ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Bourbon drinkers?

Buffalo Trace is my favorite now and getting harder to purchase.. Can’t go wrong with Maker’s

Some more expensive bourbons that are very good are ANGELs Envy 43.3 alcohol and Eagle Rare..

Must suck living in your area. Bourbon is an easy get in my neck if the woods...

It's not bourbon.

Right. But bourbon is whiskey.

Bourbon Whiskey
Scotch Whiskey
Rye Whiskey
American Single Malt Whiskey

I love drinking whiskey, but am kind of meh as far as bourbon goes, as so many taste so similar.

So is Crown Royal and Seagrams7 and Windsor but neither of them are bourbon..

Not sure I follow the point you are trying to make.

Like I said in the post above, bourbon, scotch, rye, etc are all whiskey. That is why I replied to the poster that said “isn’t that whiskey”, that it is and that bourbon is also a whiskey. Not trying to say they are the same thing. Just that they are both whiskeys and being a whiskey isn’t why it isn’t a bourbon.

Yes, there are very specific rules that makes something bourbon: new oak barrels, aged at least a year, blah, blah, blah. That’s also why most bourbons taste the same (oak and brown sugar).

Cheers

Right. But bourbon is whiskey.

Bourbon Whiskey
Scotch Whiskey
Rye Whiskey
American Single Malt Whiskey

I love drinking whiskey, but am kind of meh as far as bourbon goes, as so many taste so similar.

I like all kinds of whiskey. The Scots spell it whisky, without an "e". I prefer Scotch to American whiskey. My favorite go to whiskey is Wild Turkey 101. It's a rye heavy whiskey. Buffalo Trace is an awesome bourbon, but the company doesn't make enough for demand. I'm not a fan of Jack Daniels. I do have a bottle of the classic Old No. 7. I also have some Jack Daniels Rye. If I had to pick my current fave bourbon, it would be Maker's 46. Yummy.

I like all kinds of whiskey. The Scots spell it whisky, without an "e". I prefer Scotch to American whiskey. My favorite go to whiskey is Wild Turkey 101. It's a rye heavy whiskey. Buffalo Trace is an awesome bourbon, but the company doesn't make enough for demand. I'm not a fan of Jack Daniels. I do have a bottle of the classic Old No. 7. I also have some Jack Daniels Rye. If I had to pick my current fave bourbon, it would be Maker's 46. Yummy.

Agree on all those, all great. If I had to list my favorites at the moment, I would probably go with;

Scotch: Talisker 10
American: Mitchners Unblended
Bourbon: Henry McKenna or Eagle Rare
Rye: Whistle Pig or High West

Honestly, if I’m buying a bourbon to just sip on and not share with company, I always keep a big bottle (1.75) of Evan Williams around. It is solid, classic bourbon profile and dirt cheap. I had a friend describe Evan Williams as the K-State of bourbon, because it has no business being as good as it is.

Last edited:
These are not my favorites by any means. I was just pulling them out to see what I had. They sit in the back behind others that I prefer. Just part of the collection. Still a cool shot.

sqcEfaOh.jpg

Reactions: headcard
Agree on all those, all great. If I had to list my favorites at the moment, I would probably go with;

Scotch: Talisker 10
American: Mitchners Unblended
Bourbon: Henry McKenna

Honestly, if I’m buying a bourbon to just sip on and not share with company, I always keep a big bottle (1.75) of Evan Williams around. It is solid, classic bourbon profile and dirt cheap. I had a friend describe Evan Williams as the K-State of bourbon, because it has no business being as good as it is.

Yes on the Evan Williams. I was off on Thursday and stopped by Total Wine asked if they had any Buffalo Trace. Whatever they got in they put out and was sold out the same day. Normally, I can't wait around just for a shipment of whiskey. I'm at work. It's not that important.

I have a 375 of Buffalo Trace that a co-worker gave me for Christmas. Still want a fifth of it.

ADVERTISEMENT