ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pet Peeves Redux

PeliniTheCrutch

Defensive Coordinator
Jul 4, 2016
Nothing else to talk about around here.

I got two…both involving any gas station/convenience store.

1) Always gonna be the scratch off turds holding up the line. I love the way they pick out tickets like they are John Nash busting a code.

2) The “manager” acting like he/she is busy with some spreadsheet in the backroom you can see or the next register while the line is 10 deep on the one open register. Newsflash…you ain’t Billy Beane crunching numbers. Please just let me pay for my beer and go.

1) Always gonna be the scratch off turds holding up the line. I love the way they pick out tickets like they are John Nash busting a code.

2) The “manager” acting like he/she is busy with some spreadsheet in the backroom you can see or the next register while the line is 10 deep on the one open register. Newsflash…you ain’t Billy Beane crunching numbers. Please just let me pay for my beer and go.
Both accurate and on my list as well.

Mine is when people don't answer the question asked. Example.

Mr. Salamanca - Did you just trip Chad?

Dick Head Student - He cut in front of me in line.

Mr. Salamanca - I didn't ask what Chad did, Dick.

1. Hypocrisy in general
2. Really Obese people smoking cigarettes
3. The Pronoun movement
4. Giant Trucks with Balls on the back
5. Gaslighters (a form of psychological manipulation in which the abuser attempts to sow self-doubt and confusion in their victim's mind.)

1. Hypocrisy in general
2. Really Obese people smoking cigarettes
3. The Pronoun movement
4. Giant Trucks with Balls on the back
5. Gaslighters (a form of psychological manipulation in which the abuser attempts to sow self-doubt and confusion in their victim's mind.)
Not to change this subject but I still find #4 to be funny. Almost as funny as a sign I saw on the passenger door of a sedan. It read....

Ass, Grass or cash, no body rides for free.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch

The lack of uniformity on which side is up on a USB cable port. Daily conundrum.

Yep and yep!

My recent driving pet peeve is people who don't use turn lanes until the last possible second. They kind of gradually wander over, slowing to a crawl while half of their vehicle blocks the thru lane. Then at the very end, they throw on their turn signal as they finally pull TF out of the way and let traffic proceed.

Reactions: Jeremara and Laner2
My wife's insane idea that she refuses to compromise on... that I already own enough bikes and don't need another one.

All oilfield wide really. Halliburton was even personal vehicles in the company parking lot.
That is what I am talking about, personal vehicles. At the corporate HQ, I am not sure there was even any chemicals onsite. They had a credit union on the campus, and people were backing in to park there as well.

Reactions: IM4NUalways
People who shout into cell phones in crowded places. And it is always bragging. My niece won the state championship. I made a killing on that penny stock. We took the stewardess' up to my room, they were hot.

It is never bad stuff. My niece got arrested for hooking. I lost my shirt on that investment. They were hot, but I couldn't get it up.

People who shout into cell phones in crowded places. And it is always bragging. My niece won the state championship. I made a killing on that penny stock. We took the stewardess' up to my room, they were hot.

It is never bad stuff. My niece got arrested for hooking. I lost my shirt on that investment. They were hot, but I couldn't get it up.
Agree, it is 2023, get some ear buds, or Hell even the over the ear walkman style headphones. I don't need or want to hear about you problems or successes.

Reactions: IM4NUalways
People with an elabaorate coffee or tea routine who get their drink and then spend an eternity performing their mixology while blocking access to the coffee/drink for those who just want it straight

Get your drink and move aside to perform your beverage artistry

Close second - those who get to the cashier and then have to fish around for their wallet in their purse or pockets like they are surprised the store is actually asking for payment

People with an elabaorate coffee or tea routine who get their drink and then spend an eternity performing their mixology while blocking access to the coffee for those who just want it black

Get your drink and move aside to perform your beverage artistry

Close second - those who get to the cashier and then have to fish around for their wallet in their purse or pockets like they are surprised the store is actually asking for payment
Beverage Artistry...good band name.

Reactions: Redmich
1. Not getting a receipt at the pump for gas when you need one for work, and then have to go stand in the long line and deal with the pet peeves noted by the OP.
2. Waiting for person in front of you to quit checking their phone and go after the light turns green
3. People driving 30 MPH above the limit while on their phone
4. People driving 30 MPH under the limit while on their phone

Those suckers are mean. I tossed a rock at one once walking my dog and it chased us. I outran my dog. Hate snakes!!:oops:
big time

I've done a lot of work to try and keep them out of my yard, but, alas...

hey, at least they kill the rattlers (or so they say)

Reactions: Catch50

Showing up on time for a 2:00 doctor's appointment, and then sitting and waiting.

I give them 10 minutes, then I go to the desk and say, either the doctor sees me in the next 10 minutes or I'm leaving to my dentist appointment that's scheduled for 2:45.

TIP: They "find" a way to get you in.

I’ll add people don’t park after finished filling up they stay at the pump walk inside take a crap buy food and a drink plus scratch off tickets so I drive on to the next place

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT