ADVERTISEMENT

OT, I got the Rona

Why don't you research the reason, why physicians wear masks, why surgeons wear masks during surgery. Maybe you could even come back with the results of studies that have measured infection rates of surgeons with and without masks?

Thats not how this works. You told me there was a reason other than pandemic virus why practitioners aren’t wearing masks. The onus is on you to prove your assertion.

GBRforlife1: “Hey I got a secret, why don’t you figure out what it is?”

• Haha
Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
The problem with your assessment is this: If masks work for stopping viruses, how come drs and Healthcare workers didn't wear masks prior to this virus? Influenza A and B is deadly to elderly and other classes of co-morbity individuals. But not one dr or nurse, last year in 2019 wore a damn mask when seeing my daughter who had flu-B. Nor did they wear one when they went to next room to evaluate the next person. So tell me why is that ok?
Vaccinations

I understand. When (if) you come down with Covid-19 can we assume you won't go to the ER at overextended hospital? Best you suck it up at home to weather the storm and stand for what is (in your opinion) what is right.
You can assume whatever you like. You've already demonstrated that you will no matter how disjointed it is from reality. 99% of people don't go to the hospital for Corona

Reactions: OzzyLvr
So your logic is that the precautions stop all the other viruses just not the coronavirus that causes covid?

That doesn't make any sense.
In fairness, influenza viruses are larger than coronaviruses so masks would theoretically be more effective against them.

In fairness, influenza viruses are larger than coronaviruses so masks would theoretically be more effective against them.
If the efficacy was based on the size of the virus and the ability of the mask to capture it. Which would pretty much shoot down everybody wearing homemade cloth masks. But even prior to this year all the studies show that masks don't stop influenza.

Thats not how this works. You told me there was a reason other than pandemic virus why practitioners aren’t wearing masks. The onus is on you to prove your assertion.

GBRforlife1: “Hey I got a secret, why don’t you figure out what it is?”
It's not my job to educate you. I gave you plenty of things that you can research if you're so able and interested.

But throwing up some garbage correlation and then claiming it's proof is ridiculous.

If the efficacy was based on the size of the virus and the ability of the mask to capture it. Which would pretty much shoot down everybody wearing homemade cloth masks. But even prior to this year all the studies show that masks don't stop influenza.
Agreed that cloth masks are silly. N95s work reasonably well against influenza and coronaviruses though, with some studies showing that they are actually more effective against the smaller virus.

Can I assume from you response that you don’t have any formal medical training or knowledge?

you can assume anything you want.

If you want to believe masks and social distancing have dismantled the flu. You’re free to believe that. I’m sure you’ll even be rewarded for believing that nonsense with a litany of useless articles written by “experts”.

There’s no point even trying to convince you, you’ve been fooled. The systems rewards you for your adherence to authority.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Will we be required to take the covid vaccine every year?
The flu shot is not a vaccine because it doesn't keep you from getting the flu. Too many strains. A vaccine would shut down influenza correct? Hasn't abated on bit..

So if someone is going to piss on you and you are offered a blanket that prevents half of the piss from hitting you and then they also take a blanket that stops half of the piss from hitting your blanket, resulting in only 1/4 of the piss hitting you, you are going to say no thanks, blankets don’t stop piss and are worthless?

Then we take it a step further and say both of you use blankets then step more than 6 feet apart and you won’t get any piss on you, well except for what you dribble on yourself.

Will we be required to take the covid vaccine every year?
The flu shot is not a vaccine because it doesn't keep you from getting the flu. Too many strains. A vaccine would shut down influenza correct? Hasn't abated on bit..

Vaccines are a tool to slow the flu, I’ve gotten the vaccine 14 of the last 15 years, guess which year I got the flu?

Reactions: GBRforLife1
you can assume anything you want.

If you want to believe masks and social distancing have dismantled the flu. You’re free to believe that. I’m sure you’ll even be rewarded for believing that nonsense with a litany of useless articles written by “experts”.

There’s no point even trying to convince you, you’ve been fooled. The systems rewards you for your adherence to authority.
According to statistics heart disease and cancer deaths are way down, did they find a cure? am I missing something?

The media lacks credentials but yet they spew out nonsense

I just can’t even imagine the level of ignorance it takes to see the CDC as media and that they lack credentials. Also to see reporting raw data as “spewing nonsense”.

I just can’t even imagine the level of ignorance it takes to see the CDC as media and that they lack credentials. Also to see reporting raw data as “spewing nonsense”.

Go hide in your basement. We get it, you’re scared and you need the CDC to help you. Quit arguing with this guy. His dogmatic belief in authority supersedes your common sense

So if someone is going to piss on you and you are offered a blanket that prevents half of the piss from hitting you and then they also take a blanket that stops half of the piss from hitting your blanket, resulting in only 1/4 of the piss hitting you, you are going to say no thanks, blankets don’t stop piss and are worthless?

Then we take it a step further and say both of you use blankets then step more than 6 feet apart and you won’t get any piss on you, well except for what you dribble on yourself.
Imagine thinking this analogy is valid.

Tell me, when you pass gas how well do your underwear and pants hold it in?

You mean the same CDC that chose to recommend younger people get vaccinated before older ones even though the older population is at a much higher risk?

You have an incredible level of talking out of your ass without knowing anything. Bored up there in Minnesota, Nebraska_Reality? Go play in a snow pile.

According to statistics heart disease and cancer deaths are way down, did they find a cure? am I missing something?
According to which statistics? The CDC?

Just trying to understand which stats we believe and don't.

And the CDC is also saying we should expect an increase of 400k deaths this year compared to last. Should we accept that one as well?

Vaccines are a tool to slow the flu, I’ve gotten the vaccine 14 of the last 15 years, guess which year I got the flu?
I've gotten the flu vaccine every year for the past 20 plus years. I've had influenza 3 times during that time period and twice it turned in to pneumonia. For an asthmatic like me, there's a fair chance that influenza would have been fatal to me without the vaccine but vaccination is no guarantee. It's just like masks are no guarantee. They may help mitigate some risk, but that's about it.

I couldn't help but smirk when I read the story about a 69 year old former teacher who had a really rough go with COVID. He posts on Facebook that "the county HAS to pass mask mandates" and adds his picture in his hospital bed with nasal Oxygen cannulaes. Then he adds, "I wore a mask all the time and I have no idea where I got the virus". ...... HMMMM. Maybe the social distancing part of the equation is at least as important as the wearing a mask part. I've known the guy for decades and I guarantee you that he would not have been caught dead within 6 feet of somebody who wasn't wearing a "mask".

So your logic is that the precautions stop all the other viruses just not the coronavirus that causes covid?

That doesn't make any sense.

Honest question, do you think washing hands, distancing, and masks help in any way with reducing the transmission of COVID? Or any virus for that matter.

I've gotten the flu vaccine every year for the past 20 plus years. I've had influenza 3 times during that time period and twice it turned in to pneumonia. For an asthmatic like me, there's a fair chance that influenza would have been fatal to me without the vaccine but vaccination is no guarantee. It's just like masks are no guarantee. They may help mitigate some risk, but that's about it.

I couldn't help but smirk when I read the story about a 69 year old former teacher who had a really rough go with COVID. He posts on Facebook that "the county HAS to pass mask mandates" and adds his picture in his hospital bed with nasal Oxygen cannulaes. Then he adds, "I wore a mask all the time and I have no idea where I got the virus". ...... HMMMM. Maybe the social distancing part of the equation is at least as important as the wearing a mask part. I've known the guy for decades and I guarantee you that he would not have been caught dead within 6 feet of somebody who wasn't wearing a "mask".
At this point it should be obvious to everyone that this thing is passing via fomites more than through aerosols. If not, mask mandates would have been much more effective.

Honest question, do you think washing hands, distancing, and masks help in any way with reducing the transmission of COVID? Or any virus for that matter.
Masks would be a lot more effective if people weren't always touching them, but thats like saying people wouldn't die in car wrecks if everyone was a perfect driver. It's not a realistic expectation.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
At this point it should be obvious to everyone that this thing is passing via fomites more than through aerosols. If not, mask mandates would have been much more effective.
I wouldn't call that obvious at all. I think it happens, but IMO aerosols are still more imporant. I will note that the guy I shared the story about has a shaved head.....and a great big full beard. There's no chance that a mask was giving him much protection. Shave the damned beards guys. Wear a decent mask and keep your damned distance from people. Masks give people WAY too much of a false sense of security.

I wouldn't call that obvious at all. I think it happens, but IMO aerosols are still more imporant. I will note that the guy I shared the story about has a shaved head.....and a great big full beard. There's no chance that a mask was giving him much protection. Shave the damned beards guys. Wear a decent mask and keep your damned distance from people. Masks give people WAY too much of a false sense of security.
I just don't think most people are really getting that close to people for a long enough period of time to pick up much viral load from their breath. Conversely, someone touches their mask that is saturated in covid snot, then grabs the handle on the Walmart freezer, and 20 seconds later you grab the same handle. Oh damn, your glasses fogged up so you have to touch your mask to pull it down off of your nose.

Reactions: dinglefritz
If masks work, then technically they’re contaminated.
Why aren’t there biohazard bins outside in public?
If they stop the virus, aren’t they increasing your viral load, if you’re infected?

If masks work, then technically they’re contaminated.
Why aren’t there biohazard bins outside in public?
If they stop the virus, aren’t they increasing your viral load, if you’re infected?
Forcing you to recirculate the virus right back into your lungs as opposed to expelling it into the air. Yeah, maximizing your exposure sounds like a brilliant idea.

Masks would be a lot more effective if people weren't always touching them, but thats like saying people wouldn't die in car wrecks if everyone was a perfect driver. It's not a realistic expectation.
So you believe masks have some level of effectiveness?

I just don't think most people are really getting that close to people for a long enough period of time to pick up much viral load from their breath. Conversely, someone touches their mask that is saturated in covid snot, then grabs the handle on the Walmart freezer, and 20 seconds later you grab the same handle. Oh damn, your glasses fogged up so you have to touch your mask to pull it down off of your nose.
You make a valid point. However when I'm in the grocery store and some numbskull clerk with his fantasy cloth mask gets in my face such that I can smell his breath.....well there's yer sign. That's all it would take. Fomites are no doubt one potential source. Their persistence on surfaces with all of the sanitizers and disinfectants people are using is dramatically over stated. Cleaning chemicals leave residues that may last for days. The best estimate now at room temperature for Corona virus to remain infective is at maximum 3 hours. When I buy groceries that aren't easily disinfected I try to leave them in a safe spot at room temp for several hours before I tear in to them.

Reactions: hephusker
Can I assume from you response that you don’t have any formal medical training or knowledge?

Ima throw in with the world's leading infectious disease epidemiologists from Harvard, Yale, Stanford, and Oxford, along with thousands of others. But what do they know? Pfft.

My 84 year old uncle died right before xgiving this year. He had had leukimia and hodgkins disease for several years, he made it an extra year longer than his Doctors predicted, when he died they put down corona as cause of death which is an absolute lie, Ive had 2 other people I know who said the same situation happened with an elderly relative. the death numbers have to be greatly inflated, I dont even know first hand of someone who has even been hospitalized. The eye test is telling me the official narrative isnt even close to adding up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT