ADVERTISEMENT

OT: B1G and Caitlin Clark

What Clark did in the Louisville was not comparable to What the LSU gal did. Clark did it with anyone from the other team as close to her like the LSU player did parading around her and antagonizing her..

People trying to make this a race thing need to realize which one was disrespectful and which one wasn’t..
Yeah I really don’t get why this Angel Reese girl was so disrespected, Clark did it in the Louisville game and wasn’t even directed at an individual player. Reese just straight attacked Clark at the end of the game, super bush league imo. Looking up this Angel girl, she couldn’t retain athletic eligibility at Marylands 2.0 gpa requirement, so she transferred to LSU who has a 1.8 gpa requirement 😆. How is that even possible with all the academic advisors and being the the SEC?

I wouldn't know. didn't watch a second.

I posted that it would be very funny if this iowa girl choked in the biggest game of her life, and what do you know, it came to fruition

still cannot believe you expect to be taken seriously when you hold opinions like "the girl who bricked 11 threes yesterday plays like Pistol Pete"
i watched the game to its end. caitlin didn't have a great day. that was the result of many variables that you would have noted watching it yourself.

that game and all the bravado was a reflection of american culture today. female journalists like holly rowe are defending it. whether it's good for the women's game or not, idk. they had a huge platform yesterday. the offering was something less than appealing to me. they blew it. the biggest negative being the refs. i doubt they were chosen on merit.
Please share with us your insights or theories on how the officiating crew was selected.

Please share with us your insights or theories on how the officiating crew was selected.
i have no idea how they were selected. but they were awful. that's why i wonder if they were best the game had to offer or if selected for some other reason?

i have no idea how they were selected. but they were awful. that's why i wonder if they were best the game had to offer or if selected for some other reason?
what other reason?

be specific

Then please tell us how you think they were selected, if not on merit.

Reactions: king_kong_
you seem to have an idea, want to share it?
I was watching the golf tournament & various baseball games, so I'm very curious to hear from someone who proudly watched every minute & seemingly took notes

I was watching the golf tournament & various baseball games, so I'm very curious to hear from someone who proudly watched every minute & seemingly took notes
once again, i have no clue how they were selected only that they were awful. i thought you said earlier that you didn't watch a second of the game, not true?

once again, i have no clue how they were selected only that they were awful. i thought you said earlier that you didn't watch a second of the game, not true?
I didn't watch a single second of girls' basketball this year

come to think of it, I haven't watched a single second during my entire life

which is why I'm curious what you think was the real reason these supposedly terrible refs were selected to officiate the biggest game of the season & also why they were to blame for female pistol pete's abysmal choke job

If you have no idea how they were selected, then why did you bring the subject up - not just once, but multiple times? You seem to have a theory that you're just not willing to say out loud.

which is why I'm curious what you think was the real reason these supposedly terrible refs were selected to officiate the biggest game of the season & also why they were to blame for female pistol pete's abysmal choke job
it may have been like a university union job based on tenure. that's my best guess given how putrid their combined performance.

If you have no idea how they were selected, then why did you bring the subject up - not just once, but multiple times? You seem to have a theory that you're just not willing to say out loud.
because they were awful. doug gottlieb tweeted yesterday and today: is this the best they have?

Tweet​

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Doug Gottlieb
@GottliebShow

Why are we talking about trash talk… we should be talking about the atrocity of that officiating…

9:11 AM · Apr 3, 2023
·
Views

because they were awful. doug gottlieb tweeted yesterday and today: is this the best they have?

Tweet​

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Doug Gottlieb
@GottliebShow

Why are we talking about trash talk… we should be talking about the atrocity of that officiating…

9:11 AM · Apr 3, 2023
·
Views
So if these officials were so awful that you decided to tell everyone multiple times that they were not selected on merit, please tell us out loud how you think they were selected.

were-waiting-angry.gif
images

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
Didn't watch the game. The explanation for what happened seems obvious to me - Mulkey and Reese are bigger bullies than dickhead Clark, so they got the calls. Hilarious when people cry when the shoe is on the other foot. Reese doing the "you can't see me" to Clark is comedy at its finest.

• Love
Didn't watch the game. The explanation for what happened seems obvious to me - Mulkey and Reese are bigger bullies than dickhead Clark, so they got the calls. Hilarious when people cry when the shoe is on the other foot. Reese doing the "you can't see me" to Clark is comedy at its finest.
always interesting to read views of those who don't watch games. both teams suffered from poor calls. that's why doug gottlieb continues to go off on the poor officiating.

My biggest problem with all the focus being on taunting, the Elton John vs. Phyllis Diller coaching showdown, and whiners spouting sinister conspiracy theories about the selection of the officiating crew is that all of this takes the focus off the best player on the court yesterday.

Alexis Morris flat-out dominated that game. The way she repeatedly chewed up and spit out Iowa's high school-level defense was a thing of beauty.

Reactions: AVeritas
Emmanuel Acho can he be this dumb? When Clark did it, she didn’t do it directed toward a player. Reese obviously doing it at Clark directly and repeatedly. Going out of her way to mock her repeatedly.

So to put this in another way- if i yell “FU” after a dunk without it really being aimed at someone in particular, it’s probably just trash talking. Now if I yell that directly at a certain player and follow her around doing it over and over again, yeah, that’s trashy and borderline assault . If you don’t see the difference there, I can help you. But what do you expect from Least Smart University? It ranks between 175 to 200.

SPOILER ALERT:

officiating did not lead to one team getting drubbed by 17 points
officiating did not lead to one girl bricking 11 threes while her opponents shot 65%
officiating did not taunt multiple teams only to have it come back around 10 fold

it's sports, folks. grow up

winners win, losers lose

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
I can't stand Iowa, but these LSU fans pulling the race card for why the nation is calling them "disrespectful" is wild. Talk about a reach.

FWIW, I did not watch any of the game or press conference afterward. It is so common these days that the race card is used in every instance that it is more unusual when it doesn't happen. Sad to say, most people have become numb to the "racist" label. It takes away from the rare instances of actual racism event(s), unfortunately.

SPOILER ALERT:

officiating did not lead to one team getting drubbed by 17 points
officiating did not lead to one girl bricking 11 threes while her opponents shot 65%
officiating did not taunt multiple teams only to have it come back around 10 fold

it's sports, folks. grow up

winners win, losers lose
Buddy don’t believe they were bricks.. remember you didn’t watch the game, at least that is what you told us..Winking

always interesting to read views of those who don't watch games. both teams suffered from poor calls. that's why doug gottlieb continues to go off on the poor officiating.
So what? Poor calls are part of basketball, or is this the first game you’ve watched all year? You listen to Gottlieb? That explains a lot.

So if these officials were so awful that you decided to tell everyone multiple times that they were not selected on merit, please tell us out loud how you think they were selected.

were-waiting-angry.gif
I would imagine it's because they are women.

Were those 3 ladies better than any dude ref? Maybe, but it would be astonishing if no dude was better than these 3 gals.

With that being said, maybe these lady refs just had an off night?

I would imagine it's because they are women.

Were those 3 ladies better than any dude ref? Maybe, but it would be astonishing if no dude was better than these 3 gals.

With that being said, maybe these lady refs just had an off night?
At least you gave a straight answer instead of just blowing a dog whistle, so thank you for that.

I'm still at a loss to understand how exactly the Hawkeyes were robbed in this game. Do teams that give up 102 points, only 15 of which were from the FT line, usually win?

Do teams that shoot 65% from the 3-point line and outrebound their opponent by 11 boards usually lose?

At least you gave a straight answer instead of just blowing a dog whistle, so thank you for that.

I'm still at a loss to understand how exactly the Hawkeyes were robbed in this game. Do teams that give up 102 points, only 15 of which were from the FT line, usually win?

Do teams that shoot 65% from the 3-point line and outrebound their opponent by 11 boards usually lose?
Are people here saying Iowa got robbed or just that the officiating was terrible?

Last edited:
The better team won the game, it seems clear. The officials were terrible, as well it seems.

Arrogant and passionate lack of class can also happen when both of the above are true. From the extended clips of the initial u can’t see me against Louisville to the wrist flick against SCarolina to the walking around to make sure you’re doing the u can’t see me towards a specific person, the game has new heroes and villains based on perceptions and agendas.

But hey the women’s game is getting attention.

Since you dislike women's sports so much, maybe you should shut your pie hole.

What Clark did in the Louisville was not comparable to What the LSU gal did. Clark did it with anyone from the other team as close to her like the LSU player did parading around her and antagonizing her..

People trying to make this a race thing need to realize which one was disrespectful and which one wasn’t..
They were both disrespectful

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT