ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Bourbon drinkers?

Dingle I have 5 bottles of Blanton's I can part with for $1k. I'll throw in 2 bottles of Eagle Rare. All purchased at grocery stores and legit.
I’ve got 2 Blanton’s in my cupboard and one of those came direct from the distillery. I’m good for now but thanks😉

If I was to pick 1 over the other, which should i choose? Buffalo Trace or Blantons? My idea of a fine whiskey is Pendleton so I may be a little green in this discussion.

If I was to pick 1 over the other, which should i choose? Buffalo Trace or Blantons? My idea of a fine whiskey is Pendleton so I may be a little green in this discussion.
Buffalo trace is much easier to find, so I’d start there.. I was in Omaha last month visiting my folks and their local Hyvee had a few bottles behind the counter for $28ish. Both are made by Buffalo trace but a different mash bill.

That being said I’d take retail Blanton’s($60ish) over retail BT all day

Buffalo trace is much easier to find, so I’d start there.. I was in Omaha last month visiting my folks and their local Hyvee had a few bottles behind the counter for $28ish. Both are made by Buffalo trace but a different mash bill.

it sounds cooler too, I am one to judge a book by its cover

Latest purchase

• Love
Reactions: HBK4life
Scored a bottle of Woodford Master Collection at HyVee raffle this morning.
Nothing wrong with Woodford for sure. I have a bottle of I think reserve double oaked? Somewhere in the cupboard I think. That was tasty the last time I poured it. Man that’s been a couple of years ago I think at least.

Reactions: Laner2
Found another low cost gem. George Dickel 8 year BOURBON. Not the 8 year sour mash or tennessee whisky or whatever else they sell, but their 8 year bourbon. $25 and better than Eagle Rare.

Reactions: Laner2
Anyone else notice a slight shift in the flavor profile of WT101? Less baking spice and more vanilla frosting. Always liked it, but now even more.

On a cold snowy day. Glass of Makers Mark on the rocks. Pretty interesting documentary on Netflix on how it's made and the history. Your favorites?
Most overrated- High West, especially the higher priced bottles such as Prisoners share. Not good. Was an idiot and spent $40 on one drink.

Was in a store today that I never go to, thought I'd check out their bourbon shelf. Snagged a bottle of OGD bonded for $19.
It's not been available for quite some time, maybe I should have grabbed two. Stuff is legit.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Was in a store today that I never go to, thought I'd check out their bourbon shelf. Snagged a bottle of OGD bonded for $19.
It's not been available for quite some time, maybe I should have grabbed two. Stuff is legit.

I have been hearing people hype up the Old Grand-Dad 114 for a while, but I had never seen it on the shelves out here in California until a few weeks ago. Picked up a bottle for $30 after finding it inside an Asian grocery store of all places.

Must say, it's a pretty solid straight pour. I'm not sure if that 114 is the cask strength or not, but outside of the Kirkland single barrel this is probably one of the best values in the "high proof" category. In fact, it is very similar to the Kirkland single barrels that I have tried.

I have been hearing people hype up the Old Grand-Dad 114 for a while, but I had never seen it on the shelves out here in California until a few weeks ago. Picked up a bottle for $30 after finding it inside an Asian grocery store of all places.

Must say, it's a pretty solid straight pour. I'm not sure if that 114 is the cask strength or not, but outside of the Kirkland single barrel this is probably one of the best values in the "high proof" category. In fact, it is very similar to the Kirkland single barrels that I have tried.
Yes, OGD114 is always a good buy. Hard to find though. Has a bit of a bread dough, yeasty kind of note that is unique. Refusing to finish my bottle until I can find another one.

@otismotis08 I may not be a big fan of JD today, but at some time in the distant past I purchased this...

yN1NJHgm.jpg
B8GBOw7m.jpg

Reactions: otismotis08

So my buddy calls me yesterday and tells me they got Blantons, Eagle Rare and Buffalo Trace in some store here in Lincoln. He has never tried Blanton's so he bought one after I raved about it.
Told me to get there ASAP. 15 min later I arrive and the Blanton's and ER were gone. Good news is I got a bottle of BT. I also got a bottle of Sazerac Rye that I've heard good things about on here. Crazy how fast that stuff goes in Lincoln. I told him next time just buy the Blanton's and I'll buy from you.

So my buddy calls me yesterday and tells me they got Blantons, Eagle Rare and Buffalo Trace in some store here in Lincoln. He has never tried Blanton's so he bought one after I raved about it.
Told me to get there ASAP. 15 min later I arrive and the Blanton's and ER were gone. Good news is I got a bottle of BT. I also got a bottle of Sazerac Rye that I've heard good things about on here. Crazy how fast that stuff goes in Lincoln. I told him next time just buy the Blanton's and I'll buy from you.

Love the Sazerac Rye. Always keep a bottle in my bar.

Reactions: HBK4life
Lincoln. There were so many guys that went in and bought the cheap bottles of stuff you can find if you just looke around. I wish the bourbon boom never happened. The hipster beard army has ruined it for the rest of us that drank bourbon before it started
Hipster beard army story:

Was at a Bourbon bar recently. Couple of mid 20s ( yeah get off my lawn) sitting next to me at the bar tasting various iterations of Jack Daniels and wanting the bartender to leave the bottles in front of them. Then they start taking videos for instagram and discussing how they can clearly tell the difference between a 90 and 95 proof whiskey or bourbon. At one point 5 bottles in front of them ,THEN rather than reading from the spirit menu they start asking the bartender “ how much is the single barrel? How much is the rye? Can we see the bottle for the Gentlemen? How much is that?”

Annoying as hell. He asked me what I wanted and I said “ Macallan 18. Neat”

Then he asked if I wanted him to put the bottle in front of me. I said “no thanks. Ive had scotch before”.

The 20 somethings got in a huff and left. Bartender bought ME and drink and thanked me

You guy said seeing Penelope Rio or Toasted up there .?
Near St. Louis and the toasted is around somewhat limited and the Rio just showed up even more limited
Will try rio tonight but the toasted is good

Nebraska received 20 cases of Rio a couple months ago. Most retailers received a case at most.

Toasted Rye has not arrived in Nebraska yet but it should soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT