ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ever been arrested?

Oct 6, 2012
In 1979 I was knocking doors as a door-door encyclopedia salesman.
In Abilene, in April, I knocked on the door of a police officer.

Abilene had a strict no solicitation ordinance, and subsequently 6 of us were summarily arrested, me first.
They let us go after the Company paid our bail, into a driving Texas rainstorm, 2 hours after bail had been paid. We walked a mile to our motel.

I had bruises on my wrists for days. I was trying to disseminate knowledge, but was 19. I resigned that method of earning money shortly after.

Your stories?

Yeah, didn't pay a speeding ticket and was busted cruising on my motorcycle on HWY 370 . Dumb kid, best thing that could have happened, I swore I never would see jail again. Promise kept. I forgot I was taken in for drinking under age but let me go to the custody of my parents . So twice....I was habitual, ha.

Last edited:

Abilene had a strict no solicitation ordinance, and subsequently 6 of us were summarily arrested, me first.
They let us go after the Company paid our bail, into a driving Texas rainstorm, 2 hours after bail had been paid. We walked a mile to our motel.

I had bruises on my wrists for days. I was trying to disseminate knowledge, but was 19. I resigned that method of earning money shortly after.

Your stories?
Plead The Fifth Dave Chappelle GIF

You deserved it.
Yeah, probably.

Fall 2010 - Me and a good friend from the dorms were at Sandys and had a couple pitchers of elk creek water.

Met up with some co-eds and we got completely hosed. My pal and I left and we passed by the frat house across from the union... Buddy told me he hated them as they were jerks of his race.

He went and started peeing on the float and was laughing my ass off and I did too. We started getting yelled at from the balcony and it made it funnier as we were totally trashed. I was done before doods were coming out the door and I shouting at Juan - "Come on man, run!!!"

I went and hid behind the Wick Alumni wall thing, thinking he would join me... But never did. I doubled over to the union and nothing. Thought he was getting his shit pushed in... But then he sent a text said he's safe, lol

That's the best story I've got without going to jail. I've helped plenty of people get there. But, I've never been. Hope I never do.

Last edited:

Your stories?
Almost exact story, only I was selling in Muskogee Oklahoma. Spent 4 hours in Muskogee County Jail. Last day ever as a salesman. 1973

In November of 73, I was home on leave and met up with a buddy for a night on the town in Sioux City, IA (woot). We drank way to much sangria and got drunker than hell. We visited a boobie bar in downtown SC, hit some more bars and then about 1 am wound up at a seedy joint near the stockyards. My buddy considered himself a good poker player and asked if there were any games he could get into. Bartender said "hold my beer" and went into a back room.

A guy come out dressed in a red velour suit with diamond rings on all his fingers. I took a look at him and said, "Dave, let's get out of here". Dave had all sorts of alcohol courage and went into the back room with this guy. I started drinking pop. He comes out a half hour later, madder than hell and flat broke and said "Let's go."

We get into his 69 mustang and no soon than his front wheels left the parking lot and hit the street, we got lit up by Woodbury County's finest. Dave flunked the field sobriety tests, got handcuffed and tossed in the back of a cruiser. A deputy tossed me the car keys and said Dave was going downtown.

I was convinced it was a trick to get me behind the wheel so they could arrest me too. Waited in the passenger seat with my arms crossed for over half hour and finally said "f this". Drove around until I found downtown and then spent more time asking hookers and bums where the cop shop was. Finally got there around 3 am and the desk sergeant said Dave was locked up in the drunk tank. I asked if I could see him and found him passed out in a cell. The officer in charge of the drunk tank said I could sleep in an unused cell.

Around 7 am I wake up, Dave is still passed out and a fat guy is pissing on his head. I started yelling and the officer tells the guy to knock it off. Dave wakes up about an hour later with a headache and bitching that his head smells like piss. I bonded him out that morning. The drive home was not fun because he wasn't talking and the car heater made the smell of pee unbearable.

So I wasn't arrested but did sleep in a drunk tank, if that counts.

Yeah, didn't pay a speeding ticket and was busted cruising on my motorcycle on HWY 370 . Dumb kid, best thing that could have happened, I swore I never would see jail again. Promise kept.
Same. Unpaid traffic violations. Partied with some friends in Underwood Iowa in the early 90s. Left the next AM and got picked up by a sheriff who ran my plates and was just waiting for me to leave. Spent a few hours in the squirrel cage in
Council Bluffs. Never again.

Reactions: Laner2

Your stories?
Not for a lack of trying!
Not sure if it would’ve went that way or not. Probably. I got my license suspended when I was 20. Stupid boy stuff, Racing, speeding tickets. Lived in Omaha.

My oldest sister got married in Golden, CO. I wasn’t going to let a little thing like no drivers license keep me from going.

In Denver and this cop was following me for a bit. No idea why, other than I had Nebraska plates. Starts pulling me over as I’m coming onto the Interstate. We pull over and somebody goes blazing by us, maybe 100 mph. And this was back in the day of 55mph. Cop went after him and I was like God Bless U Sir!

Not for a lack of trying!
Not sure if it would’ve went that way or not. Probably. I got my license suspended when I was 20. Stupid boy stuff, Racing, speeding tickets. Lived in Omaha.

My oldest sister got married in Golden, CO. I wasn’t going to let a little thing like no drivers license keep me from going.

In Denver and this cop was following me for a bit. No idea why, other than I had Nebraska plates. Starts pulling me over as I’m coming onto the Interstate. We pull over and somebody goes blazing by us, maybe 100 mph. And this was back in the day of 55mph. Cop went after him and I was like God Bless U Sir!
That kind of speed is worth a lot

Was handcuffed but then released because they thought I was someone else. the one they were after had a similar name as mine once they checked me out and Found to be wrong person I was let go and apologized too
I've also been handcuffed and gun pointed at me but walked free. Great feeling

Reactions: GaRed
In November of 73, I was home on leave and met up with a buddy for a night on the town in Sioux City, IA (woot). We drank way to much sangria and got drunker than hell. We visited a boobie bar in downtown SC, hit some more bars and then about 1 am wound up at a seedy joint near the stockyards. My buddy considered himself a good poker player and asked if there were any games he could get into. Bartender said "hold my beer" and went into a back room.

A guy come out dressed in a red velour suit with diamond rings on all his fingers. I took a look at him and said, "Dave, let's get out of here". Dave had all sorts of alcohol courage and went into the back room with this guy. I started drinking pop. He comes out a half hour later, madder than hell and flat broke and said "Let's go."

We get into his 69 mustang and no soon than his front wheels left the parking lot and hit the street, we got lit up by Woodbury County's finest. Dave flunked the field sobriety tests, got handcuffed and tossed in the back of a cruiser. A deputy tossed me the car keys and said Dave was going downtown.

I was convinced it was a trick to get me behind the wheel so they could arrest me too. Waited in the passenger seat with my arms crossed for over half hour and finally said "f this". Drove around until I found downtown and then spent more time asking hookers and bums where the cop shop was. Finally got there around 3 am and the desk sergeant said Dave was locked up in the drunk tank. I asked if I could see him and found him passed out in a cell. The officer in charge of the drunk tank said I could sleep in an unused cell.

Around 7 am I wake up, Dave is still passed out and a fat guy is pissing on his head. I started yelling and the officer tells the guy to knock it off. Dave wakes up about an hour later with a headache and bitching that his head smells like piss. I bonded him out that morning. The drive home was not fun because he wasn't talking and the car heater made the smell of pee unbearable.

So I wasn't arrested but did sleep in a drunk tank, if that counts.
Where is the Mustang today?

Holy shit. Why? Wow. I bet that felt great
dude I was riding with got pulled over for BS reasons. He had his license in the glovebox. He notified the cop that he had a airsoft gun in the glovebox and, being a dumb teen, he grabbed the airsoft gun. The cop drew his weapon to the side of his head and had him get out. The cop then pointed the gun at me and had me get out. 5 cop cars arrived and we were prone on the ground and handcuffed. The dude had a tiny bag of 3 year old weed seeds and was booked. I walked home.

• Wow
Reactions: Laner2 and Jaemekon
dude I was riding with got pulled over for BS reasons. He had his license in the glovebox. He notified the cop that he had a airsoft gun in the glovebox and, being a dumb teen, he grabbed the airsoft gun. The cop drew his weapon to the side of his head and had him get out. The cop then pointed the gun at me and had me get out. 5 cop cars arrived and we were prone on the ground and handcuffed. The dude had a tiny bag of 3 year old weed seeds and was booked. I walked home.
Your friend is lucky he didn't get shot. When you are pulled over, you absolutely do not pull a weapon.

Whoa. Good move by you

Your stories?

nothing recently.

Yeah, didn't pay a speeding ticket and was busted cruising on my motorcycle on HWY 370 . Dumb kid, best thing that could have happened, I swore I never would see jail again. Promise kept. I forgot I was taken in for drinking under age but let me go to the custody of my parents . So twice....I was habitual, ha.
One more and you’re going away for life….

Where is the Mustang today?
He had a cousin in Wakefield, NE so we were going to crash there. Dave was taking gravel roads to get there because he knew all the shortcuts. Right.

He got the front of the Tang stuck in a ditch so he walked to a nearby farmer's house. Farmer used a big flatbed truck with I-beams running the length of the bed, which was covered with boards. Chained the car to the truck, Dave got the Tang in reverse and gunned it while the farmer pulled. As soon as the Tang's rear wheels got traction it shot backwards into those I-beams. Curled up the trunk like tin foil. First words out of the farmer's mouth were "I ain't paying for that."

I thanked the farmer while Dave stared at the trunk. He didn't say a word, just got in the passenger seat. I drove the rest of the way to Wakefield. Dave's dad got the trunk fixed and sold the Tang. It was a dog but still a sweet ride.

Never more than a speeding ticket. Should have ever landed in jail? Mmmmmm maybe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT