ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pet Peeves Redux

The golf cart is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

I'm the original get off my lawn guy but could not disagree more. I think they should be having Friday night races with em and figuring out how to soup em up and making jumps out of their dads lumber and going full send.

I'm the original get off my lawn guy but could not disagree more. I think they should be having Friday night races with em and figuring out how to soup em up and making jumps out of their dads lumber and going full send.
Do poor kids have more authentic fun than suburban kids? I think so. They nail together some sheets of plywood and have backyard brawls. Looks like a lot of fun.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Do poor kids have more authentic fun than suburban kids? I think so. They nail together some sheets of plywood and have backyard brawls. Looks like a lot of fun.
Yeah but there was always at least one rich kid who had F'n WON(not bought) a Formula 1 Pennzoil go-kart and let you beat on it a little bit before he selfishly took it away. So, that was fun.
Of course we didn't ride it in the MIDDLE OF THE STREET, we rode it over in the church parking lot. Mainly in fear of a belt whoopin.

It's all fun and games until you take those sheets of plywood and nails and build themselves a submersible, complete with an Atari joystick, then charge people $250k to check out the Titanic.

When people say “Happy 4th”.

Every nation has a July 4. We have Independence Day.

Do we say “Merry December 25th” or “Happy fourth Thursday in November”?

Im going to give my wife a February 14th day card next year. Then we are thinking about a vacation to Ireland to celebrate March 17th day.

Im going to give my wife a February 14th day card next year. Then we are thinking about a vacation to Ireland to celebrate March 17th day.
Hun, I think you might be overreacting a tad.

Merry Christmas is wonderful.

Happy 4th is awesome.

I think some of the language has it's background in England - English

Some things get lost in translation as you come across the pond

Reactions: Spectrumalaska

200w.gif

Independence Day Usa GIF

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
Why do auto manufacturers still make cars with turn signals? Nobody ever uses them here in CO……well, except me.

Why do auto manufacturers still make cars with turn signals? Nobody ever uses them here in CO……well, except me.
Sure they do. They throw the turn signal on after they’ve nearly come to a dead stop and started their turn. You know - to confirm what they just did.

Mine are Chicago based:

1. Anyone that drives a Nissan, especially a Nissan sedan

2. Folks that use either turning lane to speed up and cut ahead of the first car at the traffic light as it turns green (usually a side-swiped dented Nissan with only one mirror)

3. Roads like Pulaski that are miles and miles long that give no indication whether it’s meant for two lanes or just one, so it’s constantly cut and be cut off

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Mine are Chicago based:

1. Anyone that drives a Nissan, especially a Nissan sedan

2. Folks that use either turning lane to speed up and cut ahead of the first car at the traffic light as it turns green (usually a side-swiped dented Nissan with only one mirror)

3. Roads like Pulaski that are miles and miles long that give no indication whether it’s meant for two lanes or just one, so it’s constantly cut and be cut off
From a guy who lives three blocks west of Pulaski @ Addison, I concur. Except I’d say Camry.

Reactions: MikeRileyGBR
Mine is… people text you, you IMMEDIATELY respond and then crickets back….. you STARTED IT!!! Finish it!!!😂

Reactions: drubendall
1. People who drive slow in the passing lane. Lead, follow or GTFO of the way!!
2. People who think supposably is a word. It's supposedly!!
3. Texting at stoplights and not paying attention. You get 2 seconds then you get the horn!!
Funny you mention the horn, here in the DR as soon as the light turns green people start blowing their horns... cars 15 rows back even join in. You never need to look at the light to see what color it is, the people will let you know. P.S. Some of the worst drivers in the world.

Reactions: king_kong_
From a guy who lives three blocks west of Pulaski @ Addison, I concur. Except I’d say Camry.

Oooh yeah. It’s the absolute worst from like Foster, and even Bryn Mawr, on down to Diversey. For reference I’m over on the east end of Albany Park

Last edited:
Reactions: mel mains
Wave on guy. You both arrive at opposing stop signs at the intersection. For whatever reason, some people give you a little wave on to go. even if they arrived at their stop sign first, and have the right of way according to the rules of the road. I don’t need you directing traffic Mr. wave on guy.
To add on to this, They wave you on so you start to pull out, but they didn't think you saw them, so they pull out and now you have to stop again and you both sit there waving each other through. What should have took two seconds now is taking two minutes.

… add on to this, They wave you on so you start to pull out, but they didn't think you saw them, so they pull out and now you have to stop again and you both sit there waving each other through. What should have took two seconds now is taking two minutes.
A wave on guy almost killed me…..seriously… waved a car though a two lane string right into my path… police said if i would have been a half second earlier would have been disastrous for me

Group texts are the most irritating thing on the planet.
Invariably, 2 morons will start having a private back and forth, but instead of moving to a new (private) text, they continue to subject everyone in the group to their conversation that literally nobody else cares about.

Also, that a-hole who drives 20 mph below the speed limit, then speeds up when you try to pass him.

Group texts are the most irritating thing on the planet.
Invariably, 2 morons will start having a private back and forth, but instead of moving to a new (private) text, they continue to subject everyone in the group to their conversation that literally nobody else cares about.

Also, that a-hole who drives 20 mph below the speed limit, then speeds up when you try to pass him.
Left lane slow drivers… the official driver of Oklahoma

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT