ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Bourbon drinkers?

78sv95.jpg
Finally found some Sazerac 6 year. I’ll give it a try this week. Paid $27 at Total Wine & More in California.

Couldn’t find any eagle rare 😒

Last edited:
But I did find some Sazerac. Total wine had four sections of rye. I swore I looked everything over at least three times. Was about to give up. Looked one last time. Then *BAM!* There it was! $30 for a fifth. Very delicious. I'm going to have to put everything into a spreadsheet one of these days.

zBVsj4zl.jpg

Buffalo Trace is my bourbon of choice....I also really appreciate Masterson's 10 year old Rye it has a great flavor...I have been nursing a bottle of that for a while...it is almost empty!

Buffalo Trace is my bourbon of choice....I also really appreciate Masterson's 10 year old Rye it has a great flavor...I have been nursing a bottle of that for a while...it is almost empty!
I’ve never cared for ryes. I like lots of Bourbons so maybe I just haven’t tasted a good rye.

I’ve never cared for ryes. I like lots of Bourbons so maybe I just haven’t tasted a good rye.
Appreciate your taste, bourbons are a little sweeter when comparing.
Enjoy everyone’s take on their favorites. Wished I would of payed more attention 45 years ago when I started my steakhouse and lounge business. Going on the bourbon trail this spring, get more education on the history.

Evan Williams is the king of value bourbon and Evan Williams BiB would smash Sazerac Rye in a blind testing for 95%+ of the population no doubt in my mind. Probably beat Buffalo Trace as well.
Haha your bar at home is full of Kirkland and Evan Williams.. I think I’ll pass on that invite 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: bigboxes
Haha your bar at home is full of Kirkland and Evan Williams.. I think I’ll pass on that invite 🤣

Kirkland Single Barrel still holding up very well against bourbons twice its price. Have a few recent barrel proof offerings from JD, EC, and others that are all very similar in quality. If you enjoy paying double, triple, or even more for an inferior product that is your prerogative. Smokin

Reactions: otismotis08
Kirkland Single Barrel still holding up very well against bourbons twice its price. Have a few recent barrel proof offerings from JD, EC, and others that are all very similar in quality. If you enjoy paying double, triple, or even more for an inferior product that is your prerogative. Smokin
I’m not a big 1792 fan.. if I was, I would buy Kirkland. I’ll stick to my Blanton’s.

Are you in Lincoln? I can't find Blanton's or any Buffalo Trace at any stores here. Have to order online for a higher price.
I am in Lincoln. I get it from The Still but I’m on a list where they email each time they have it in stock. Not sure if they even still add people to it.

It’s worth a shot though. Email info@thestill.com and ask to be placed on the list.

Reactions: HBK4life
I am in Lincoln. I get it from The Still but I’m on a list where they email each time they have it in stock. Not sure if they even still add people to it.

It’s worth a shot though. Email info@thestill.com and ask to be placed on the list.
Thanks. If you read through this thread I posted a few articles on Buffalo Trace firing its national distributor and ramping up production. Hopefully it starts making its way to the shelves here in the Midwest.

Reactions: Greg Smith
Thanks. If you read through this thread I posted a few articles on Buffalo Trace firing its national distributor and ramping up production. Hopefully it starts making its way to the shelves here in the Midwest.
The regular Buffalo Trace is just as good as Blantons to me. Eagle Rare is better than both.

All good stuff. The Blanton's is kinda overpriced at the site I buy it at. Eagle Rare has been the best bang for the buck. Just bought a bottle of Bulleit for 30 bucks. Pretty solid bourbon for the price.
Blanton is hard to find in Omaha too..Buffalo Trace is hit and miss, been enjoying Elijah Craig the past couple of weeks..

Definitely need to purchase some of that Rabbit Hole.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT