and also gotten a DC like Tony White, that would have been ideal. I just don't think Satterfield is very good.
An OC proves his worth when the team sucks ass.
It is easy to be an OC when you have a stacked team.

There’s a reason why BiG TeN WeSt defenses are usually among the nations leaders.

And it’s not because the defenses are really that great.
Advanced stats say otherwise. A game between Kansas and a revamped Illinois defense isn't really telling. Every team in that division apart from Nebraska and Purdue have had really good defenses in the last decade.

Advanced stats say otherwise. A game between Kansas and a revamped Illinois defense isn't really telling. Every team in that division apart from Nebraska and Purdue have had really good defenses in the last decade.
Because they play each other!

Iowa supposedly had this amazing defense last year and NU could have picked the final score against them.

Big Ten Fan Bois don't understand the difference between good defense as opposed to two bad offenses.

Because they play each other!

Iowa supposedly had this amazing defense last year and NU could have picked the final score against them.

Big Ten Fan Bois don't understand the difference between good defense as opposed to two bad offenses.
You can't cherry pick a game like that, you have to look at the entire season. And come on, Nebraska scored 24 points in that game. Iowa had a great defense and a horrible offense

You can't cherry pick a game like that, you have to look at the entire season. And come on, Nebraska scored 24 points in that game. Iowa had a great defense and a horrible offense
Nebraska could have scored on every play just by passing. That game was over after the first 15 minutes.

And I am not cheery picking, I told you that ALL the conference games are what make it look like those teams have good defenses...because they play crap offenses with crap QBs.

• Haha
Reactions: vighawk
I guess VirginHawk doesn't agree.

But the Iowa coach had to have the starting QB fake an injury so that he had an excuse to put in the backup, who also sucked...all so his son would not get asked tough questions.

And the vaunted Iowa DB's could not sniff covering the husker WR's

Iowas defense is pedestrian, they just play in the least offensive conference in the history of football

Zero speed, zero QB play outside of your team

Reactions: 250vertical
Iowas defense is pedestrian, they just play in the least offensive conference in the history of football

Then mix in 3 HORRIBLE non-conference games vs teams with horrible offenses and they end up playing what, 6 teams with offenses ranked in the bottom half???

Illinois defense looks like it's taken a big step back this year. Lost their DC and some talent. Really struggled vs Toledo last week.
Lovie had some good defensive players that he left. Those guys have to be about gone. Bert isn’t all that some have made him out to be. Very average coach at best

Why don't you ever mention the fact that Georgia only plays 1 decent team all year.

Who cares, they win titles.

Your Iowa team plays no one all year and is lucky to win 7 games.
It's too bad that rational college football discussion is drowned-out on here by mudslinging. And deflection...like no rational thought is allowed...the Big Ten must be bashed and the SEC must be praised.

Lovie had some good defensive players that he left. Those guys have to be about gone. Bert isn’t all that some have made him out to be. Very average coach at best
They lost three DBs that went in the first 3 rounds including a top 5 pick. That covered up their backend, I don't know if they were all Lovie guys but he didn't replace that kind of talent with the portal. Also lost that really good RB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT