ADVERTISEMENT

OT: B1G and Caitlin Clark

nostromo78

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 29, 2021
What is the freaking deal here? I might be alone in this, and I 100% agree she is a stud on the court, but good lord, I cant get a couple scrolls down in ANY social media platform without seeing some sort of post from B1G network, NCAA, ESPN, whatever. If it was possible, I would feel a little bad for Iowa's team because no one knows anything about them. They could have a prodigy 13 year old brain surgeon on the team who reanimated Walt Disney's corpse and programmed him to cure cancer, but no one would know because....Caitlin. Cant wait for football season.

the men's side has seen 17 teams come & go from the Dance with nary an elite 8 over the last 2 years

wrestling season is over

other than this girls' basketball team, the only thing the league has to celebrate are the pending media checks

the men's side has seen 17 teams come & go from the Dance with nary an elite 8 over the last 2 years

wrestling season is over

other than this girls' basketball team, the only thing the league has to celebrate are the pending media checks
Yeah, I get it. Only game in town. Its just hard for me to stomach much more. I'm sure it will be back to endless Ohio State and Michigan football highlights again before too long.

You started an entire thread on an non Iowa site about Iowa women’s basketball

Think about that
I am glad you clarified a little bit who the heck she even is. I agree with your sentiment. Lets say from now on, unless the chick banged a dude in the Metrodome bathroom or has a great vodka nickname, lets not have threads on this site about anything Iowa until black Friday weekend. I would rather read sunshine stories about the new waterboy on the team or how great the tunnel walk song is going to be this season. Literally anything else NOT iowa.

Iowa and Caitlin Clark are on every news feed because they are insanely popular. The Elite Eight game drew 2.5 million viewers - as many as all other major sports that day COMBINED! Women's Final Four tickets cost more than the Men's Final Four tickets.
which "major sports" were also happening that day?

Reactions: donahues17
find that hard to believe on ticket price
Thread
See new Tweets
Conversation
Sportico
@Sportico
Re: Ticketmaster this morning:

Men's Final Four - Semi-Finals lowest ticket price: $99
Women's Final Four - Semi-Finals lowest ticket price: $323

Re: Ticketmaster this morning:

Men's Final Four - Semi-Finals lowest ticket price: $99
Women's Final Four - Semi-Finals lowest ticket price: $323
Uh, yeah. That's because the Women's Final Four is being played in a 20,000 seat basketball arena and the Men's Final Four is in a football stadium that seats more than 72,000 people - some of whom won't be sitting in the same zip code as the court.

I'm not anti-women's athletics, but trying to sell the idea that interest in the women's Final Four is higher based on the lowest available ticket price is some of the most idiotic dipshittery I've read in a long time.

women's final four location capacity - 20,000
men's final four location capacity - 72,220

the iowa fan left out this context with regards to ticket prices

Iowa fan also forgot to mention the main reason the ticket price difference is because of the teams playing in the men's final 4.......if you had big name teams it wouldn't be the same price....... UCONN, San Diego St, Florida Atlantic and Miami aren't moving the needle....

Iowa and Caitlin Clark are on every news feed because they are insanely popular. The Elite Eight game drew 2.5 million viewers - as many as all other major sports that day COMBINED! Women's Final Four tickets cost more than the Men's Final Four tickets.
It's all yours, Iowa

well, i'm certainly not an iowa fan by an stretch of the imagination. but i will be curious to see tv ratings between the men's and women's tournament come this weekend.

being k-state, i remember when wbb was great here, the kendra wecker clubs, the gym would be full for the gals, then empty when the men played afterwards.

well, i'm certainly not an iowa fan by an stretch of the imagination. but i will be curious to see tv ratings between the men's and women's tournament come this weekend.

being k-state, i remember when wbb was great here, the kendra wecker clubs, the gym would be full for the gals, then empty when the men played afterwards.
The men and women don’t play back to back in college this ain’t HS. I don’t believe the woman
Final will outdraw the men’s in TV ratings.

The men and women don’t play back to back in college this ain’t HS. I don’t believe the woman
Final will outdraw the men’s in TV ratings.
k-state always has a couple doubles. k-state actually beat iowa's wbb earlier this year in a double dip matchup.

cnpi5.jpg

why not debate the merits rather than attack posters? ans: slow thinking bubba(s) has no coherent takes.

why not debate the merits rather than attack posters? ans: slow thinking bubba(s) has no coherent takes.
Let me make a different sort of rebuttal to the remarkably idiotic notion that the price of the cheapest ticket means the women's Final Four is more popular than the men's version.

If you want to see Garth Brooks at a football stadium, you can probably get in the gate for around $100. If you want to see him at the 2,500-seat Moody Theater in Austin, it will probably run you about $1,000. Same guy, same songs, much smaller venue.

Is that comparison okay, or will it too cause you to whimper?

which "major sports" were also happening that day?
I mean, look at his name "BetaHusker"

Oh wait, that is not it but it should be.

Look, no woman's game got 2.5 million viewers unless one of the girls on the team had a family of 2.4 million, because they would be forced to watch by their parents.

And Norman Bates thinks it would be weird to pay 150 dollars for a woman's ticket.

Let me make a different sort of rebuttal to the remarkably idiotic notion that the price of the cheapest ticket means the women's Final Four is more popular than the men's version.

If you want to see Garth Brooks at a football stadium, you can probably get in the gate for around $100. If you want to see him at the 2,500-seat Moody Theater in Austin, it will probably run you about $1,000. Same guy, same songs, much smaller venue.

Is that comparison okay, or will it too cause you to whimper?
did someone write that the price of the cheapest ticket means the women's Final Four is more popular than the men's version?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT