ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness Thread

I have Houston over Marquette in my first bracket. Second bracket is UConn over Houston.

EDIT... I just checked and I picked Duquesne in both brackets.

Reactions: king_kong_
I hate basketball yet created my first bracket ever in my life so these are probably entirely dumb results... Iowa St, Arizona, Marquette & Purdue with Purdue winning it... I also had the Huskers making it to the Elite 8 LOL

I hate basketball yet created my first bracket ever in my life so these are probably entirely dumb results... Iowa St, Arizona, Marquette & Purdue with Purdue winning it... I also had the Huskers making it to the Elite 8 LOL
Those final four picks are not bad at all.

I have a mostly blue blood final 4, but enjoy betting individual games much more than the overall bracket

UNC, UCONN, Duke and (gulp) Creighton

UCONN > Duke in the final

I believe 0% in this prognostication

Reactions: HBK4life
Most of the time it's been my experience people who don't watch and just pick at random have just as good a chance of those who study and tend to overthink it too much. I lost a CFB pool to a girl who picked teams based off her favorite colors. :mad:
Totally agree because I've seen it. We had two girls submit a bracket in an office pool and they made their picks based on the best colors and best looking guys and won. WTF!

McDermott was just a gnat's ass from getting run over on the court after an Akron steal. That would've made my day. To be fair, a coach on the court is not unique to Creighton and they all bother me.

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
I remember back in the day wishing Nebraska could get a coach like John Groce. And now he's at Akron with a damn good team.

Let's hear your final 4's and winners? I got Houston, Tennessee, North Carolina and UCONN. North Carolina over Tennessee in title game. I'm basing this off absolutely nothing.
Guard play in the tournament has always been huge. NC has one of if not the best one. I am a bias NC fan of course.

Miss State was really pretty bad most of the year. They got hot for a short period. They should not have made it in.
I was just listening to a couple experts this morning picking the first 1 seeds to lose. 2 of the guys said Miss St would be an extremely bad matchup for UNC in rd 2 and and could very well lose. Well, they forgot MSU was a nightmare matchup for them. These “experts” don’t know shit, this tourney is a crapshoot other than the 1’s and 2’s with easy draws for a bit

Reactions: IM4NUalways
Does Scheierman cut his own hair? Does he not get enough NIL money to afford a decent haircut?
The stache is also brutal.

Jays pulling away now, but I don’t see them making a deep run this year. Alexander often carries them on his back, and that likely won’t work in the tourney.

For all the bitching I did about Mich St, I wouldnt want to play them in the tourney.

Pat McAfee: "if Keisei Tominaga does any of this shit on Friday, we're gonna hear every person say domo arigata, we are in on the Japanese Steph Curry!" "We need to let the world know that Keisei Tominaga is our player in this particular tournament." Laughing

Duquesne looking good. I sure remember a lot of naysayers being dismissive of that win in the non-con. Haven’t heard much from that crowd lately.
It was the only game I attended this year. They were good.

Even better, I saw several of their players after the game chatting with and giving headbands, wristbands, etc to a few of our young fans. Smiles all around - it was classy and I am happy to see them win today!

Reactions: mgbreis and schuele
Totally agree because I've seen it. We had two girls submit a bracket in an office pool and they made their picks based on the best colors and best looking guys and won. WTF!
Ive known for a long time......Looks matter....

The stache is also brutal.

Jays pulling away now, but I don’t see them making a deep run this year. Alexander often carries them on his back, and that likely won’t work in the tourney.
You don’t watch them much if you think they rely only on Alexander. Some games yes but Kalkbrenner and Scheierman lead them just as much.

Reactions: mgbreis
You don’t watch them much if you think they rely only on Alexander. Some games yes but Kalkbrenner and Scheierman lead them just as much.
I'm not saying they rely on Alexander all the time. But they lean on him heavily when they go against tougher opponents and their offense isn't clicking. That's when Ashworth typically disappears and Alexander ends up carrying a bigger load. As a result, I just don't think the Jays will get as far as they did last year.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I'm not saying they rely on Alexander all the time. But they lean on him heavily when they go against tougher opponents and their offense isn't clicking. That's when Ashworth typically disappears and Alexander ends up carrying a bigger load. As a result, I just don't think the Jays will get as far as they did last year.
They probably won’t go as far I agree. It’s not easy to make it to Elite 8. Final 4 is once in a lifetime for all but 6-8 teams out there.

They probably won’t go as far I agree. It’s not easy to make it to Elite 8. Final 4 is once in a lifetime for all but 6-8 teams out there.
I hope I'm wrong - I enjoy watching Creighton and would like to see them go deep in the tournament, but I just don't think they're athletic enough this year. Assuming Oregon hangs on to beat South Carolina, it won't surprise me at all to see the Ducks beat them.

Good grief I'm so sick of the soccer flopping. Thought it was just a b1g thing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT