ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Prayer Request - He's home!

Antwill

All-American
Dec 18, 2004
Our pup is coming home! Liver enzymes aren't completely back to normal, but have went down the last two days so think he's going to be okay.

Thanks so much for your prayers!

OP: Our 6 month old puppy ate some gum with xylitol which is toxic to dogs. His liver enzymes are high which isn't a good sign. In the animal hospital now under observation and getting treatment. Next couple days will be crucial.

We just lost our 1 year old dog this June when his collar broke and he ran out into the street and got hit by a pickup. Kids were very attached to him but are even more attached to our new puppy. That is especially true for my daughter who is on the spectrum. Dogs do truly become part of the family.

I know there are a lot more important and tragic things that you can pray for, but in your charity I'd appreciate it if you'd send one up for his healing but also surrender to and acceptance of God's will whatever it be for me and my family.

TIA

Last edited:
That sucks, I hope the little guy pulls through. We've got a 3 month old puppy now after losing a 12yo back in June. Your post is a kick in the pants that I need to upgrade her collar now that she's getting big.

It takes quite a bit of any of those to kill a dog. I know of a Dachshund that ate a whole bag of Hersheys milk chocolate bars and survived. Pooped like it had eaten Exlax.
yeah, milk chocolate is barely chocolate

xylitol, grapes, chocolate, macadamia nuts, garlic,

Garlic really? My dog eats the shit out of Italian food and I know a lot of it is loaded with garlic. He's Italian though, so maybe he's immune to it? Well, I guess technically they say he's French. But that's highly unlikely. The way he plows through Italian food, there's no way that dude's not Italian.

Anyway, T&P for OP's pup

Hope the pup is ok!

Last year my dog ate a brick of rat poison while we were cleaning the garage, the small green blocks about the size of a lighter. I forced hydrogen peroxide into his mouth with a syringe and he eventually barfed his stomach contents up. I think I did it a couple times. This was my 7 year old heeler, who I had just the year before spent about $3K on fixing his knee, so I did not want to lose him to something so stupid. He obviously came out fine. I am so glad I noticed he had eaten it, basically right in front of me, or he would be gone.

Our 6 month old puppy ate some gum with xylitol which is toxic to dogs. His liver enzymes are high which isn't a good sign. In the animal hospital now under observation and getting treatment. Next couple days will be crucial.

We just lost our 1 year old dog this June when his collar broke and he ran out into the street and got hit by a pickup. Kids were very attached to him but are even more attached to our new puppy. That is especially true for my daughter who is on the spectrum. Dogs do truly become part of the family.

I know there are a lot more important and tragic things that you can pray for, but in your charity I'd appreciate it if you'd send one up for his healing but also surrender to and acceptance of God's will whatever it be for me and my family.

TIA
What dogs do for kids on the spectrum is truly a miracle. The comfort, the joy, the smiles, the love, the compassion the friendship, that the seem to KNOW that the person needs is amazing.

Your dog will be fine and will be your daughters best friend for years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT