ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ever been arrested?

On a beautiful spring day in Lincoln, my buddies and I took our bicycles out for ride to Holmes Lake. LPD had a sting out evidently....those pigs wrote all 3 college students a ticket for failure to register a bike. Yeah well done....

Not arrested this go round. I was the one to call 911, I immediately became a suspect. It is weird dealing with Police in a profound tragedy. All the guys I met have been so cool.
Every cop I know is just a regular guy trying to feed his family. You couldn’t pay me enough to do what they do. Yeah there’s some that go Barney Fife, but in my experience that’s rare. They deal daily with just horrible situations.

On a beautiful spring day in Lincoln, my buddies and I took our bicycles out for ride to Holmes Lake. LPD had a sting out evidently....those pigs wrote all 3 college students a ticket for failure to register a bike. Yeah well done....
Please say that's a joke.

I was like 15, buddies and I were smoking the left handed tobacco and I had a pipe in my pocket. No weed left as we were already high and out at that point. Thank goodness cause it was mine haha.

So I got arrested and charged with possession of paraphernalia. Only thing on my record. I should have so much more.

I actually stopped smoking weed after that incident though. My parents holed me up at Cedars for like 3 months and after that I just wasn't interested in it. But then the alcohol came around full time. So much worse IMHO.

Reactions: RedMyMind
I can't imagine a bunch of people jumping on here to chronicle what was one (or more) of their worst, or embarrassing, or frightening days in their lives by being arrested and incarcerated. But then, this is the H Online freeboard, so who knows what people are willing to share?

Never been cuffed but I was pretty damn close a few times. Those were back when I was younger. About 10 years ago in Vancouver, had about 4-5 cops surround me & a buddy with their guns pointing at us. We had our hands up & thought each other did something stupid. Once things settled down, we saw two guys on the ground right behind us. They had pulled off a couple of robberies.

I was arrested for an MIP and resisting a peace officer in college. I was drinking Bacardi 151 and went to beach party themed house party. So naturally I wore a man thong (and a shirt). Cops came. I ran. Got caught. Went to jail. And they don’t give you pants in the drunk tank. So spent the night in jail with my shirt around my waist.

A fellow inmate asked me if was my first time in jail. I asked how he knew and he simply responded, ‘you forgot to wear clothes.’

I was arrested for an MIP and resisting a peace officer in college. I was drinking Bacardi 151 and went to beach party themed house party. So naturally I wore a man thong (and a shirt). Cops came. I ran. Got caught. Went to jail. And they don’t give you pants in the drunk tank. So spent the night in jail with my shirt around my waist.

A fellow inmate asked me if was my first time in jail. I asked how he knew and he simply responded, ‘you forgot to wear clothes.’
🤣🥴🤣🤣🤣🤣

Please say that's a joke.
Ha it was not unfortunately...happened around 1990. We fought the ticket, went to the DA, all that....got the ticket dropped ($10) ... yay! Oh, but we still had to pay court costs ($21)....so they got theirs in the long run.

• Sad
Reactions: dinglefritz
I can't imagine a bunch of people jumping on here to chronicle what was one (or more) of their worst, or embarrassing, or frightening days in their lives by being arrested and incarcerated. But then, this is the H Online freeboard, so who knows what people are willing to share?
Stories about my run-ins with the law only come out after about 10 beers.

Is what it is my man. You make up stuff.

4e047b7e-fe6a-40a7-8d29-4d3a2783cfaa_text.gif

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Ha it was not unfortunately...happened around 1990. We fought the ticket, went to the DA, all that....got the ticket dropped ($10) ... yay! Oh, but we still had to pay court costs ($21)....so they got theirs in the long run.
Sad.

In about 1972 I was 19 and 3 buddies and i drove from Altus, OK to Arlington, Tx to watch the Rangers and the A's play. Since I don't drink, i was nominated by two of my mostly inebriated buddies to go to the stands and get them 2 beers. I no more than paid for the beers, turned around and cop tapped me on the shoulder and asked for my ID. Texas was a 21 state so I got to visit the holding cell for a couple hours, but really only got my ass chewed by the security guy and got let go. (I don't think the guy wanted to get an obvious military guy in trouble, plus I was sober).

So about 9:00 we're ready to head back to Oklahoma and my buddy, who was from Lincoln had a pretty new car that wouldn't start. So we sit in the parking lot for a few hours deciding how much trouble we were gonna be in if we didn't report back for duty the next morning. One of my buddies was tanked, and "luckily" a pickup pulls up and they asked what the problem was. Told them we thought the fuel pump was out and they said "hell, hop in we gotta buddy in Mesquite who has a 24 hour shop and I know he'll have one there, we'll run you there, you guys can buy it and we have tools and we'll help you swap fuel pumps.

So a few hours go by, like maybe 5 or 6 and we see this State Patrol car pull up to the car. Out hops my two buddies and nothing else. Come to find out, those dudes in the pickup took them to the middle of Mesquite, Tx and drove up to a place and said, just go to the back of that house and knock on the door and our buddy will get you the fuel pump. They no more than got out of the pickup, took about 10 steps and the pickup took off and left them stranded, it was probably about 11:00 or so at night.

Turned out to be funnier than shit cause my NCOIC in Oklahoma gave us all a day off and cleared it with the other guys bosses, so it all turned out okay. I know this is a long story, but I bet i've told it 100 times over the years. Its still funnier than shit when I think about it. Everytime I hear Mesquite, Texas that story will reappear to whoever is around to hear it.

Last edited:
In about 1972 I was 19 and 3 buddies and i drove from Altus, OK to Arlington, Tx to watch the Rangers and the A's play. Since I don't drink, i was nominated by two of my mostly inebriated buddies to go to the stands and get them 2 beers. I no more than paid for the beers, turned around and cop tapped me on the shoulder and asked for my ID. Texas was a 21 state so I got to visit the holding cell for a couple hours, but really only got my ass chewed by the security guy and got let go. (I don't think the guy wanted to get an obvious military guy in trouble, plus I was sober).

So about 9:00 we're ready to head back to Oklahoma and my buddy, who was from Lincoln had a pretty new car that wouldn't start. So we sit in the parking lot for a few hours deciding how much trouble we were gonna be in if we didn't report back for duty the next morning. One of my buddies was tanked, and "luckily" a pickup pulls up and they asked what the problem was. Told them we thought the fuel pump was out and they said "hell, hop in we gotta buddy in Mesquite who has a 24 hour shop and I know he'll have one there, we'll run you there, you guys can buy it and we have tools and we'll help you swap fuel pumps.

So a few hours go by, like maybe 5 or 6 and we see this State Patrol car pull up to the car. Out hops my two buddies and nothing else. Come to find out, those dudes in the pickup took them to the middle of Mesquite, Tx and drove up to a place and said, just go to the back of that house and knock on the door and our buddy will get you the fuel pump. They no more than got out of the pickup, took about 10 steps and the pickup took off and left them stranded, it was probably about 11:00 or so at night.

Turned out to be funnier than shit cause my NCOIC in Oklahoma gave us all a day off and cleared it with the other guys bosses, so it all turned out okay. I know this is a long story, but I bet i've told it 100 times over the years. Its still funnier than shit when I think about it. Everytime I hear Mesquite, Texas that story will reappear to whoever is around to hear it.
Been to Altus. Not a place I would want to be stationed. My sympathies, sir.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT