ADVERTISEMENT

OT: B1G and Caitlin Clark

Iowa or not, she is a transcendent player in womens college basketball. I don’t watch much, but if I did, it would be because she is playing.
No doubt her speed to the basket and ability to shoot from downtown are fun to watch. I confess to having watched most of their game last night. I also have to confess, gag cough choke spit, that I was pulling for Iowa. Man I feel dirty. Please Lord forgive me for I have sinned.

pete maravich averaged 44 points per game over his three-year career, 50 on the freshman team. likely no one, male or female, will ever achieve what he did, and yes, with no three-point line.

caitlin reminds me of him even though she averaged a paltry 25 this her junior year. like the pistol, skinny, smooth, great facilitator, showman, shoots some crazy shots. easy to cheer for her, her family, and iowa fans.

Last edited:
pete maravich averaged 44 points per game over his three year career, 50 on the freshman team. likely no one, male or female, will ever achieve what he did, and yes, with no three-point line.

caitlin reminds me of him even though she averaged a paltry 25 this her senior year. like the pistol, skinny, smooth, great facilitator, showman, shoots some crazy shots. easy to cheer for her, her family, and iowa fans.

She's a Junior

Reactions: AVeritas
No doubt her speed to the basket and ability to shoot from downtown are fun to watch. I confess to having watched most of their game last night. I also have to confess, gag cough choke spit, that I was pulling for Iowa. Man I feel dirty. Please Lord forgive me for I have sinned.
Same.

The quality of basketball in this mens game is pretty terrible compared to the past. This feels like a first round 8/9 matchup which is basically what it is

The quality of basketball in this mens game is pretty terrible compared to the past. This feels like a first round 8/9 matchup which is basically what it is
Yeah, everyone likes Cinderella up to a certain point. I assume this will be one of the least watched final fours ever.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
If I had to pick an SEC school to root for it'd be LSU and they're playing Iowa no less. So Geaux Tigers...

That said Clark is pretty damn good. I'm hardly a women's basketball expert but I did not expect Iowa to beat South Carolina. I think they'll take the title home...

Fsqbr2BWAAApvGV

for comparison purposes:

Thursday’s Kansas State-Michigan State NCAA men’s basketball regional semifinal averaged 5.92 million viewers on TBS, up 88% from Villanova-Michigan last year (3.15M) and the largest Sweet 16 audience on the network. sportsmediawatch

Last edited:
Avertias, so ESPN vs TBS as a starting point for Comparison, that is a good start. Both cable channels and usually same or close to same tier. Is the ESPN just the channel or multiple platforms? Does TBS have any other watch points than the channel itself? Haven’t had cable in more than a decade so don’t follow that much.

The final four for the women has better splash stories this time for sure to attract more eyes. Will be curious to see final four vs final four numbers themselves.

Would be very funny if she chokes today against that crazy lady with the circus outfits

I’ll be watching baseball/golf, so let me know what happens

Would be very funny if she chokes today against that crazy lady with the circus outfits

Heading to Houston, watching the Astros and hopefully Jake Meyers starts in Center field today.. Be disappointed if he isn’t…

Would not shock me if those viewer #'s are a bit, well, fibby.

I mean, inflating #'s would be nothing new when it comes to attendance/ratings.

Reactions: Kenny Fin Powers
Would not shock me if those viewer #'s are a bit, well, fibby.

I mean, inflating #'s would be nothing new when it comes to attendance/ratings.
I'm all for people watching whatever sports they enjoy.

In this case, less than half as many enjoyed the Iowa-South Carolina WBB game as the Texas-Miami men's regional final (11.3 mil) played the previous weekend. Funny how that didn't show up in the infographic.

uconn was great early and now they're back to that kind of play. can't see san diego hanging with them for long. the hurley family will be group planning this one. bobby played san diego earlier this year.

Apparently interest in the men's championship game has sunk so low that pretentious dipshits who claim to be college basketball fans don't even know which team from San Diego is playing in it.

Apparently interest in the men's championship game has sunk so low that pretentious dipshits who claim to be college basketball fans don't even know which team from San Diego is playing in it.
i never considered san diego a state, much like wichita in that way.

i never considered san diego a state, much like wichita in that way.
How does that explain the dipshittery you posted about Bobby Hurley having played “san diego” earlier this year?

Were you and some fellow gasbags sipping cognac a little early today? If so I can’t blame you. I would drink my breakfast too if I lived in ManCrappedIn.

How does that explain the dipshittery you posted about Bobby Hurley having played “san diego” earlier this year?

Were you and some fellow gasbags sipping cognac a little early today? If so I can’t blame you. I would drink my breakfast too if I lived in ManCrappedIn.
you seem like a slow thinker. i just said calling san diego a state is silly, thus san diego. if i had meant san diego university, i would have wrote that. did i type slowly enough for you?

you seem like a slow thinker. i just said calling san diego a state is silly, thus san diego. if i had meant san diego university, i would have wrote that. did i type slowly enough for you?
Let me get this straight: you saw San Diego on ASU’s schedule and didn’t know it isn’t the same school that’s playing in the title game - and I’m the slow thinker?

Your streak continues, Einstein. No matter how wrong you are or how embarrassingly stupid your post, you still double down.

Reactions: headcard
Let me get this straight: you saw San Diego on ASU’s schedule and didn’t know it isn’t the same school that playing in the title game - and I’m the slow thinker?

Your streak continues, Einstein. No matter how wrong you are or how embarrassingly stupid your post, you still double down.
i posted the asu/san diego STATE score above, genius. they played last year and the year before, thus bobby may be helpful to brother dan's game planning. try to keep up, please. i know it's hard. this isn't football after all.

i posted the asu/san diego STATE score above, genius. they played last year and the year before, thus bobby may be helpful to brother dan's game planning. try to keep up, please. i know it's hard. this isn't football after all.
I know those teams played each other in 2020 and 2021 - I saw SDSU win both. But that’s not what you said - you saw the words “San Diego” on ASU’s 2022-23 schedule and claimed Bobby Hurley played SDSU earlier this year. Just admit you were dead wrong - there’s a first time for everything.

Or go back to making racist statements about officials because your team didn’t win. Whichever.

I know those teams played each other in 2020 and 2021 - I saw SDSU win both. But that’s not what you said - you saw the words “San Diego” on ASU’ 2022-23 schedule and claimed Bobby Hurley played SDSU earlier this year. Just admit you were dead wrong - there’s a first time for everything.
i'm sorry i confused you.

I'm all for people watching whatever sports they enjoy.

In this case, less than half as many enjoyed the Iowa-South Carolina WBB game as the Texas-Miami men's regional final (11.3 mil) played the previous weekend. Funny how that didn't show up in the infographic.
Wouldn’t fit the kitty cat’s agenda

lsu was clearly the better team. deeper bench mattered today as the officials were something less than stellar in their duties. meritocracy not at work here with the b&w striped ladies.

lsu was clearly the better team. deeper bench mattered today as the officials were something less than stellar in their duties. meritocracy not at work here with the b&w striped ladies.
I wI’ll say I think Iowa ran out of gas, can’t believe you Iowa fans aren’t complaining about the thugs from lsu

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT