ADVERTISEMENT

OT: PGA Championship

It’s just really hard to imagine a professional golfer having a sense of entitlement like that.

The money quote is the officer telling the witness/reporter “Scottie Schefler is going to jail.” A real I know who you are and I don’t give a f& k moment.

It’s just really hard to imagine a professional golfer having a sense of entitlement like that.

The money quote is the officer telling the witness/reporter “Scottie Schefler is going to jail.” A real I know who you are and I don’t give a f& k moment.

That reporter clarified that the cops didn't know who they arrested.

Ehhhh, not really a big deal in the end. Just a misunderstanding. I get why the police would handle it with caution.

This is embarrassing for the city. PGA should refuse to go back unless this is rectified. And even then it may be beyond repair. The guy is the number 1 player, by all accounts a great guy, a new dad and was just trying to get to the club like everyone else did. I hope Scottie comes out in orange today and wins the whole thing.

This is embarrassing for the city. PGA should refuse to go back unless this is rectified. And even then it may be beyond repair. The guy is the number 1 player, by all accounts a great guy, a new dad and was just trying to get to the club like everyone else did. I hope Scottie comes out in orange today and wins the whole thing.

Sounds more and more like a misunderstanding that unfortunately was escalated a little too much. I hope both sides can let it go.

Reactions: king_kong_
Scottie has pending charges and a public mug shot. He should not let it go.
My feeling is that the police are in the wrong here. But I hope there's no need for litigation. Hopefully an apology will suffice. It could be a good example for others.
SS is not going to pursue anything else once he is cleared of any wrongdoing.

The Olympics forcing the PGA to the May time slot just doesn’t seem right. The heat and humidity should be a factor to win the PGA. And winning a major with a chance to go 20 deep also isn’t right.

The Olympics forcing the PGA to the May time slot just doesn’t seem right. The heat and humidity should be a factor to win the PGA. And winning a major with a chance to go 20 deep also isn’t right.
I agree with both of those… especially the low scores… I’m most impressed when the course wins a little bit

Yeah, but it's the PGA championship. The lamest of the majors by far. Like winning the Australian Open in tennis. Who really cares when it is.

Reactions: Dylman
I'm pro police, but this screams of a control freak cop that overreacted and escalated the situation. If Scheffler was driving over the median like the other players were, he probably had no idea that anyone was clinging to his vehicle, especially with a bunch of emergency lights flashing from the accident and it being dark out. You damn well that it's impossible to see in that situation. I can't wait to see the body cam footage since you know that the media is going to be fighting over who releases it first.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT