ADVERTISEMENT

We only Knew and Liked Mickey Joseph’s Public Persona

What allegedly happened over infidelity is awful (strangulation, closed fist punch, hair pulled out) and won’t ever be condoned.

It’s also out of our hands. I feel sorry for the victim and the kids. As for Mickey…man. I don’t know what to say really other than he wasn’t who we thought he was, and he will have to live with the consequences. I am glad we didn’t hire him for the head job.

Beyond that, this board is for fans of our program. None of us assaulted Priscilla Joseph. Rhule and his staff didn’t assault Priscilla Joseph. No one is condoning the reported assault on Priscilla Joseph.

I’ll say a prayer for all involved, but otherwise I am moving on.
Considering how people who knew Mickey well including Tom Osborne loved him, I think there’s a lot more to liking Mickey than his public image. He made a horrible anger fueled mistake. He’s human.

Ha! Yes, I have seen this pop up a few times now!

If TA had just given him the job, this would not have happened!
Or it would have happened, and instead of the shit storm we now see, it would be a shit tsunami.

Or it would have happened, and instead of the shit storm we now see, it would be a shit tsunami.
Could you imagine the spinning that the crazy husker fans would have been doing???

"No no, guys, I heard that her neck tried choking his hands"

…and it will, with physical evidence of her having been struck in the eye and had hair pulled out. Oh yeah, and there is also a witness to the strangulation part.

Wake up.
So you were there to witness and see the entire event?

I still like Mickey as a person. Sounds like he reacted in an understandable, yet not excusable manner to a bad situation. I don't blame him, but you just can't do that and still expect to have a normal life let alone coach college football.
How the hell can you like someone that strangles a woman? Your morals are pretty gross dude

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
The personality traits that make a great football coach may not be the same for a great husband.

Yelling and motivating distracted young men requires an entirely different skillset.

How the hell can you like someone that strangles a woman? Your morals are pretty gross dude
Eh, I see the world for what it is. VERY gray - not as neat and black and white as we'd like to think it is.

Whatever helps you sleep at night though. My nor my wife never lose any.

…and it will, with physical evidence of her having been struck in the eye and had hair pulled out. Oh yeah, and there is also a witness to the strangulation part.

Wake up.
Sounds like you want to be the judge on this and not even hear all the evidence. What have you got against him??? Or is this just who you are generally.

Sounds like you want to be the judge on this and not even hear all the evidence. What have you got against him??? Or is this just who you are generally.
I get the feeling that people posting goofy stuff like this haven’t read the police report.

I was a huge Mickey fan (check old threads) but reality beckons.

You realize Mickey hasn't been convicted of anything, other than in the court of public opinion, right? I would never condone any type of DV, but at this point we don't know anything other than he was ACCUSED. I'll withhold making any judgements until this plays out in the legal system.
This isn’t a he said/she said situation.

ADVERTISEMENT