ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Raleigh, NC

ZJSARENOTFREE

Sophomore
Oct 16, 2017
Any of you degenerates live in Raleigh? We are moving there, and I am curious where some of the best areas for young families are? Any other info is also appreciated. Thanks!

Bump. My wife and I are interested in that area for retirement and wold love to hear other's opinions.

Any of you degenerates live in Raleigh? We are moving there, and I am curious where some of the best areas for young families are? Any other info is also appreciated. Thanks!
Have you been there and where is home now? Not sure about the Raleigh Durham area, but theI95 area of N and S Carolina made me claustrophobic with nothing but pine trees.

Have you been there and where is home now? Not sure about the Raleigh Durham area, but theI95 area of N and S Carolina made me claustrophobic with nothing but pine trees.

I've visited before, but didn't do much. I'm in Grand Island right now, but have lived in San Diego, Yuma, LA, Portland, Anchorage, Remote AK, Houston, etc. Just inquiring about good areas, and things people like to do there. We will figure it out, just nice to get info.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Lived in Raleigh for 9 years, Carolinas for 14. Also a GI native Smokin

Raleigh is a great area- about 2.5 hours to the mountains or the beach. Are you looking to live in Raleigh proper or the burbs, ie Cary, Apex, Wake Forest, etc?

Lived in NC most of my life and lived in the Raleigh area for a few years. From 2013-2016. We have friends and family there now and visit often. It is a beautiful family friendly city. And it’s very well kept. If you’re looking for a place to live right outside of Raleigh. I highly recommended Waie Forest. If you’ve got money anyway lol Wendel Falls is an amazing neighborhood/area as well. If you want something more affordable and don’t mind a little bit of a commute, look in the Youngsville/Rolesville areas.
Consider yourself blessed. Amazing area to live

I've visited before, but didn't do much. I'm in Grand Island right now, but have lived in San Diego, Yuma, LA, Portland, Anchorage, Remote AK, Houston, etc. Just inquiring about good areas, and things people like to do there. We will figure it out, just nice to get info.
Wow, you have gotten around and have seen a wide variety. Good for you.

Are you running from the law o.p.? I lived in Jacksonville for a time. I loved being by the Atlantic.

NC is a little rough. Definitely the lesser of the Carolinas. That being said, Raleigh is decent. Just stay away from Fayettenam.

NC is a little rough. Definitely the lesser of the Carolinas. That being said, Raleigh is decent. Just stay away from Fayettenam.

I disagree. From somebody who lived and traveled all over both states. SC is the worst state I’ve ever lived/traveled in. Outside of the Greenville area it’s just a terrible place. NC is better kept. Even Fayetteville has stepped up its game. I’d choose Fayetteville over the Charleston area (where I lived 2017-2018)
NC is just cleaner. So many nice areas. It’s well kept. You can tell they tke pride. Just look at the roads alone!

I disagree. From somebody who lived and traveled all over both states. SC is the worst state I’ve ever lived/traveled in. Outside of the Greenville area it’s just a terrible place. NC is better kept. Even Fayetteville has stepped up its game. I’d choose Fayetteville over the Charleston area (where I lived 2017-2018)
NC is just cleaner. So many nice areas. It’s well kept. You can tell they tke pride. Just look at the roads alone!

Fayetteville over Charleston? You on drugs my man.

NC is not cleaner and the roads are about the same. I can't name many nice areas in NC except for OBX and Asheville. Not sure if I'd consider Raleigh nice, but it is decent.

Fayetteville over Charleston? You on drugs my man.

NC is not cleaner and the roads are about the same. I can't name many nice areas in NC except for OBX and Asheville. Not sure if I'd consider Raleigh nice, but it is decent.
The main touristy portion of Charleston is nice. but outside of that main area and some islands, it's trash. North Charleston is way worse than Fayetteville. Fayetteville has upscale areas and the area around the mall has gotten really nice. It still has it's bad areas too though. Now I will say that Mount Pleasant is really nice. I wouldn't turn down a free house out there haha VERY nice out there

The main touristy portion of Charleston is nice. but outside of that main area and some islands, it's trash. North Charleston is way worse than Fayetteville. Fayetteville has upscale areas and the area around the mall has gotten really nice. It still has it's bad areas too though. Now I will say that Mount Pleasant is really nice. I wouldn't turn down a free house out there haha VERY nice out there

Bro, Fayetteville is the armpit of the earth. Had a friend get carjacked at the drive thru ATM at the mall. There was a drive-by that either killed or wounded a soldier at a chain restaurant on Skibo right in front of the mall. Felt safer in Afghanistan.

Rivers Ave in North Charleston and those areas can get pretty rough, but Mt. Pleasant and most of Summerville are a hell of a lot nicer than anywhere I've been in NC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT