ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pet Peeves Redux

1. The 500lb fat woman wearing a mumu inscribed with 'Princess' barrelling through the buffet line.

2. The 500lb fat wan wearing a mumu inscribed with 'Princess'

3. Kids standing on or near my lawn

4. Rims that cost more than fukboy's 2006 Ford Focus

5. Fat Girl Selfie Angle Dating Pics, while demanding a man with at least 250K salary, 6-4 and up and hung like Ron Jeremy

6. Gus Johnson rubbing one out to 'The world famous Ohio State Buckeyes'
Sweet Jesus this was funny!

Ok, wasnt there for the first pages, but dialed the current page and saw the grievances and had to back track to 1st.
dis gon b gud GIF

Would of, could of, should of

Prolly

Mute point

We comin

LITERALLY

In general, any crime against the English language.

had an 8+ footer in the yard last year (my house backs up to open space full of all the stuff these things eat)

tried to kill it with a flathead & it was like trying to cut a 4" thick leather strap in two. except the snake slithered & made insanely evil noises.

too close to neighbors for a shotgun, unfortunately

the battle of man vs beast persists
Get the pistol that shoots .410 shells. Works great if you can find the dam ammo. Or just a .410.

Been trying to find a used one for my wife to shoot those type things with but they are impossible to find. $800 for a new single shot 410 is nuts.

Reactions: king_kong_
traffic engineers who like things such as:
‘Back-in’ parking spots
Round-abouts everywhere
Access points to corner stores a half mile down the road
Oh and there are so many more…

Also, pedestrians who walk wherever without even bothering to look to see if there are cars coming.

And people or cars that try to zip behind you when you are clearly backing out of a parking spot

And of course people who speed up to block you when you are either trying to pass or to change lanes, etc

And the cost of cars, insurance, registration, maintenance and repair. If Omaha didn’t have such suckass public transport I would gladly have no car

Idiots from California.

They turned their state into a flaming pile of shit, so they move. Then attempt to turn their new state into a flaming pile of shit.

Idiots who say something "triggered them" so they can justify acting like a flaming bag of shit.

Morbidly obese fat people who, instead of admitting they have zero self-control in the kitchen, try to turn the tables and claim they are being fat shamed or are being treated unfairly because some business or location isn't catering to their fat ass.

Dudes that can't win at a sport so they tuck their weeny and compete against women to stroke their ego. Those dudes are weak ass bitches.

Snowflakes bitches that cry about everything because they were raised to think the world revolves around them.

HOAs and those obnoxious A-hole Condo Commandos. Get a life.

Pedophiles. I hope they all die a horrible and grotesque death.

Murderers, rapists and anyone else on death row. Kill em already. What are they waiting for? Stop wasting my tax dollars on these worthless pieces of shit.

The Church of Scientology. I hope it all burns to the ground.

Unions.

Last edited:
Reactions: HBK4life
traffic engineers who like things such as:
‘Back-in’ parking spots
Round-abouts everywhere
Access points to corner stores a half mile down the road
Oh and there are so many more…

Also, pedestrians who walk wherever without even bothering to look to see if there are cars coming.

And people or cars that try to zip behind you when you are clearly backing out of a parking spot

And of course people who speed up to block you when you are either trying to pass or to change lanes, etc

And the cost of cars, insurance, registration, maintenance and repair. If Omaha didn’t have such suckass public transport I would gladly have no car
And the person who drives around everyone to the front of the line when merging during a lane closure. And the person who lets them cut in.

I have one more…for now.

Why does my sprinkler system HAVE to have something wrong with it, somewhere, every damn spring I turn it on?! It’s the Ben Simmons of underground sprinkler systems.

• Sad
Bicyclists that clog up a two lane street when there are are perfectly good bike trails nearby.

Cyclists have the exact same right to that road as you and your car....but for arguments sake...what if he's riding to said trail...or the trail doesn't go where he or she needs to go?? Having said that, I'd encourage fellow cyclists to stay off busy streets, I do....but if they so deaire, it is legal.

People who have a seasonal job but go on unemployment in winter when jobs are available.

People who go on unemployment every winter but complain about people on welfare/food stamps.

Cyclists have the exact same right to that road as you and your car....but for arguments sake...what if he's riding to said trail...or the trail doesn't go where he or she needs to go?? Having said that, I'd encourage fellow cyclists to stay off busy streets, I do....but if they so deaire, it is legal.
Cyclists should travel within 10 mph of the speed limit on the road.

Reactions: RedBaloneyPony
Cyclists should travel within 10 mph of the speed limit on the road.

Don't think the law states that...and do you Karen to all the drivers you see disobeying traffic laws?

Like I said...I wouldn't ride where I see some cyclists ride..when I see em I hope they stay safe....I was hit by a car doin 50...and four years later, and four surgeries later, here I am...so I have some skin in this game to say the least...but if the cyclist is obeying traffic laws, how hard is it to lift off the accelerator and pass when it's safe and how much did they really set you back? Nothing. It isn't worth getting excited about.

Last edited:
Reactions: aNUstart
They have also the right to choose less crowded places to ride. Riding slowly on busy two lane roads is dangerous. I disagree about passing. It can be quite difficult and dangerous to pass bicyclists on two lane roads.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
They have also the right to choose less crowded places to ride. Riding slowly on busy two lane roads is dangerous. I disagree about passing. It can be quite difficult and dangerous to pass bicyclists on two lane roads.

I don't disagree with what you said, but next time you see a cyclist(s) it takes zero time out of your day to lift, let nature take its course, and pass when you can, and let the cyclist live to see another day. In the end, you'll get to where you're going in the same amount of time and who knows, maybe you'll save the cyclist 4 years of agony and surgeries and PT etc etc.

My biggest driving pet peeves are:

I'm gonna steal @Mack In Motion s "Elmers", waving at me on the highways when I'm like half a car length away. Mr freaking Magoo......if you are waiting to see my face before you wave, then don't wave. You don't know me and I don't know you. I hate when I wave and I end up waving at the brake lights of your car because you wave when the engine compartments are right on top of each other. I have in fact stopped this whole waving shit on the road because of you morons.

On Nebraska highways the speed limit for the most part is 60 freaking 5. Do it. Or...go 55. 60 isn't saving you on gas and 60 makes it harder to pass you as highways are two laned. Do us both a favor, save yourself some gas and give me the cushion to pass you, or go the speed limit....for the love of God, PLEASE! I appreciate that 60 MPH was blazing it back in your day, but road speeds are mostly determined by road engineers. Topography, material of the road itself, and handling of modern vehicles.

Cyclists on the road when there is a sidewalk available.....now, I understand if there are no sidewalks or bike trails. I don't understand why the laws don't have these contraptions using the sidewalks. This is something I'd be willing to start a petition over honestly. We just need to widen the sidewalks and the motor way should have right of way at intersections. For one it is far easier to spot a motor vehicle than a cyclist. For two, and most importantly, a motor vehicle with hundreds of horses of power has a much higher chance of destroying a human being than someone running over someone else with a bicycle on the sidewalk. And the most RELEVANT reason, it is much harder to stop a heavier and faster mass in motion than a lighter and slower mass in motion. THIS IF F'ING BASIC PHYSICS WE ALL LEARNED IN HIGHSCHOOL.

Parking in 2 stalls because you feel it's ok and don't want to get your vehicle scratched. If you have a museum piece in pristine condition, I can understand. Otherwise you're a douchebag and deserve to have some crazy ass Weimaraner jump all over the side panels with their claws.

Reactions: Long Time Lurker
Cyclists on the road when there is a sidewalk available.....now, I understand if there are no sidewalks or bike trails. I don't understand why the laws don't have these contraptions using the sidewalks. This is something I'd be willing to start a petition over honestly. We just need to widen the sidewalks and the motor way should have right of way at intersections. For one it is far easier to spot a motor vehicle than a cyclist. For two, and most importantly, a motor vehicle with hundreds of horses of power has a much higher chance of destroying a human being than someone running over someone else with a bicycle on the sidewalk. And the most RELEVANT reason, it is much harder to stop a heavier and faster mass in motion than a lighter and slower mass in motion. THIS IF F'ING BASIC PHYSICS WE ALL LEARNED IN HIGHSCHOOL.
Pretty sure that's a no-no riding on the sidewalk. You probably know that I'm just saying. Its unfortunate that there are dooshy bike riders, but lets be honest, there's as many people driving a vehicle who are the same.

Pretty sure that's a no-no riding on the sidewalk. You probably know that I'm just saying. Its unfortunate that there are dooshy bike riders, but lets be honest, there's as many people driving a vehicle who are the same.
Oh yeah, I listed a few douchey drivers. When it comes to bicycles and motor vehicles, to me, it's not about being a douche, it's about what is the worst possible outcome of collision between a cyclist/pedestrian and cyclist/200 plus horse powered 2 ton block of material.

Oh yeah, I listed a few douchey drivers. When it comes to bicycles and motor vehicles, to me, it's not about being a douche, it's about what is the worst possible outcome of collision between a cyclist/pedestrian and cyclist/200 plus horse powered 2 ton block of material.
I Understand.
I realize its WAAAAY too much to ask people to be responsible especially now a days when their time and cellphone is so much more important than the life of another human being.
I've been in both positions. I've also been hit by a car passing me as a cyclist that HAD to know it hit me yet kept going. Even as I was sliding along the pavement ripping up my arms, legs and chest.
I guess I always tried to put other people first in both positions because as my papa once told me, its not YOU you have to watch out for. Its the other person.
Anyway. Just banter I don't necessarily disagree with you.

The sidewalks aren’t a horrible option for kids and such but on a road bike doing 20-25 ours sidewalks aren’t meant for that type of speed.

1) illegit handicap parking
2) bad parking overall as in can’t place it between the lines or sticks out too far
3) the guy who tries to back into a spot and is unqualified to do so.
4) Walmart greeter checking your receipt. I’ve got to do your job for you and self check, and then am suspected of stealing too?
5) jerk in my neighborhood who fusses because he thinks cars driving 25 mph down the street is too fast while walking halfway in the middle of the street.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Try shopping at Walmart the first of the month, all the deadbeats just got their government money they are like hoards of locusts that reek of Bo and cigarettes
I would appreciate a PSA when welfare money goes out so I can plan accordingly

Pedestrians that cross the street not in the crosswalk while staring at their phones yet somehow seem to become perturbed with me when I lay on the horn and scream obscenities at them.

Also, jerks that walk through the airport or down the street staring at their phones oblivious to the world and expect me to move out of their way. Nope, not any more I don't.

1) illegit handicap parking
2) bad parking overall as in can’t place it between the lines or sticks out too far
3) the guy who tries to back into a spot and is unqualified to do so.
4) Walmart greeter checking your receipt. I’ve got to do your job for you and self check, and then am suspected of stealing too?
5) jerk in my neighborhood who fusses because he thinks cars driving 25 mph down the street is too fast while walking halfway in the middle of the street.

Number 4.

They don't check mine, I just walk on past. There is no contractual obligation to prove ownership of anything to them. It's your cheap piece of Chinese crap at that point.
I'll show them my receipt when I bring it back because it imploded on first time use.

Number 3:
Guys who own a scaled down monster truck but don't know how to drive them. They also tend to be very aggressive drivers. The 'get out of my way' types.

The creme de la creme.
Women (usually) who think they have something to offer in the conversation, who want to 'educate' everyone in the captive audience, or too polite to run away. Annunciation like a kindergarten teacher, uses wide physical gestures, and words they don't understand or thought they did, but they're just mimicking someone they admire.
Most of the time they have no clue what they are talking about. Even if they do, it's still this superior, know-it-all attitude that makes for strong cringe.

I need to be fair and add a guy's thing.
Anyone who did or was in the production of a TedTalks.

Books that should have ended after 100 pages but keeps rattling on for 200.

Last edited:
Reactions: drubendall
Idiots from California.

They turned their state into a flaming pile of shit, so they move. Then attempt to turn their new state into a flaming pile of shit.

Idiots who say something "triggered them" so they can justify acting like a flaming bag of shit.

Morbidly obese fat people who, instead of admitting they have zero self-control in the kitchen, try to turn the tables and claim they are being fat shamed or are being treated unfairly because some business or location isn't catering to their fat ass.

Dudes that can't win at a sport so they tuck their weeny and compete against women to stroke their ego. Those dudes are weak ass bitches.

Snowflakes bitches that cry about everything because they were raised to think the world revolves around them.

HOAs and those obnoxious A-hole Condo Commandos. Get a life.

Pedophiles. I hope they all die a horrible and grotesque death.

Murderers, rapists and anyone else on death row. Kill em already. What are they waiting for? Stop wasting my tax dollars on these worthless pieces of shit.

The Church of Scientology. I hope it all burns to the ground.

Unions.

Especially, just general poor manners driving.

Mine involves driving. When you're looking to turn into a road and a car driving on the road sees you looking to get in and floors it so you can't pull in. To make it worse, majority of the time they see you're not going to pull in they let off the gas and slow down intentionally so you can't pull into the space they made while speeding up.

Don't think the law states that...and do you Karen to all the drivers you see disobeying traffic laws?

Like I said...I wouldn't ride where I see some cyclists ride..when I see em I hope they stay safe....I was hit by a car doin 50...and four years later, and four surgeries later, here I am...so I have some skin in this game to say the least...but if the cyclist is obeying traffic laws, how hard is it to lift off the accelerator and pass when it's safe and how much did they really set you back? Nothing. It isn't worth getting excited about.
I agree with your thoughts but in the end...Bike vs Car always ends the same exact way...so the smart advice would be to stay off the streets.

I am worried about sharks but I have the same right to the ocean as sharks...but since I don't want to get eaten by one, I avoid the ocean.

At the gym...people that fill up a water bottle at the fountain.

People that are younger than me...because they get to do so much fun shit that I no longer get to do as often!

People that always wanted to wait to go out until like 10pm...

Notices that we should all feel guilty for not going the extra mile to avoid motorcyclists.
90 percent of them have no business being on the road. They speed, break every rule imaginable, pull wheelies in the middle of two lanes etc.
But it's your fault if they get in an accident.

• Love
Reactions: SuperBigFan
Notices that we should all feel guilty for not going the extra mile to avoid motorcyclists.
90 percent of them have no business being on the road. They speed, break every rule imaginable, pull wheelies in the middle of two lanes etc.
But it's your fault if they get in an accident.
How about the motorcyclist that drive 2 deep with 1 of them right on the line? Those people can crash and burn as far as I'm concerned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT