ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pet Peeves Redux

We have that in spades around here. Had a pile up and some kid got a boo boo so now the neighborhood Karen is trying to get them banned. Gheesh.
Hey I live in rural area by small town. I remember 10+ years ago they threatened me with a ticket for driving my 4wheeler in to town to get parts while irrigating from south to north of town. I thought total bs. Now golf carts all over town. When gas prices jumped everyone thought side by sides and golf carts cheaper. Truth is they're just funner/more fun. Mpg better in vehicle.

Long story short it depends. Slow streets in greater Nebraska fine. Busy streets of urban Nebraska probably not

Reactions: Baxter48
Nothing else to talk about around here.

I got two…both involving any gas station/convenience store.

1) Always gonna be the scratch off turds holding up the line. I love the way they pick out tickets like they are John Nash busting a code.

2) The “manager” acting like he/she is busy with some spreadsheet in the backroom you can see or the next register while the line is 10 deep on the one open register. Newsflash…you ain’t Billy Beane crunching numbers. Please just let me pay for my beer and go.

Starting sentences with "So ... "

Use of "Hey" instead of hello. To me it's just being lazy.

Coaches who insist on only five man pass protection.

Reactions: otismotis08
Starting sentences with "So ... "

Use of "Hey" instead of hello. To me it's just being lazy.

Coaches who insist on only five man pass protection.
Especially when starting sentences with "so..." when they were supposed to be responding to a yes/no question. Probably learned from politicians.

Here's another one: Why do refrigerator ice makers always kick out 1-2 more ice cubes AFTER you've pulled out?

Spent many days and nights on the Welles Park baseball fields, served on the board there for a few years.

Ah good place. I think I read that they canceled the fireworks show there or something? I was back in Nebraska for over the 4th, so I may be wrong. The Square fest though was great

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT