ADVERTISEMENT

OT: B1G and Caitlin Clark

Definitely not a Iowa or Clark fan but todays officiating was one of the all time worst might as well put on football gear , I’m sure espn is happy the sec won
As much as I dislike Iowa, I dislike biased officiating more (think NU getting jobbed against TX any number of times). When an LSU player delivers an elbow to the head of an Iowa player, no problem. But when the reversed happened it's a foul. This season I found two WBB teams to not like: South Carolina and LSU.

Iowa or not, she is a transcendent player in womens college basketball. I don’t watch much, but if I did, it would be because she is playing.
I agree a, don’t like Iowa or GBB but Katlin Clark is the best I have seen,You give credit where credit where it’s due.

Reactions: jteten
So the wave off of the SC player as a non shooter was disrespectful? Her u can’t see me was against Louisville, was it directed at any single player?

Saw the upset and defenders of the LSU player come across the Twitter timeline. If you go at a single player, then T seems automatic but if not at a specific person, those upset should she have gotten a T?

The context being?

If you are going to dish it out, don’t complain when you have to take it.
Also, Caitlin didn't follow her opponent around doing that hand thing multiple times.

I honestly don't care about the hand gesture either way, but it's silly to say both actions were the same. Similar, yes. The same, no.

Last edited:
Iowa fans are shocked (SHOCKED!) that anyone would taunt during or immediately after a sporting event.

Kind of like the Rolling Stones were shocked (SHOCKED!) that hiring the Hell's Angels to provide concert security might be a bad idea.

It was also hilarious to hear Iowa's coach whining about how the officials wouldn't talk to her, while Kim Mulkey seemed to have their ear. I'll bet every Big Ten coach who saw that is still laughing their ass off and saying, "Welcome to our world, conference darling."

Reactions: king_kong_
Iowa fans are shocked (SHOCKED!) that anyone would taunt during or immediately after a sporting event.

Kind of like the Rolling Stones were shocked (SHOCKED!) that hiring the Hell's Angels to provide concert security might be a bad idea.

Thanks for the reminder, that should remind everyone never feel sorry for Iowa Athletics

Reactions: headcard
Wasn’t comparing them for God sake, I mentioned as women she played like him with her shooting distance and passing abilities…

Bad comprehension on your part.
Never watched a second, don’t care to

You mentioning some girl nobody heard of 5 minutes ago in the same breath as the Pistol only to have people agree with you is laugh out loud hilarious

As much as I dislike Iowa I was hoping they would win because of Caitlin Clark. I didn't actually watch the championship. I didn't know it was yesterday tbh.

I can't stand Iowa, but these LSU fans pulling the race card for why the nation is calling them "disrespectful" is wild. Talk about a reach.
Bottom line, Clark dished it out, and got it back 2 fold. And even more impressively, took it and handled the smoke perfectly in the after press conference. You can ignore the race part if you want, but had clark acted like that it after the W, the attacks would’ve been significantly curtailed. The girl from LSU was probably excessive in taunted, but if you don’t want any smoke, then don’t stoke the fire. Clark has done just that. Can’t believe I’m talking about womens college basketball. Caitlin Clark is the best thing to happen to womens college athletics since title 9.

Clark plays with an edge no doubt. She has to be able to take it when it gets flipped and it looked like she handled it well. I do feel the LSU girl was a little over the top but maybe that is me looking through Hawkeye glasses.

The bigger story is the game was ruined by some of the worst officiating I have ever seen. What should have been a marque matchup to grow the sport, you had what you had yesterday.

Bottom line, Clark dished it out, and got it back 2 fold. And even more impressively, took it and handled the smoke perfectly in the after press conference. You can ignore the race part if you want, but had clark acted like that it after the W, the attacks would’ve been significantly curtailed. The girl from LSU was probably excessive in taunted, but if you don’t want any smoke, then don’t stoke the fire. Clark has done just that. Can’t believe I’m talking about womens college basketball. Caitlin Clark is the best thing to happen to womens college athletics since title 9.

I had no qualms with Clark dishing it or the girl from LSU reciprocating (although, I thought hers was a little more egregious). Pat Bev does that same sh*t all the time and no one cares, so I don't either. Just don't pull the race card. No one's saying you're not classy because of your skin color give me a break.

Is it worse than posting a box score from the wrong season, in a feeble attempt to escape looking like a total dumbass?
it would be great if posters like you would debate the topic instead of constantly looking like a child. good grief.

it would be great if posters like you would debate the topic instead of constantly looking like a child. good grief.

weren't you one of those saying this girl who bricked 11 3 pointers in the biggest game of her life reminds you of Pistol Pete?

RollingLaugh

weren't you one of those saying this girl who bricked 11 3 pointers in the biggest game of her life reminds you of Pistol Pete?

RollingLaugh
yes, she reminds me of the pistol. i also wrote she averaged 25ppg this year while pete over his three years averaged 44 ppg, 50 as a freshman. no one will ever equal that again. still, caitlin's skinny stature, facilitation, shot making, showmanship, etc do remind me of pete maravich.

What Clark did in the Louisville was not comparable to What the LSU gal did. Clark did it with anyone from the other team as close to her like the LSU player did parading around her and antagonizing her..

People trying to make this a race thing need to realize which one was disrespectful and which one wasn’t..

What Clark did in the Louisville was not comparable to What the LSU gal did. Clark did it with anyone from the other team as close to her like the LSU player did parading around her and antagonizing her..

People trying to make this a race thing need to realize which one was disrespectful and which one wasn’t..
all's fair in love (sports) and war (sports)

winners win, losers cry in the postgame presser

that game and all the bravado was a reflection of american culture today. female journalists like holly rowe are defending it. whether it's good for the women's game or not, idk. they had a huge platform yesterday. the offering was something less than appealing to me. they blew it. the biggest negative being the refs. i doubt they were chosen on merit.

All the women’s games in the final 4 every foul that was called women cried every whistle. Ohh you mean it’s on me.🥲

that game and all the bravado was a reflection of american culture today. female journalists like holly rowe are defending it. whether it's good for the women's game or not, idk. they had a huge platform yesterday. the offering was something less than appealing to me. they blew it. the biggest negative being the refs. i doubt they were chosen on merit.
I wouldn't know. didn't watch a second.

I posted that it would be very funny if this iowa girl choked in the biggest game of her life, and what do you know, it came to fruition

still cannot believe you expect to be taken seriously when you hold opinions like "the girl who bricked 11 threes yesterday plays like Pistol Pete"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT