ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Bourbon drinkers?

Just got a bottle of Bulleit at Walgreens. Saw it was on that list. Never tried. Only 30 bucks.

2022’s TOP 10 BEST SELLING AMERICAN WHISKEY BRANDS

1. Maker’s Mark
  2. Bulleit
  3. Buffalo Trace
  4. Michter’s
  5. Woodford Reserve
  6. Jack Daniel’s
  7. Wild Turkey
  8. Jim Beam
  9. Rittenhouse
  10. Elijah Craig
Wild Turkey. Dredges up a lot of good hs memories.

Ancient Age!
5eiXbJ2.gif
Haven't thought of that in ages. Right up there with Old Grandad and Ten High.
HjqFjQn.gif

Reactions: HBK4life
Finally got a new fifth of Buffalo Trace! Buddy and I went to Total Wine for some beer. We stop by the Scotch and the bourbon aisle. He asks the employee if they have some Glenfiddich. Nope. Been stiffed by the supplier for three weeks. I jokingly ask about Buffalo Trace since it always is in short supply. Delivered small quantities, usually during early mid-week. Employee points to shelf. They have 750ml, 1L and 1.75L. Limit 1. I don't want bigger than 750. Buddy gets his own fifth... and some Moosehead.

cWexPavh.jpg

Is this a serious post? That's literally a $20 mid-shelf whiskey. I think someone on these boards was all about Buffalo Trace when I was drinking quite a bit of bourbon around 10 years ago. I gave it a shot based on that and it was a very average bourbon in that price range. I tried pretty much every single bourbon under $30 back then. Now I have a little more disposable income and have begun sampling some of the higher budget bourbons under $100. Buffalo Trace has no business being discussed among some of those barrel proof selections. One of the best values right above that $30 mark is actually Costco's Kirkland Single Barrel at ~120 proof. It's even better than Blanton's and the fact that it comes in a 1L bottle just propels it way beyond many other bourbons 2-3x as expensive.

King of the $30 and under bourbons is Wild Turkey 101, hands down. If you're on a budget, Evan Williams is almost impossible to beat. I can still get it around $9 a bottle in California. I have probably said this before in this thread.

Is this a serious post? That's literally a $20 mid-shelf whiskey. I think someone on these boards was all about Buffalo Trace when I was drinking quite a bit of bourbon around 10 years ago. I gave it a shot based on that and it was a very average bourbon in that price range. I tried pretty much every single bourbon under $30 back then. Now I have a little more disposable income and have begun sampling some of the higher budget bourbons under $100. Buffalo Trace has no business being discussed among some of those barrel proof selections. One of the best values right above that $30 mark is actually Costco's Kirkland Single Barrel at ~120 proof. It's even better than Blanton's and the fact that it comes in a 1L bottle just propels it way beyond many other bourbons 2-3x as expensive.

King of the $30 and under bourbons is Wild Turkey 101, hands down. If you're on a budget, Evan Williams is almost impossible to beat. I can still get it around $9 a bottle in California. I have probably said this before in this thread.
🤣🤣🤣 @ Kirkland > Blanton’s. Your tastebuds are beyond repair.

What next? McDs > Mahogany?

Disagree, especially with the wild turkey 101. While I think their higher end brands are good I personally think the 101 sux, but that's JMO.

Just got a bottle of Bulleit at Walgreens. Saw it was on that list. Never tried. Only 30 bucks.

2022’s TOP 10 BEST SELLING AMERICAN WHISKEY BRANDS

1. Maker’s Mark
  2. Bulleit
  3. Buffalo Trace
  4. Michter’s
  5. Woodford Reserve
  6. Jack Daniel’s
  7. Wild Turkey
  8. Jim Beam
  9. Rittenhouse
  10. Elijah Craig
Michters? Rittenhouse?
I love me a nice neat glass of
Bourbon, and have never heard of those (yes I know the list says whiskey)

Maybe some will start to make it to the Midwest now that Buffalo Trace fired its national distributor.
I believe I paid 85 for the small batch and have only bought one bottle. Its pretty rare around here so I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. I can get BT, Eagle Rare, Sazerac, and Weller pretty easily. Taylor, Stagg, and Blantons is harder to come by for the most part.

Last edited:

the-dude-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.gif

• Haha
I believe I paid 85 for the small batch and have only bought one bottle. Its pretty rare around here so I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. I can get BT, Eagle Rare, Sazerac, and Weller pretty easily. Taylor, Stagg, and Blantons is harder to come by for the most part.
This is the mark up for not living where they sell anything from the Buffalo Trace distilleries in stores.

This is the mark up for not living where they sell anything from the Buffalo Trace distilleries in stores.

Not that bad considering. Like I said, Taylor is pretty difficult to find here so if you can get it for that I would. Its a really good bourbon IMO.

Not that bad considering. Like I said, Taylor is pretty difficult to find here so if you can get it for that I would. Its a really good bourbon IMO.
That and the Sazerac probably be my next order. That was only 40. I priced the Stagg and Elmer T Lee. The cheapest one was 360. The Van Winkle line. Holy hell. We're talking thousands and thousands.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
That and the Sazerac probably be my next order. That was only 40. I priced the Stagg and the cheapest one was 360. The Van Winkle line. Holy hell. We're talking thousands and thousands.
I'm a big fan of Sazerac, smooth stuff....

Disagree, especially with the wild turkey 101. While I think their higher end brands are good I personally think the 101 sux, but that's JMO.

It's for bourbon under $30, which I admittedly do not drink much of these days.

🤣🤣🤣 @ Kirkland > Blanton’s. Your tastebuds are beyond repair.

What next? McDs > Mahogany?

I have two bottles of Blanton's and have gone through two bottles of the Kirkland Single Barrel from this year. The Kirkland is easily better than the Blanton's I have. Perhaps it's just the single barrel draw, but I would bet the Kirkland easily wins a blind taste test. It just has a much more expressive nose and flavors than the Blanton's.

Ouch.. they charge around 40 at the distillery

• Angry
Which one? Their small batch is a great mixer at 22ish bucks. Their barrel proofs can go from good to amazing depending on the batch. And their toasted barrel is very very good.
I purchased the small batch but payed 29ish..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT