ADVERTISEMENT

We only Knew and Liked Mickey Joseph’s Public Persona

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
What allegedly happened over infidelity is awful (strangulation, closed fist punch, hair pulled out) and won’t ever be condoned.

It’s also out of our hands. I feel sorry for the victim and the kids. As for Mickey…man. I don’t know what to say really other than he wasn’t who we thought he was, and he will have to live with the consequences. I am glad we didn’t hire him for the head job.

Beyond that, this board is for fans of our program. None of us assaulted Priscilla Joseph. Rhule and his staff didn’t assault Priscilla Joseph. No one is condoning the reported assault on Priscilla Joseph.

I’ll say a prayer for all involved, but otherwise I am moving on.

Last edited:
You realize Mickey hasn't been convicted of anything, other than in the court of public opinion, right? I would never condone any type of DV, but at this point we don't know anything other than he was ACCUSED. I'll withhold making any judgements until this plays out in the legal system.

You realize Mickey hasn't been convicted of anything, other than in the court of public opinion, right? I would never condone any type of DV, but at this point we don't know anything other than he was ACCUSED. I'll withhold making any judgements until this plays out in the legal system.
…and it will, with physical evidence of her having been struck in the eye and had hair pulled out. Oh yeah, and there is also a witness to the strangulation part.

Wake up.

Reactions: SkerInCo
What allegedly happened over infidelity is awful (strangulation, closed fist punch, hair pulled out) and won’t ever be condoned.

It’s also out of our hands. I feel sorry for the victim and the kids. As for Mickey…man. I don’t know what to say really other than he wasn’t who we thought he was, and he will have to live with the consequences. I am glad we didn’t hire him for the head job.

Beyond that, this board is for fans of our program. None of us assaulted Priscilla Joseph. Rhule and his staff didn’t assault Priscilla Joseph. No one is condoning the reported assault on Priscilla Joseph.

I still like Mickey as a person. Sounds like he reacted in an understandable, yet not excusable manner to a bad situation. I don't blame him, but you just can't do that and still expect to have a normal life let alone coach college football.

I still like Mickey as a person. Sounds like he reacted in an understandable, yet not excusable manner to a bad situation. I don't blame him, but you just can't do that and still expect to have a normal life let alone coach college football.
This is part of my point though. Did you know him personally or just his fatherly, warm, calm, nice-guy public persona?

The other part of my point is that no one in our fan base or program needs to practice self-flagellation over something Mickey Joseph reportedly did.

I find it interesting that my posts on this topic were deleted.. at least 2 of them.

Granted, I have a different opinion than most on this subject, but it appears that we don't actually have the freedom to express those opinions, if they differ from the current narrative in this brainwashed country.

This is part of my point though. Did you know him personally or just his fatherly, warm, calm, nice-guy public persona?

The other part of my point is that no one in our fan base or program needs to practice self-flagellation over something Mickey Joseph reportedly did.
He's helped more countless kids than I think any of us on this board combined. He's a charming personality, but his real life good actions are what truly makes him likeable. Whether one knows him personally or not.

He's helped more countless kids than I think any of us on this board combined. He's a charming personality, but his real life good actions are what truly makes him likeable. Whether one knows him personally or not.
No one is saying Mickey is 100% awful. However, there is a police report in the public sphere now that he attempted to strangle his wife (and there is a witness), and also pulled her backwards by her hair and punched her in the eye (with evidence of such).

I appreciate all the good things Mickey has done in the past, but at this point he is radioactive for any coaching job, and I am not going to feel guilty about his reported actions. We didn’t have anything to do with this. This is all out of our hands. The reported actions of Mickey will play out in the legal system, and I intend to move on with our new staff.

…and it will, with physical evidence of her having been struck in the eye and had hair pulled out. Oh yeah, and there is also a witness to the strangulation part.

Wake up.
Wake up? Thanks for the advice Nostradamus. When the process plays out I'll make a judgement, until then I think it's BS to presume that everything a person is accused of is factual and accurate. A police report is based on a story that someone told. Obviously it doesn't look good for Mickey, but I'm going to wait to condemn him.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Wake up? Thanks for the advice Nostradamus. When the process plays out I'll make a judgement, until then I think it's BS to presume that everything a person is accused of is factual and accurate. A police report is based on a story that someone told. Obviously it doesn't look good for Mickey, but I'm going to wait to condemn him.
You do that. Terrific.

NU and Trev dodged a HUGE bullet by getting Rhule hired and announced earlier in the week. Who knows what would have happened had they waited another week with this bombshell waiting to happen.
On the other side, maybe this wouldn't have happened if Rhule hadn't been announced and Mickey was still a candidate.

Hold up now, the public is just doing exactly what they did when they worshiped him and clamored for his hiring after his first win. It is rich because they make posts apologizing for rushing to judgement on him by idolizing him when he was in a coaching position, only to act in pretty much the same way by destroying him before all of the facts are out.

On the other side, maybe this wouldn't have happened if Rhule hadn't been announced and Mickey was still a candidate.
Oh god. Trev is responsible now? 🤣

For an assault over infidelity? Good lord.

I can’t imagine getting to the end of that police report and being like, “Maybe if Trev had just given him the job this wouldn’t have happened.”Laughing

Not at all. The allegations are very serious and as I've stated, it doesn't look good for Mickey. It's a matter of timing, I don't want to condemn a person prematurely.
You are talking about condemnation, and I am talking about big picture reality.

That police report is out there and even if she suddenly recanted everything, Mickey can’t unring this bell.

I can’t imagine getting to the end of that police report and being like, “Maybe if Trev had just given him the job this wouldn’t have happened.”Laughing
Nice strawman, that's not at all what I said. I've seen dozens of comments about people being glad Mickey wasn't named HC. What if he had been named HC? Maybe in that scenario he and his family are in a better place emotionally, any infidelity issues get handled privately and everyone goes on their merry way. I realize that's just fiction, but we'll never know how it would have played out if he had gotten the job. Having said that, I didn't think Mickey wasn't ready for the job and Rhule was the right choice.

Love the “Rhule is a man of faith” crowd but yet want to burn Mickey at the stake. Jesus praised forgiveness of sins right?

The man had a lot happened to him in 1 week and hit a breaking point. Doesn’t mean it’s ok with what he did. Not at all. But it doesn’t mean he should be banded for life because of it. From what we know this is an isolated event

Nice strawman, that's not at all what I said. I've seen dozens of comments about people being glad Mickey wasn't named HC. What if he had been named HC? Maybe in that scenario he and his family are in a better place emotionally, any infidelity issues get handled privately and everyone goes on their merry way. I realize that's just fiction, but we'll never know how it would have played out if he had gotten the job. Having said that, I didn't think Mickey wasn't ready for the job and Rhule was the right choice.
No straw man. Your “clarification” above is exactly what I thought you meant. How ridiculous and embarrassing for you.

To summarize: ‘Maybe if Trev had hired him their family would be in a better place emotionally , there wouldn’t have been the infidelity concerns they actually fought over, and no assault would have been reported because…HEAD COACH!” RollingLaugh

Things were certainly more stable before Matt Rhule was announced as the head coach.

It would seem to me, that things are now coming apart at the seams in lots of different ways.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Maybe so. The pressure you live under, and the fishbowl you're in, in being the coach here maybe wasn't suited to Mickey's personality. I know I wouldn't do well under such pressure... and then toss in some domestic problems at home... yikes. I would be broken.

Things were certainly more stable before Matt Rhule was announced as the head coach.

It would seem to me, that things are now coming apart at the seams in lots of different ways.
I am sure Mickey was disappointed, but their fight was over infidelity.

He stood to make millions under Rhule here (in all likelihood) and likely had other options elsewhere too, as he himself said.

Even if their fight was because he didn’t get the head job (it wasn’t), it still wouldn’t make anyone else responsible for Mickey except Mickey.

I hope that all involved recover from this in a meaningful way, but it is out of our hands and I am not going to take responsibility for their marital issues or the reported assault. I am sad about this but will be moving on with Rhule.

No straw man. Your “clarification” above is exactly what I thought you meant. How ridiculous and embarrassing for you.

To summarize: ‘Maybe if Trev had hired him their family would be in a better place emotionally , there wouldn’t have been the infidelity concerns they actually fought over, and no assault would have been reported because…HEAD COACH!” RollingLaugh
Nice try, but wrong again. In your post you said I blamed Trev for the assault, then you doubled down and paraphrased "no assault would have been reported" when my point was that there may not have been an assault if he had been named HC. Geez dude, work on your reading comprehension!

Claims moving on but makes another thread
The sentiment from the Mickeyphiles on here is similar to the sentiment I heard back in the Lawrence Phillips days.

If you guys want to spend the entire off season practicing self-flagellation over this event, be my guest. We have a new coach and staff though who had nothing to do with this.

Last edited:
Nice try, but wrong again. In your post you said I blamed Trev for the assault, then you doubled down and paraphrased "no assault would have been reported" when my point was that there may not have been an assault if he had been named HC. Geez dude, work on your reading comprehension!
You are a strange guy. Everyone gets what you meant.

You are saying that a reported fight/assault over INFIDELITY may not have happened if he had been made head coach. Sick

Damn you, Trev!

I've moved on because it'a all I can do...I can't put my life on hold for the mickey pracilla drama to unfold.
it's basicly irritating me at this point. now the foolery is effecting recruiting.
iowegians got the #1 qb recruit in the portal...think on that before beating any wifes.
let there be no confusion, I expect a full report by mickey on his actions in this terrible physco drama.
the golf simulator guy did'nt beat on the womens.

to think people questioned my wisdom on hiring rhule
many outta be ashamed of themselfs...

You are a strange guy. Everyone gets what you meant.

You are saying that a reported fight/assault over INFIDELITY may not have happened if he had been made head coach. Sick

Damn you, Trev!
You're an idiot if you don't see how that could have made a difference. State of mind and incentives actually do impact one's behavior. While you keep saying you're going to do it, I'm actually going to move on.

You're an idiot if you don't see how that could have made a difference. State of mind and incentives actually do impact one's behavior. While you keep saying you're going to do it, I'm actually going to move on.
I think you incapable of admitting that what you said above—and are grasping to defend—is ridiculous and irrelevant.

Maybe if the weather had been nicer that day Mickey would have been in a better mood and there wouldn’t have been a fight over infidelity. 🥳

It took WAAY longer than I thought it was going to for the first person to blame this on NU rather than MJ.

Certainly.

4-8
4-8
5-7
3-5
3-9
4-8

Is about as stable as it can get.

Hopefully, during the interview process, TA was looking for the guy capable of blowing the whole thing up.

It took WAAY longer than I thought it was going to for the first person to blame this on NU rather than MJ.
Mickey had a very likable public persona, and this event was shocking.

Some people are still in the denial stage and having trouble letting go.

As for me, my interest in this consuming our off season and new staff ended after I read the police report.

Ummm, that is not what we do here!

Look what we did to Frost with no "proof" and Bo with no "proof" and Frank with no "proof"

The only coach that didn't have anything "bad" was Riley.

We judge first!!!!! Hahaha

I am kidding.

Except for Riley, seemed like people just hated him for riding a bike and having a fuel efficient car.

So let it rest!! End of story!!!

Mickey is more than old enough to know the correct response to what is rumored to be the triggering event is to back a bag, leave and check into a hotel. Maybe get shitfaced unless you have problems with the bottle. See what it looks like the next day.
Beating and choking a woman is a sign of a weak person.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT