ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon has been killing it in recruiting

Your story would make Horatio Alger smile.
Thanks, but many have had it much worse that me and still managed to make an impact on those they had under their care.

Not to editorialize, but growing up with a non-existent old man drove me to having a fantastic relationship with my kids and certainly my grandchildren. I'm never sure how I feel when my fellow Husker fans have to deliver the sad news that their aging father has passed. Because I had that void in my life, I feel sorry for them, but I can't relate to it.

I remember when I was 12 years old and my mom told me she had some bad news, and I asked her what it was. She said, "Well, you dad passed away." I said, "I don't care, I don't even know the guy."

He and my mom both were abusive alcoholics.
Maybe that explains why I never drank, I seen all the bad things that happen.

Sorry for the negative tone.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
In no way am I in favor of amnesty. For those that come legally, I say more power to them. Either we are a nation of laws or we're not, (and we're not). How the hell can we justify giving debit cards and putting those people up in hotels when we have hundreds of thousands of homeless people in this country living on the streets? Granted, they may be homeless by choice because they can't function in society, but giving them their little debit cards is such a slap in the face.

This country is so broken and much of it is because of the Cloward-Pivens strategy. It's all been the plan since the 1960's. The purpose of the Federal Reserves, since it's inception, and around the world is to bankrupt the entire world, and its happening and will officially happen at some point.

I don’t agree with giving illegal migrants anything other than a trip back home. Amnesty on the other hand… for certain people I think it would be an acceptable concession to/for the left. (I’m talk kids who grew up here, brought here as small children and are now 18 years of age, legal migrants with college degrees and/or 10+ years of work record and no criminal record.)

I don’t agree with giving illegal migrants anything other than a trip back home. Amnesty on the other hand… for certain people I think it would be an acceptable concession to/for the left. (I’m talk kids who grew up here, brought here as small children and are now 18 years of age, legal migrants with college degrees and/or 10+ years of work record and no criminal record.)
I've been back in Florida for my sisters passing for about 3 weeks so far, and the impact of the migrant crisis has hit me like a ton of bricks. It was not like this just a few short years ago.. I see big differences since I have been gone.

Even casually jumping into a game of Warzone (yes I still play at 55) I can estimate that Spanish is spoken over 60% or more of the time in game. It feels more like a foreign country to me, than the foreign country that I just left in a lot of ways.

All that stuff aside, the capitalist engine here is still alive and well. The friction points and general competition in the society are ever present and will propel the next generation.

As I looked out over the mid to upper neighborhood street from my sisters place this morning, I saw lots of cars in driveways.. only a few cars leave for work (on a Monday morning). Everyone else is either working from home, or most likely living on savings, and renting out the 3rd bedroom to another family member to share in the economic pain.

America is going to get another reboot, but it's going to continue to change.. There won't be any going back to the way it used to be. They won't be able to deport millions of people without wrecking the economy even further.. the next generation has moved in and is going to make their claim, and hopefully pay for the benefits that us citizens were promised.. Smoke a cigar and take it all in fellas.

It's only a bad ponzi scheme where you're the last one holding the bag.

I’ll stop buying Nike. Like Oregon or Knight give AF, but what really should happen is schools should stop being sponsored by Nike. That’s a conflict of interest if I ever heard one.
I've been writing this for years. I don't own one piece of Nike trash. Why fund the Ducks? Oregon has Ohio State at home. That will be their toughest game. I would think every other game is winnable. They may put up 100 points in their opening game against Idaho. Sure, they have to go to Ann Arbor to play Michigan, but Michigan will not be the same without Harbaugh. I think the BIG gave the Ducks a very favorable schedule. I wrote this a couple of weeks ago. If Wisky has anything in them the game in Madison on Nov. 16 could be a game where the Ducks stub their toe. Lastly, there is something about Oregon. They buy all kinds of great players, give them everything they want, spend more money than anyone else on uniforms, yet they still always manage to lose that one key game they need to win.

Thanks, but many have had it much worse that me and still managed to make an impact on those they had under their care.

Not to editorialize, but growing up with a non-existent old man drove me to having a fantastic relationship with my kids and certainly my grandchildren. I'm never sure how I feel when my fellow Husker fans have to deliver the sad news that their aging father has passed. Because I had that void in my life, I feel sorry for them, but I can't relate to it.

I remember when I was 12 years old and my mom told me she had some bad news, and I asked her what it was. She said, "Well, you dad passed away." I said, "I don't care, I don't even know the guy."

He and my mom both were abusive alcoholics.
Maybe that explains why I never drank, I seen all the bad things that happen.

Sorry for the negative tone.
No worries. I’ll drink enough for the both of us.

What a lame Whitney day though!!

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
I'm looking at macroeconomics. The job market has been red hot. Unemployment under 4% is the longest streak since Vietnam War. Job growth 43 consecutive months despite rising interest rates. Inflation rate around 3% for about a year. Major stock market indexes have been at an all time high. Those are all good signs. But credit card debt is up. People love spending and don't seem to love working. People prefer to sit around on their phones and bitch. Every economy has winners and losers unfortunately.
I recently saw a chart that blew my mind. It showed job growth since the last low (can’t remember where I saw it) as it showed job changes over many years on a graph from the lows of 2008. Bottom line is nearly all the growth was from immigration, not jobs for US citizens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT