ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Farrell: Fact or Fiction: Nebraska's QB Situation, Marvin Harrison Jr. Staying, George Helow to Bama

phoenix4nu

Offensive Coordinator
May 10, 2009
1. Matt Rhule is handling the Nebraska QB situation properly.

Farrell’s take: FACT

It’s risky to say no to Kyle McCord. After all, he won 11 games in the Big Ten last season, brings immediate experience, and can handle the pressure. But with 5-star Dylan Raiola set to commit, Rhule decided to go all in on youth. And now he’s kept Daniel Kaelin in this class as well which is somewhat remarkable, so he has two freshmen QBs next year. Chubba Purdy is also in the mix, so Nebraska lacks great experience but has youth and promise. There will be growing pains, but this is the right path.

Mike Farrell's Fact or Fiction

Last edited:
If in fact DR is coming, then I find McCord not coming possibly a good thing. Like any big QB in the portal, they’re looking to start not compete. And if DR is that good, then you get that kid ready to play since he’s your future. Im hoping with DR he’s our next Frazier.

Reactions: BleedRed78
1. Matt Rhule is handling the Nebraska QB situation properly.

Farrell’s take: FACT

It’s risky to say no to Kyle McCord. After all, he won 11 games in the Big Ten last season, brings immediate experience, and can handle the pressure. But with 5-star Dylan Raiola set to commit, Rhule decided to go all in on youth. And now he’s kept Daniel Kaelin in this class as well which is somewhat remarkable, so he has two freshmen QBs next year. Chubba Purdy is also in the mix, so Nebraska lacks great experience but has youth and promise. There will be growing pains, but this is the right path.

Mike Farrell's Fact or Fiction
Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

No. I don't think anybody is even thinking of him right now.
Are you that spiteful or just plain dumb?

not thinking of the guy that lead the team in
-rushing yards
-passing yards
-obviously total yardage
-Running Tds
-passing Tds
-obviously total TDs
- he had 1 less receiving yard then AG, and Grant was our most used RB
- He had a 71.43% winning percentage as QB

But no, I’m not thinking of how to utilize that talent. 🤯

Maybe not at QB but a dude like that needs to find a place on the field.

-rushing yards
-passing yards
-obviously total yardage
-Running Tds
-passing Tds
-obviously total TDs

You are right he did some good things but he’s correct that the only two posters thinking of HH in the QB discussion are you and our resident subhuman primate.

-rushing yards
-passing yards
-obviously total yardage
-Running Tds
-passing Tds
-obviously total TDs

No spite from me so I will say dumb....but there has been little talk about him . I think most assume the new 5 star will be the starter.

Reactions: king_kong_
Some traction to Casey Thompson rumors.
He would be a nice insurance policy and good addition to the QB room. IF it happens I think it would be a non-scholarship NIL deal. He really screwed up by leaving last spring.

He would be a good tight end if he can catch.
Would he? Can he block? Is he quick enough to get off the line and beat a safety on a 15 yard out route? Just curious because i think hes a hell of an athlete but I dont know if he can become a TE this late in his football career.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT